Age: 23 Years
Hometown: Pune, Maharashtra
Some lesser known facts about MC Stan
- At the age of 12, he became a qawwali artist.
- Before getting into rap, he started b-boying and beatboxing.
- He chose MC Stan as his stage name because he is a fan of famous American rapper Eminem and Eminem’s fan name is Stan.
- MC Stan wrote his first rap song when he was in 8th grade in school.
- His elder brother introduced him to rapping. MC Stan listened to songs from rappers like 50 Cent, Eminem, and others. He even took an English class to understand the lyrics of the songs.
- In an interview, he admitted that he often smokes weed.
- He wants to become an international music artist and make Hindi a global language through his rap. In an interview he said,
Hindi is my style and I want to take Hindi to a world wide platform as it is my mother tongue. I wanted to spread this language until it was included in the school curriculum in western countries, which prompted me to start my own record label called Hindi Records. ,
- He wants to work with American rapper Lil Baby.
- Some of his popular songs are Khoja Mat (2019), Snake (2021), Ek Din Pyaar (2021), Broke is a Joke (2021), Basti Ka Hasti (2022), and many more.
- He has collaborated with many music artists including Straight Death, Raftaar and others.
- In 2022, he released his second album ‘Insaan’.
- In 2022, he appeared as a contestant in the reality TV show Bigg Boss Season 16.
- In the premiere night of Bigg Boss season 16, she wore jewelery worth Rs 70 lakh.
- In an interview, when he was asked the reason for becoming a contestant of Bigg Boss, he replied,
For me, it is a big deal for someone like me who enters Bibi’s house from a basti (slum) in Pune. I want to clear some controversies and experience this new world. People usually have a lot of misconceptions about me because of the way I talk. I speak a lot of truth and hence, they have an issue. Recently, there was a controversy regarding my song related to a girl, so I hope and want to clarify all this. I want people to see me in a different light, they judge me on the basis of my songs. I hope to change that after Bigg Boss 16.”
- He often attracts controversy for the offensive lyrics in his rap songs. In an interview he said,
I am trying to practice meditation and other mediums to control my anger and abuse. It’s a way of expression for me, because if I don’t express that way, things can turn violent. I’m going inside to detox.”