Age: 34 Years
Profession: Actor, Film Producer
Hometown: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Some lesser known facts about Lokesh Rajendran
- Lokesh Rajendran was a former Indian child artist. He was a film producer who mainly worked in the Tamil film industry. He is best known for his role as a child in the famous Tamil television serial ‘Vidthu Karuppu’ aired on Sun TV in 1997. Lokesh Rajendran committed suicide in Chennai on 4 October 2022. According to media reports, he consumed poison and died.
- As an actor, Lokesh Rajendran appeared in Kakai Chirakinile in 2000, Kannupada Poguthaiah in 2000 and Kummi Pattu in 1999.
- In 1995, Lokesh Rajendran started working as a child artist in the serial Marma Desam series as the childhood version of Rasu. The main character was portrayed by popular Tamil actor Chetan. He then appeared in the Tamil language television serial ‘Zee Boomba’.
- In 2012, Lokesh Rajendran worked as an associate director or second unit director for the film Aaaa, Ambuli in 2010 and Aur Eravu in 2014.
- In 2018, Lokesh Rajendran rose to prominence when his film ‘6 Athiyayam’ became a hit.
- In 2022, an event was organized by the makers of Marma Desam series and the team to mark 25 years of the series. Lokesh Rajendran was also present on this occasion.
- On 2 October 2022, Lokesh was found unconscious by a passerby at the Koyambedu bus station. Soon he was taken to the Kilpakkam Government Hospital for treatment. His medical report revealed that Lokesh Rajendran had tried to commit suicide by consuming poison. Thereafter, he was shifted to the intensive care unit of the hospital.
- On 3 October 2022, the police investigation report stated that Lokesh Rajendran was married and had two children. Although he was living with his mother in Kancheepuram. His parents revealed in police statements that he was suffering from mental distress for the past few days due to some family problems in the family.
- Soon after his death, in a media interaction, Lokesh’s father said that there was some misunderstanding between Lokesh and his wife a month ago after which his wife sent Lokesh a legal notice of divorce. His father said that Lokesh went into depression after that. Lokesh’s father told,
A month ago, I came to know that there was some misunderstanding between him (Lokesh and his wife). Four days ago, a legal notice for divorce came from the wife’s side. he was sad. I last saw him (Lokesh) on Friday; He said he needed some money and I gave it to him. He told us that he would start working as an editor.
- According to some media sources, Lokesh is known to have appeared in more than the Tamil film industry. 150 television serials and 15 movies with top Tamil actors including Vijayakanth and Prabhu.
- Lokesh’s father revealed in a media interview that Lokesh’s directorial debut was an anthology, consisting of six series directed by six different filmmakers. Apart from writing and directing the popular Tamil anthology 6 Athiyayam, Lokesh also edited it.
- According to police reports, on October 4, 2022, Lokesh’s family problems pushed him towards alcoholism. He was often seen sleeping at the Chennai Mufassil Bus Terminus (CMBT). Police said,
On Monday, passersby at the bus terminal noticed that he was restless. Some of them dialed 108 for an ambulance and also informed the police. Lokesh was taken to the Government Kilpauk Medical College and Hospital. He died there on Tuesday night. A case has been registered under section 174 of CrPC.”