Madhabi Puri is an Indian banker, best known for being the first woman to be appointed as the chairperson of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) in 2022.
Madhabi Puri Buch was born on Tuesday, 12 January 1965.age 56 years; by 2021) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He attended Fort Convent, Mumbai from 1971 to 1976 and Convent of Jesus and Mary, Delhi from 1976 to 1983. He did his bachelor’s degree at St. Stephen’s College, Delhi from 1983 to 1986. Later, he earned a master’s degree in Business Administration. Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad from 1986 to 1988.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Colour: Black
parents and siblings
Madhabi’s father works in the corporate sector, and her mother works in academics. She has a sister.
husband and children
Madhabi married Dhaval Buch in 1986. He is the director of Hindustan Unilever Limited. He has a son.
Madhabi started her career as a Project Finance Analyst in ICICI Bank in 1989 and worked there till 1992. In 1993, he left ICICI Bank and worked as a lecturer at West Cheshire College, United Kingdom from 1993 to 1995. She joined ICICI Bank in 2006 and served as Executive Director there. He held various positions including Head of Marketing and Sales, Head of Product Development, Head of Operations and Head of Brand Marketing while working at ICICI Bank. In 2016, it acquired Singapore-based Agora Advisory Pvt. Ltd. Later, in 2016, he served as Head of Business Development at Greater Pacific Capital in Singapore, and also served as a consultant for the New Development Bank in Shanghai. Madhabi worked as a whole-time member of SEBI from 2017 to 4 October 2021 before becoming the Chairman of SEBI. He also worked as Non-Executive Director at Zensar Technologies, InnoVen Capital India Pvt. Ltd, Idea Cellular Ltd, Max Healthcare and Gabelhorn Investments Pte. Ltd.
In 2008, Madhabi was listed among the Top 25 Most Powerful Women in Business by Business Today.
Facts / Trivia
- Madhabi’s term for the post of chairman of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is three years from 2022.
- She worked in the financial sector for almost thirty years.
- Madhabi was the first person to be appointed as the chairman of SEBI, even when she had not served an IAS position.
- In an interview, she described herself and said that when she was in class XII, she used to wear big glasses, and she was a bookworm.
- After completing her schooling, Madhabi applied to take admission in St. Stephen’s College, Delhi for an economics course, but she could not appear for the entrance interview due to jaundice. Later, she enrolled for the math interview in the same college in which she appeared with one side drip.
- He took inspiration from Walt Disney and Kiran Bedik,
- In an interview, she talked about the things to be followed to be successful and said,
I have a very simple formula and I think the formula works really well everywhere: all you have to do is distribute. The organization you work for has a purpose and you need to understand what that purpose is and what your organization expects from you. And then all you have to do is go there and deliver. This is an infallible formula. You do one thing and the people who matter will notice it and praise you for it. And the next opportunity just arises. People are willing to take chances with you; They are ready to entrust you with important tasks.”