Lynn Laishram is an Indian model, actress and businesswoman who is popularly known for being in a relationship with Bollywood actor Randeep Hooda.
Lin Laishram was born as Linthoingambi Laishram on Thursday, 19 December 1985 (Age 37 years; by 2022) in Imphal, Manipur. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. When she was in college, one of her professors changed her name to Lin because some of her non-Manipuri friends found it difficult to pronounce. She did her early schooling in Manipur and later moved to Mumbai. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from Sophia College, Mumbai. He was interested in sports since childhood, so he took training in archery at Tata Archery Academy, Jamshedpur. After suffering a long-term injury while playing archery, she began modeling and took an acting course at the Stella Adler Studio of Acting, New York. She struggled while doing theater in New York and had to work as a waitress to support herself.
Height: 5′ 9½”
Hair Color: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (Approx.): 32-26-32
parents and siblings
Lynn’s father’s name is Chandrasen Laishram, who is a banker and a sportsperson.
His mother’s name is Sorodhoni Laishram, who works as a doctor.
He has an elder sister named Rita Laishram Lee.
As of 2022, he is unmarried.
Lynn is in a relationship with Bollywood actor Randeep Hooda. In 2020, there were rumors of Randeep and Lynn’s marriage.
Lin belongs to the Mayang group of Manipur.
Lynn moved to New York in 2006 and began working as a print and fashion model. She has walked the ramp for various fashion shows like India Fashion Week and New York Bridal Week. She was also chosen as the brand ambassador of Ozoru Jewelry, a New York-based jewelry brand.
She made her debut in the fashion industry in India when she was selected during a fest in her college by a modeling agency that was looking for long haired girls for a photo shoot for L’Oreal magazine. In 2007, she signed with Elite Modeling Agency.
In 2008, she became the first runner-up in the Miss North East pageant held in Shillong.
In 2012, she became the first Manipuri model to wear a swimsuit on national television for the reality TV show Kingfisher Calendar Girl.
Lynn made her Bollywood debut in 2007 with the film Om Shanti Om, in which she made a cameo appearance as Om Kapoor’s friend.
She has appeared in other Bollywood films including Mary Kom (2014) as Bem, Uday’s wife in Umrika (2015), Mema in Rangoon (2017), Qaidi Band (2017), and Chanbi in Exxon (2019).
She has appeared in various short films including We Are Mahindra (2017) and Ave Maria (2020). He made a cameo appearance in the 2007 Hindi sport-drama film Hattrick. He also played a small role in the Bollywood film Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola in 2013. In 2022, she appeared in the Amazon Prime Video series Modern Love: Mumbai. In which she played the role of Avantika.
Since 2011, she has been a part of various theater groups such as Motley by Naseeruddin Shah, Pravah Theater Lab by Neeraj Kabi and Rangbaaz.
In March 2017, she launched her own jewelery brand named Shamu Sana. In an interview she talked about her jewelery brand and said,
The first time I designed an earring was for my mother and she was very happy. He inspired me to start my own venture. I experiment a lot and my designs are a mix of different places and times. My designs are ready to wear, easy on the pocket and totally funky and stylish.
In 2020, Lin was warned by the Kangleipak Kanba Lup (KKL), Manipur for his comments on the racist characteristics of the people in the region. The group demanded an apology from him and in a press statement, they said that they would file a police case against him for letting down the Meiteis and the people of the entire Northeast region. At a film event in Pune, Lin said that Manipuri Meiteis are also ‘racist’ because they use the word “Mayang” to describe mainland Indians.
In 2018, she was recognized as the Women Achiever of Manipur from United Living and Ningol Chakkouba Samiti.
Facts / Trivia
- Lin follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Her hobbies include traveling, playing various sports, and cooking.
- Lynn’s parents were not very supportive of her career choices when she was young. As a child, she joined a dance school, but her parents dropped her and asked her to make studies her priority. When she was growing up, she did not have many actors or models from Manipur to look up to as the profession was not taken seriously by the people of her region.
- Her father was the president of the Manipur Archery Association, and inspired her to take up the sport. Lin took up archery and trained at the Tata Archery Academy, Jamshedpur. In 1998, she became the Junior National Champion and Player of the Year at the Nationals held in Chandigarh.
- In 2020, she appeared in the film ‘Axon’ in which all the actors were from Northeastern. In an interview, he said that Bollywood does not cast people from the Northeast as lead roles in films. In the interview he further said,
Till date, Bollywood has not taken any story, any project with entire cast and crew from North Eastern states of India. The people of the mainland need to know about us. We need to know more about mainland India. There is a need for dialogue between states and cultural exchange. Before me, there was no female artist from Manipur who had come out and been a part of Bollywood.
- In 2021, in an interview, she openly stated that Mary Kom’s role in her biopic would have looked better if the actress was from Manipur or the North East. Later Priyanka Chopra also admitted in an interview that she does not look like Mary Kom. Lynn lauded Priyanka’s stand and said,
It is indeed gracious and brave of Priyanka to finally admit it and stick it out. My admiration for him has only grown immensely. I think it’s very hard to understand inclusivity until you’ve been excluded.
- According to him, the roles offered to Northeast actors are not very impressive. They are offered the roles of a spa girl, prostitute or waiter.
- In an interview, she said that the fashion industry treated her with more respect and acceptance than Bollywood. He talked about it in the interview and said,
Working in the fashion industry was very easy but then I stepped into the shocking world of Bollywood. People would call me only when their role was of a Chinese character. It was a huge contrast compared to the modeling industry. But then you learn and move on with time. I am always on the lookout for important work. It hasn’t been easy at all.”
- In 2017, she referred to human rights activist Irom Sharmila as a superwoman and said that she would love to play her role if a biopic was ever made on her.
- He is often spotted drinking alcohol on several occasions.
This post is auto generated. All Materials and trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your articles, please contact us.