Mahira Khan (Mahira Hafeez Khan) is a Pakistani actress who predominantly works in Lollywood films and television shows. Mahira Khan is best known for playing the lead role of Khirad Ashar Hussain in Pakistani drama ‘Humsafar’ opposite Fawad Khan.
Mahira Khan was born on Friday, 21 December 1984.age 37 years; by 2021) in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. Their zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Mahira completed her schooling from Foundation Public School, Karachi.
At the age of 17, Mahira moved to California and joined Santa Monica College to complete her higher education. Later, to pursue his bachelor’s degree, he got admission in the University of Southern California, Los Angeles. To meet her expenses in the United States, Mahira did many odd jobs and did two jobs at once. In an interview she revealed,
“I had to do everything there: sweep the floors, clean the toilets, run the shop at night, and close the shop. Although my father was paying my college fees, I used to earn pocket money through these strange jobs and it was not a big deal. ,
Mahira could not complete her graduation as she got an offer to host a show on MTV. In 2008, she returned to Pakistan.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7
Weight (approx): 56 kg
Hair Color: brown
Eye Colour: brown
Body Measurements (Approximately): 34-26-34
Mahira Khan belongs to a Muslim family.
parents and siblings
Mahira’s father’s name is Hafeez Khan.
He was born in Delhi but later moved to Pakistan after the partition of India.
He has a younger brother, Hasan Khan, who is a journalist by profession.
His maternal grandmother’s name is Razia Khanum.
husband and children
On 13 July 2007, Mahira married Ali Askari in a traditional Islamic wedding ceremony.
They met in Los Angeles in 2006 and it was a kind of love at first sight. After 8 years of marriage, both of them separated in 2015. The couple has a son named Azlan, who was born in 2014.
relationships / affairs
These days Mahira Khan is dating Salim Karim who is an entrepreneur by profession. He is the CEO of a Pakistani startup Simpaisa. It is reported that both have secretly engaged in Turkey.
There were rumors of a link-up between Mahira Khan and Ranbir Kapoor. They met at the Global Teacher Prize ceremony in Dubai where they bonded really well. rumors of Ranbir Kapoor Dating with Mahira Khan became stronger when a photo went viral where the two were seen smoking in New York City. Mahira was heavily criticized for wearing a backless dress and smoking in public.
Mahira later denied any relationship with Ranbir Kapoor. In an interview when she was asked about her relationship with Ranbir, she denied it and said,
“Actually no. No, I was, I was. Now, I realize that love is peace. Love is when you’re with someone and that’s okay and you don’t need to talk. Their presence is important is”.
In 2006, Mahira Khan started her career as a Video Jockey (VJ) with Pakistani show MTV’s Most Wanted.
She also appeared as a host on TV shows like Lux Style Awards, Weekends with Mahira and TUC: The Lighter Side of Life. In an interview, she said,
When I became a VJ, I realized how much I enjoyed interacting with people, sharing their experiences and playing the music they wanted. “Being a VJ was a whole new experience and it was all about finding out”.
In 2011, Mahira Khan made her film debut with the film Bol, where she played the role of Ayesha Khan. Atif Aslam, In 2015, she starred in her next film, Bin Roe, where she played the role of Saba Shafiq. Mahira received four ‘Best Actress Awards’ at various award ceremonies for her role in the film. In 2015, he played a supporting role of Madaran in the film Manto. In 2016, he played the lead role of Manizheh in the film Ho Man Jahan. In 2017, Mahira made her Bollywood debut with the crime thriller film Raees starring Shah Rukh Khan.
She also appeared in a social drama film, Varna, where she played the role of Sara, a rape victim. In 2019, Mahira played the lead role of Noor in the film, Superstar.
Mahira Khan made her acting debut in 2011 in the show Niyat, where she played the role of Alia. Thereafter, she appeared opposite Fawad Khan in the romantic drama Humsafar, which was aired on Zee Zindagi in India.
