Hometown: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Age: 53 Years
Wife: Sapna Thakur
Some lesser known facts about Mahesh Thakur
- Mahesh Thakur is an Indian actor, producer, writer and entrepreneur, who predominantly appears in Hindi television shows and Bollywood films. He is best known for playing the role of Sooraj Malhotra in the Hindi television show Sharat on StarPlus (2003) and for playing the role of Anand Pandey in the Bollywood film Hum Saath-Saath Hain (1999).
- Right from his college days, Mahesh participated in various college plays and drama competitions. Some of his theatrical productions include the story of Tota Maina, which was staged in Dubai, Dil Chahta Hai, and Made for Each Other.
- While completing his post-graduation in Panama, Mahesh developed an interest in acting. To try acting, he moved to India in the early 1990s. In an interview, Mahesh talked about his interest in acting and said,
I am here for the love of acting. I was brought up in Panama, Central America and came to India for acting and after a few unsuccessful films, I started working with theater and started acting in TV series.
- In 1995, Mahesh gained popularity in the television industry when he appeared as Avinash in the show Sailaab on Zee TV.
- In 1999, Mahesh rose to fame when he appeared in the Bollywood film Hum Saath-Saath Hain, in which he played the role of Anand Pandey.
- Mahesh appeared in some television shows such as Sooraj Malhotra as Sharat in StarPlus (2003), Sasural Genda Phool as Kamal Kishore Bajpayee (2010) on StarPlus, and Udaan as Colonel Yashwant Bedi on Colors TV (2018) lamps.
- In 2004, Mahesh got a chance to share screen space with a Bollywood actress, Sridevi, in the show Malini Iyer in which he played the role of Pankaj Sabharwal. In an interview, Mahesh when asked about his experience working with Sridevi in the show Malini Iyer said,
She used to devote all her time to her work and rehearsals. She would never say until I was satisfied with my rehearsals, let’s start shooting. With him, it was all about teamwork. She was very beautiful in everything she did. There was no ego in him. It was a wonderful experience working with him.”
- Mahesh appeared in a few Bollywood films such as Humko Deewana Kar Gaye as Robbie Kohli (2006), Aashiqui 2 as Sehgal (2013), Jai Ho Rehaan (2014) and Vale Ravikant Agarwal (2021).
- In 2017, Mahesh appeared in the television show Dil Bole Oberoi, in which he played the role of Tej Singh Oberoi, on StarPlus. For the first time in his career, Mahesh played the role of an antagonist in the show Dil Bole Oberoi.
- In November 2018, Mahesh was invited as a guest speaker by Brian Cantor, Vice Chancellor of Bradford University, at the Oberoi Hotel in Mumbai.
- On 11 December 2019, Mahesh joined his company, Creative Flight Films Pvt Ltd, as a Director.
- In 2021, Mahesh appeared in the television show Mere Sai: Shraddha Aur Saburi, portraying the character of Govind Dabholkar, who wrote the book “Sri Sai Sachcharitra”, on Sony TV. In an interview, Mahesh spoke about his experience portraying the character of Govind Dabholkar and said,
It is an honor for me to be a part of such a wonderful show. I will play the role of Govind Dabholkar, who is known for writing verses about Sai Baba. My character, Govind Dabholkar, comes from a poor background but manages to achieve success on his own and works as a clerk, for which he is respected in the society. ,
- 10. To In June 2021, Abhinav Immigration Services announced Mahesh as the brand ambassador and partner for the Institute’s Self-Employed Immigration Program.
- In an interview, when Mahesh was asked about the happiest moment of his career, he revealed that starring in the Rajshri film, Hum Saath-Saath Hain was a dream come true for him.
- Mahesh was invited to a TEDx conference event at Goswami Ganesh Datta Sanatan Dharma College (2020) in Chandigarh and Daulat Ram College (2022) in New Delhi.
- Mahesh Thakur has appeared in few commercials for popular brands like Lays Specialty Ranbir KapoorMuthoot Finance Specialties Amitabh BachchanWix, Kingfisher, Ensure, ICICI Bank, Manyavar and Kayam Churan.