Mandana Karimi is an Iranian model and actress who has appeared in Bollywood films and reality shows.
Mandana Karimi, real name, Manijhe Karimi, was born on Thursday, 19 May 1988.age 33 years; by 2022) in Tehran, Iran. His zodiac sign is Taurus. Mandana grew up in Tehran.
Height (approx.): 5’7
Weight (approx): 50 kg
Hair Color: dark brown
Eye Colour: brown
Body Measurements (Approx.): 32-26-32
Mandana belongs to a conservative Muslim family.
parents and siblings
Mandana’s father is an Indo-Iranian and her mother is a Perso-Iranian.
Mandana has an elder brother and a younger brother.
In July 2016, Mandana Karimi got engaged to her boyfriend, a Mumbai-based businessman, Gaurav Gupta. Gaurav and Mandana dated for about two years, after which they got married. On 26 January 2017 they had a court marriage and on 5 March they got married according to Hindu customs.
After six months of marriage, Mandana filed a case of domestic violence against her husband Gaurav Gupta. Mandana revealed that her mother-in-law physically abused and humiliated her. Mandana said in an interview that
Yes, she was but I thought things would get better with time. I changed my religion. I converted to Hinduism and we got married according to Hindu rituals. He allowed us to get married only because his son wanted to marry me. And now that he realized that his son is planning to move out of the house and separate the business, he said proudly that either you have chosen Mandana or her. My husband Gaurav, who doesn’t have the backbone to choose from, decided to stay with his mother. I always made fun of evil mother-in-law from Balaji’s daily soap, but never thought this would happen to me. She used to abuse and abuse me. In fact, I was the one who proudly told Gaurav that we would stay with the family. I will work on it. I really tried, but they were always bad for me and they never accepted me as part of the family. She used to taunt me ‘this does not happen in India, if you are from Iran then what do you know about India’s culture’
Later, Mandana withdrew the case and separated from her husband Gaurav.
relationships / affairs
In 2011, Mandana Karimi dated Delhi based model Lalit Tehlan.
as a sample
After completing her schooling, Mandana moved to Dubai to join the Air Hostess Training Academy. Later, Mandana moved into the modeling industry. Mandana signed a five-year modeling contract with one of the modeling agencies in Hong Kong. In 2010, Mandana came to Mumbai on a modeling contract for three months. In 2013, Mandana decided to move back to Mumbai and pursue a career in acting. Mandana appeared in TV commercials with various celebrities like Shahrukh Khan, Saif Ali KhanAnd Kareena Kapoor, He was featured in various magazines.
Mandana also worked with Indian designers like Anna Singh, Satya Paul, JJ Valaya and Sandeep Khosla.
as an actress
In 2015, Mandana made her debut in the Bollywood film, Roy, in which she made a guest appearance. In the same year, she appeared as a lead actress in the film Bhaag Johnny, directed by Mandana. Vikram Bhatt,
In 2015, she starred in the film Main Aur Charles opposite actor Randeep Hooda.
In 2016, Mandana appeared in the Hindi comedy film, Kya Kool Hai Hum 3, which released on 22 January.
Apart from Bollywood, Mandana also acted in a Chinese film named Xuangang, in which she played the role of a princess in 2016.
In 2020, Mandana acted in a Hindi award winning short film, Offline.
in web series
In 2018, Mandana appeared in a Hindi web series, Ishqbaaaz on Star Plus. In 2020, Mandana acted in The Casino, a Hindi thriller web series directed by Hardik Gajjar and Tushar Bhatia.
in music album
In 2020, Mandana appeared in Punjabi song, Valhalla with Indian singer gary sandhu,
in reality show
In 2015, Mandana appeared as a contestant in the reality show, Bigg Boss 9, where she was the second runner-up.
In 2022, Mandana came into more limelight after appearing in the reality show, Lock Up, which was hosted by the actress. Kangana Ranaut,
as an entrepreneur
In 2019, Mandana Karimi started her own restaurant named Mandana Kitchen, a delivery house for authentic Iranian food.
- food: Banana, Dark Chocolate and Salmon Fish
- Iranian Actress: Golshifteh Farahani
- movie(s): Devdas, Queen, Tanu Weds Manu, Piku, Badlapur, NH10, and PK
Facts / Trivia
- In an interview, Mandana said that as a child, she was a shy girl who spent most of her time in her room playing with papers, cameras and colours.
- When Mandana was 20 years old, she got a photoshoot done for her friend’s university project. Her pictures were liked and appreciated by all and from there she became interested in modeling.
- In an interview with Zoom, Mandana Karimi spoke about the harassment she faced by filmmaker Umesh Ghadge during the shooting of the film Kya Kool Hai Hum. he said that
Umesh Ghadge started troubling me by stepping into the song, putting other people in the song and saying it was a last minute decision. Calling me early on the sets, asking me to wear clothes I shouldn’t wear, keeping me waiting.
- Mandana said in an interview that the film Sholay was the first Bollywood film she saw at the age of eight.
- According to Mandana, at the beginning of her modeling career, she got many offers from India, although she turned them down.
- In an interview, Mandana revealed that she looks very different from her two brothers.
- Mandana can speak Persian, English and Hindi.
- In 2011, fake news about Mandana Karimi’s marriage went viral with a marriage certificate stating that Mandana was married to model Lalit on 18 February 2011, however, Mandana denied the news and it was Also said that the marriage certificate was fake.
- In 2021, Mandana Karimi shared on her Instagram page that she went through unbearable pain for three days in a row and finally had her appendix removed through surgery.
- According to Mandana, she grew up watching Iranian films.
- Mandana is very active on social platforms like Instagram and Twitter.
- Mandana Karimi is a fitness enthusiast. She is often seen posting her fitness videos on Instagram.
- In her spare time, Mandana enjoys doing kick boxing.
- After separating from her husband Gaurav Gupta, Mandana joined an NGO to help underprivileged children.