The show was an unbelievable success and Mahira Khan’s performance was appreciated by the audience. In 2013, she played the role of Falak in the show Shehr-E-Zaat. In 2014, Mahira acted in the drama serial Sadake Tumhare in which she played the role of Shano. In 2021, she appeared in a drama series, Hum Kahan Ke Sachche Thee, where she played the role of Mehreen Mansoor.
Mahira Khan acted in commercial commercials of various brands like Samsung, Oppo, Slice, Coca Cola, Lux, Veet, L’Oreal Paris, Aquafina TCL, Lays, Nescafe and many more.
picture of halloween party with shivsena worker
In 2015, Mahira Khan posed for a picture with a man dressed as a Shiv Sena worker, at a Halloween party. In the photo, a man dressed as a Shiv Sena worker is seen holding a poster, which reads, ‘Mahira ko bahar niklo’. Mahira later posted a tweet and apologized for it.
Pakistani actors banned
After the Uri attack in 2016, the Indian Motion Picture Producers Association (IMPPA) and The Film Producers Guild of India decided to ban all Pakistani actors, actresses and technicians from working in Bollywood. Hence, Mahira was not allowed to promote her film Raees in India. Even her co-actor Shah Rukh Khan made a statement that she would not be allowed to promote the film in India.
- 2013: Satellite Best TV Actress for Humsafar at the 12th Lux Style Awards.
- 2013: Best Actress (Drama) for Shehr-e-Zaat at Pakistan Media Awards.
- 2013: Best Actress (Drama) for Shehr-E-Zaat and Best Onscreen Duet (Drama) with Fawad Khan for Humsafar at the Hum Awards.
- 2014: Best Actress (Drama) for Shehr-e-Zaat at Pakistani Media Awards.
- 2015: Best Actress Popular and Best Onscreen Jodi (Drama) for Sadake Tumhare at Hum Awards.
- 2016: Best Actress (Film) for Bin Roe and Best TV Actress for Sadake Tumhare at the 12th Lux Style Awards.
- 2016: Best Actress Popular (Drama) for Bin Cry at Hum Awards.
- 2016: Vogue Face to Watch Out for Award at Vogue Beauty Awards in India.
- 2017: Best Actress (Film) for Ho Man Jahan at Lux Style Awards.
- 2018: Best Actress (Film) for Varna at the Lux Style Awards.
- 2018: Contributing Film and Activism Awards at the 20th Annual UK Asian Film Festival, London.
- 2019: Awarded a trophy for recognition in the film industry at the Distinctive International Arab Festival Awards (DIAFA)
- Meal: French fries and a glass of soda.
- actor: Hrithik Roshan, Guru Dutt, Shahrukh Khan and Johnny Deppo
- Vacation Destination: Netherlands
Facts / Trivia
- Mahira is affectionately called by her friends and family by the names Mazdoor Khan, Mahiru and Gangu.
- She has been appointed as the brand ambassador of the British Asian Trust to support their work in South Asia.
- Mahira has a tremendous fan following on social media. with him 9.1M Followers on Instagram, 2.9M followers on Twitter and 5.4M followers on Facebook.
- I love to write in my spare time. Mahira keeps a journal in which she describes her thoughts for her son Azlaan.
- The most valuable letter that Mahira has is the letter that her grandfather wrote to her.
- In 2019, Mahira Khan was appointed the National Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Refugee Agency.
- Mahira is the highest paid actress in Pakistan.
- Mahira has been featured in many magazine covers like Vogue Beauty, Hello, Gracia.
- In 2015, Mahira was ranked 10th in the British newspaper Eastern Eye’s ‘Sexiest Asian Woman’ poll.
- She is also recognized as the sexiest Pakistani woman of 2015.
- In 2012, Mahira was called the most beautiful woman of Pakistan.
- Mahira Khan is the first Pakistani actress to debut at Cannes in 2018.