Krishna Mukherjee is an Indian television actress and model, who works in Hindi TV shows. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Alia Raghav’ in Star Plus TV serial ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ (2016-2019).
Krishna Mukherjee was born on Wednesday, 12 August 1992.age 30 years; by 2022) in Ludhiana, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Leo.
Growing up, Krishna was inclined towards dance and wanted to become a choreographer. He did his schooling from BCM School, Pakhowal Road, Basant City, Ludhiana. After completing 12th standard, Krishna moved to Delhi, where she learned various dance forms. Later, she started teaching dance to students at Kingdom of Dreams, Gurugram. She also used to do live theater and musical theatre. Once, while working as a dancer in the Bollywood musical Jhumru Broadway, Krishna received a call from a friend asking her to audition for the TV serial ‘Jhalli Anjali’ (which she later acquired).
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Color: brown
Eye Colour: dark brown
Krishna Mukherjee belongs to a Bengali family.
parents and siblings
Krishna’s father’s name is Vishwaroop Mukherjee and mother’s name is Ruby Mukherjee. He has a younger sister Saru Mukherjee Sharma. Saru is a blogger.
On 8 September 2020, Krishna Mukherjee got engaged to Indian merchant navy officer Chirag Batliwala. The two dated for about a year before exchanging the ring. Their engagement took place in Manali in front of their close family members and friends. Krishna chose a stunning off-shoulder white gown and Chirag wore his navy uniform for the occasion.
In a media interaction, when Krishna was asked to share her feelings after the engagement, she said,
I will be Mrs next year but yes, it always feels great to be with someone who is so loving, caring and funny. Me, my sister and friends did all the preparation and planning but mostly they were handling everything and I was just taking them for granted. There are so many surprises for me and my fiancee.”
Further talking about her wedding plans with Chirag, Krishna said,
I have never met a person who loves me so much, cares for me and does little things that I love so much. He makes me feel very special with his small gestures and I just knew in my heart that he was the one for me. It was the same for him, which is why we decided to take things forward and get engaged. I am very happy and excited. But we have no plans to get married this year, we will tie the knot in 2023.”
In the same interview, while talking about revealing his childhood dream of getting engaged in the hills, he said,
I revealed it when I was a kid, I wanted my engagement to be in the hills and Manali is beautiful, serene and romantic, I literally can’t say ‘I am very fond of marrying me since childhood’.
His friends fondly call him “Krishraag”.
Krishna Mukherjee was once rumored to be in a relationship with Indian television actor and her Ye Hai Mohabbatein co-star Eli Gonik,
Krishna first met Chirag Batliwala in 2021 through a mutual friend. They immediately liked each other and started dating. Talking about Chirag in an interview, Krishna Mukherjee said,
We met in December last year through mutual friends and instantly clicked. He is not a part of this industry; He is in Merchant Navy. I met him for the first time when he was in his uniform and was immediately attracted to him. He is not used to my profession, so I am not sharing his name as he is a private person.
Krishna Mukherjee started her career as an actress with Channel V’s TV serial ‘Jhalli Anjali’ in 2014, in which she played the role of Sheena. Thereafter, she appeared as Sanjana in the episodic TV show Yeh Hai Aashiqui (2015), as Arshiya in Twist Wala Love (2015) and as Jiya in MTV Big F (2015). She became a household name by playing the role of Alia Raghav in the Star Plus TV serial ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ (2016-2019).
In 2019, Krishna played the role of Tamsi in the Hindi-language supernatural fiction television series ‘Naagin 3’. The show was aired on Colors TV. In 2021, Mukherjee appeared as Priya Raheja Singhania in the spin-off series Naagin 5 ‘Kuch To Hai: Naagin Ek Nayi Rang Mein’.
He also played the role of Shagun Shubh Jaiswal in the Indian drama series ‘Shubh Shagun’.
Krishna Mukherjee has also acted in a few Punjabi music videos including ‘Black’ (2019) Guru Randhawa and ‘Ik Vaari’ (2020) by Prabha Gill.
- Film Genre(s): romantic euphemisms
- movie(s): Pretty Woman (1990), Notting Hill (1999), Notebook (2004)
Facts / Trivia
- Krishna Mukherjee loves to dance and sing in his spare time.
- He is proficient in four languages- Bengali, Punjabi, Hindi and English.
- His family and friends fondly call him Kishuou.
- He is often seen drinking alcohol on several occasions.
- According to Mukherjee, his lucky number is 7.
- Initially, Krishna was afraid of the camera. However, he overcame this after doing musical theater under Ashton Lobo.
- Krishna is often considered a lookalike of a popular television actress. Mouni Roy, Although he does not like to be compared with Mouni.
- Krishna Mukherjee loves to wear Baluchari sarees. Talking about this in an interview, he said,
I always look forward to Durga Puja to adorn this nine yard wonder with my unique draping style. Any girl looks beautiful in a bong saree even without makeup. I also love vermilion khela and other married women’s rituals.”
- A dog lover, Krishna has a pet dog.
- During an interview, talking about the similarities between him and the role played by his ‘Alia’ in the TV serial ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’, Krishna said,
To be honest, at first I was not very excited about playing the character, was unsure of the importance. My mother forced me, and I am happy, because I have received so much love and appreciation for my efforts. When I started, I had only 5000 followers on Instagram and today I have 1.3 million. The best part is that Alia is just like me, so I don’t need to act. I have learned a lot from Divyanka Tripathi. There is no one like him in our industry today. He’s very natural with dialogue delivery and his improvisation always kicks things up a notch. ,
- Krishna Mukherjee revealed during an interview that she had her first crush on a boy named Salil when she was in school. However, he never admitted his feelings to her.
- In an interview, while talking about his first heartbreak, Krishna revealed that he had a huge crush on his computer teacher, who married his math teacher, leaving Krishna heartbroken.
- He owns a Mahindra XUV300.
- When she was working as a choreographer in a dance school in Delhi, she earned Rs. 3000 per month (first salary) for this.
- She is an avid cat lover and has a pet cat Oreo.
- Krishna is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.
- Krishna is a fitness enthusiast and practices yoga to keep herself fit.