Lakshmi Priya is an Indian actress, who predominantly works in Malayalam entertainment industry.
Lakshmi Priya was born as Sabina Abdul Latif on Monday 11 March 1985 (age 37 years; as in 2022) in Kayamkulam, Alappuzha district, Kerala. He was brought up in Nooranadu, Kerala. After her parents’ divorce when she was two and a half years old, Lakshmi Priya was raised by her uncle Latif in her father’s ancestral home. Despite growing up in a large family with five uncles, she faced emotional distress due to lack of love and care from her parents. She met her estranged father at the age of 5 and the next time she met him, Lakshmipriya was a thirteen year old girl. By that time, her father already had another family. He spent his childhood under the impression that his mother was dead. At the age of 14, she met her mother for the first time and found out that she was alive. However, Lakshmi Priya was not fulfilled by meeting her estranged mother as the love and care had already faded over time. In an interview, she said,
I am the one who grew up believing that my mother was dead. When I was 14 years old, I went alone to visit my mother, hoping that she would give me the love and care she had withheld for so many years. However, it was not something I expected. I realized that such things only happen in films.”
A lonely childhood, she eventually sought solace in acting. He did his schooling from St. Mary’s LPS Charumamudu, CBMHS Nooranad and PUM Vocational Higher Secondary School, Pallikal. She dropped out of school when she was in class XII. After her marriage, she shifted to Kakkanad, Kochi. Although she was interested in acting since childhood, she ventured into the Malayalam film industry after her marriage to Jayesh. It was her father-in-law who introduced her to several prominent directors of the industry, which marked the beginning of her career.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: Balki
parents and siblings
Laxmi Priya’s father’s name is Kabir. Her parents divorced when she was only two and a half years old. He has two sisters.
husband and children
In a Hindu wedding ceremony on 21 April 2005, Lakshmi Priya married Jayesh Purushottam (also known as P. Jayesh), the son of renowned playback singer Pattanakkad Purushottam. Together, they have a daughter named Matangi Jai.
Lakshmi Priya was born in a Muslim family. When she married P. Jayesh at the age of 19, she converted to Hinduism.
Cyber Heights, Flat No. 12B, Asset Homes, VSNL Road, Kakkanad PO, Ernakulam District, Pin-682030
He started his journey in the entertainment industry at the age of 16 as a professional theater artist.
In 2005, Lakshmi Priya made her acting debut with the Jeevan TV show ‘Sridhanam’, in which she played the role of Sari’s sister. He played lead roles in Kairali TV’s ‘Ayyadi Manme’ (2005).
From 2005 to 2006, she starred in Surya TV’s show Indumukhi Chandramathi. Other Surya TV shows in which she appeared include ‘Kanakkinavu’ and ‘Actress’. In 2010, she starred in Amrita TV’s Aranzhika Neram, which won nine awards at the Kerala State Television Awards. From 2015 to 2026, she appeared in Nirupama Fans, which was aired on Flowers TV. She also starred in Flowers TV’s Sita (2018) and Pulival (2020). Apart from daily soaps, Lakshmi Priya has appeared in various reality TV shows like Aaram + Aaram = Kinnaram, Laughing Villa and Badai Bangla.
She appeared in the cookery show ‘Test Time’ to be aired on Asianet. She also hosted Little Kitchen, a cookery competition for children on TV. In 2022, she came into limelight after appearing as a contestant in the popular reality TV show Bigg Boss (Malayalam Season 4).
In 2005, she made her film debut with the action drama film ‘Naaran’, in which she played the role of Kellappan’s elder daughter Pushpa.
She played the role of Shobha Gopinath in the 2006 language political action thriller film Lion. She played the role of Radha in the romantic drama film ‘Nivedhyam’ (2007) and Sophia in the romantic comedy-drama film ‘Bhagyadevata’ (2009). , In 2012, he played the role of a biology teacher in the film ‘Last Bench’.
Another major film of her career was ‘Molly Auntie Rocks!’ (2012) in which she played the role of Usha.
In 2015, she starred in the political drama film ‘Campus Diary’. The film revolves around a student named Nikhil, who wants to bring about social change as part of an NSS camp. In the same year, he acted as Daewoo in the film ‘Ithinumpuram’.
In 2019, she appeared in the film ‘Safe’ as Aamina. The film revolves around an IPS officer named Shreya, who faces difficulties while investigating a case of sexual abuse.
In 2017, she earned a lot for acting in the Malayalam theatrical production ‘Hidimbi’. While Lakshmi Priya played the role of the old Hidimbi (from Mahabharata), Geetu Das played the role of the modern age Hidimbi.
In 2019, he wrote the autobiographical book ‘Kathayum Kathapathrangalam Sankalpaikamalla’.
Lakshmi Priya made her debut as a screenwriter with the Malayalam drama film ‘Aarattu Mundan’ directed by her husband P Jaya Dev. The film tells the story of Murali, a politician who serves the society without any benefit to his home or family, and his four friends.
During the 2021 Kerala Assembly elections, Lakshmi Priya claimed that she is a staunch supporter of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). ,Hindupost)) He said,
I will stand with this movement whether anyone leaves it to win or lose. Though I do not have a single seat like mine, but I am one of the thousands who will definitely vote for the Bharatiya Janata Party. ,
- Books): Randamoozam (1984), Mattathi (2016), Samudrashila (2019)
- Writers): MT Vasudevan Nair, Sara Joseph, Madhavikutty, Subhash Chandra
Facts / Trivia
- Questions of caste and religion prompted her to officially change her name from Sabina Abdul Latif to Lakshmi Priya in 2021.
- Ever since she became a practicing Hindu, she has been targeted by angry conservative Islamists, who often criticize her on social media.
- A trained dancer in classical dances such as Bharatanatyam, Mohiniyattam, Kathakali and Ottanthulal, Lakshmi was awarded the title of ‘Kalathilakam’ during her school days.
- She actively works with two social service groups Disha and Koottu, which inculcate leadership qualities in children and also promote organic farming.
- Her name was Sabina Jayesh on her PAN card and Sabina Jayesh on her driving licence.
- In an interview, Lakshmi Priya revealed that P. She was supposed to marry a lawyer before marrying Jayesh, but she called off the marriage as the groom’s family demanded a dowry of 101 gold coins. She also revealed that the gold she wore when she married P Jayesh was her mangalsutra.
- She has been a featured model on the cover of various Malayalam magazines.
- Lakshmipriya is an inquisitive reader.
- Lakshmipriya says Indian film director Satyan Antikad appreciated her excellent understanding of language and asked her to try her hand at writing.
- In an interview, she revealed that she has miscarried twice. Finally, when she became pregnant at the age of thirty, she faced various complications. It was found that the umbilical cord was lying in the neck of the child. Hence, she gave birth to her child via caesarean section in the sixth month of her pregnancy.
- The role in her first serial, Stridhanam was initially offered to her sister-in-law. However, she could not take it as the production team wanted someone with long hair. As a result, the role was handed over to Lakshmipriya.