Mohammad Nazim is an Indian model and actor. He is best known for playing the role of Ahem Parag Modi in Star Plus’ popular television show Saath Nibhana Saathiya (2010).
Mohammad Nazim Khilji was born on Wednesday, 1 January 1984.age 38 years; by 2022) in Malerkotla, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
Reportedly, he also attended Panjab University, Chandigarh; However, he left midway. He was fond of acting since childhood.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: dark brown
Body Measurements (Approximately): Chest 42″, Waist 31″, Biceps 15″
He belongs to a Muslim family.
parents and siblings
Mohammad Nazim’s father was a wrestler. Mohammad Nazim’s mother’s name is Suraiya. Nazim’s mother passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest on 31 October 2019.
In an interview, he talked about his mother and said,
Even after almost three years, I still feel the pain of losing him. He died of a heart attack in 2019. I was with him the day before because he was not feeling well. But since I had work commitments, I had to return to the sets. The next day I got a call that he had passed away, so I left for the airport, but there was no flight to Chandigarh for several hours. I remember I was in a state of shock and had to stay at the airport for a long time until I got the flight. I kept crying after seeing mothers with children at the airport. After that I lived in my hometown of Malerkota in Punjab for a month. That’s when my sister told me to go back to Mumbai and get back to work. It hasn’t been easy, but I’m trying.”
He has one brother and four sisters. His elder sister’s name is Nagina.
Mohammed Nazim’s girlfriend Shaina Seth is a tarot card reader.
Mohammad Nazim believes in Islam.
Mohammad Nazim made his debut with the Star Plus television show Shaurya Aur Suhani (2009). In 2010, he appeared in the Hindi television show Saath Nibhana Saathiya (2010), in which he played the lead role of Ahem Parag Modi.
In an interview, he talked about his role in the television show and said,
When I signed Saath Nibhana Saathiya, I never thought it would do so well. Anyway the show was slotted for 7 PM! I am enjoying being important, actually the character is not bad at all but the circumstances are such that he loses his cool. I love when I hear from the audience that they like me in the show. Recently, Devoleena Bhattacharjee replaced Jiya Manek for the role of Gopi. I felt very bad when I came to know that Jiya is out of the show but this industry is such that one has to move on. Devoleena is a very dedicated and humble person and I love working with her.”
Mohammad Nazim has appeared in many television shows like Laal Ishq (2018), Udaan (2018), Roop-Mard Ka Naya Swaroop (2019), Saath Nibhana Saathiya 2 (2020), and Tera Mera Saath Rahe (2021).
In 2012, he made his film debut with the television film Star Dandiya Dhoom Machi Dhoom (2012), in which he played the character of Aham. In 2016, he appeared in the television film Plot No. 666, in which he played the character of Mack.
- 2021: International Prestigious Award for International Distinguished Actor of Indian Television – Tera Mera Saath Rahe (2021)
- 2015: Zee Gold Awards for Most Fit Actor – Saath Nibhana Saathiya (2010)
- 2015: BIG Entertainment Award for Most Entertaining Television Actor (Male) – Saath Nibhana Saathiya (2010)
Facts / Trivia
- He is the cousin of Indian actor Anas Rashid.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Before venturing into acting, Mohammad Nazim worked as a personal trainer at Bodyscapes Gymnasium, Chandigarh.
- In an interview, he talked about his early career and said,
I was fond of acting since childhood and once I got a chance to do a show for Channel V for two days where I earned 1000 rupees per day. And as far as education is concerned, I had completed 12th and started my graduation but I left it midway. I also modeled for various print ads and from there, I was offered a negative role in Star Plus’s Shaurya Aur Suhani. I went to Mumbai and after this show I struggled for a year and did shows like CID and Aahat. But during all this, I was waiting for an important role and only then was Saath Nibhana Saathiya Hua.”
- He started his entertainment career with an advertisement shoot for a magazine.
- In an interview, Mohammad Nazim talked about the television reality show Bigg Boss and said,
Yes, I have been offered the show in the past as well. I was offered Bigg Boss for the first time soon after the end of Saath Nibhana Saathiya, but I couldn’t do it that year as my sister’s wedding was going to happen around the same time. I was offered the show again the next year, but I couldn’t. Then I was offered the show in 2019, I was doing Bahu Begum show and I could not do the show that year also but I am happy that it did not happen that year because I lost my mother that year. And if I was in the Bigg Boss house, it would have always affected me that I would not have to spend the last days with my mother.
- In 2020, Mohammad Nazim became a victim of credit card fraud and suffered a loss of Rs 25,000. He talked about this in an interview and said,
At first a transaction message came on my phone, to which I did not pay much attention. After a day, I got two consecutive messages from the bank about online shopping even though I hadn’t. This created doubts and I blocked my credit card. Bankers have assured me that I will get my money back.
- He is a gym junkie and often shares pictures of his workouts on Instagram.
- His hobbies include travelling, cooking, dancing, reading and singing.
- In 2014, he appeared in the sport-reality entertainment show Box Cricket League.
- Mohammad Nazim is a big follower of the actor Salman Khan, In an interview, he talked about Salman Khan and said,
Salman has always been my inspiration and an inspiration to many when it comes to his career and fitness. Dabangg is a perfect blend of action, comedy and romance. I would like to do a show like this on TV.”