Moloya Goswami is an Indian actress and a professor, known for her work in Assamese films. She has been working in Assamese films since 1985 and has played many leading roles. He has gained massive popularity for his commendable work in films like Agnisan (1985), Maa (1986), Sarbajan (1985), Uttarkaal (1990), and Calendar (2017). Let’s learn more about him.
Moloya Goswami was born on Tuesday, 9 February 1954 (age 68 years; as in 2022) in Dibrugarh, Assam, and raised in Nagaon. Moloya’s father had a very transferable job, so he moved from city to city, but Moloya and his sister had to stay in Nagaon because of their studies. She completed her schooling from Nagaon Basic School and graduated from Handique Girls College and did her post graduation from Gauhati University. During her undergraduate years, Moloya was a very active student. In an interview, she said,
Although I was a mediocre student, I loved my teachers. Recently, I had gone to Nagaon to attend a meeting there, when my teachers saw me there, they hugged me with great affection. Incidents like this prove that teachers are not only in favor of meritorious students, they also love those who are honest and hardworking to uphold their principles.
She was also selected to play in the first women’s hockey team of Assam. She decided to become a teacher after completing her master’s degree and joined Sonari College. In 1983 he started teaching at Jagiroad College.
Moloya started his acting career in the year 1985. Moloya’s wife Pradeep Goswami is said to have encouraged him to pursue a career in Assamese films.
Height (approx.): 5’5
Hair Color: dark brown
Eye Colour: black
She belongs to the famous Rajkhowa family of Sivasagar.
parents and siblings
Moloya Goswami is the daughter of Kailash Rajkhowa and Putli Sarma. Kailash Rajhowa was an engineer for the Assam Electricity State Board and his mother was a homemaker. Moloya’s sister Deepti Bujarbarua is a teacher by profession and is the owner of a school.
husband and children
She married Pradeep Goswami, executive engineer of the Assam State Electricity Board, in 1981. Moloya and Pradeep have two daughters named Nishita Goswami and Nimisha Goswami. Elder daughter Nishita Goswami has also started her career in Assamese cinema.
Moloya was fond of acting since childhood. Recalling an incident from his childhood, he mentioned in an interview.
At the school level, I could show my performance in the first play of my life. It was a play by Aarti Das Boiragi which was presented for the silver jubilee celebrations of the school. In Handique College, during the college week, the girls from the philosophy department decided to do a play and I also expressed a desire to act in it but they were students of philosophy and I was from the education stream and you know what kind Emotions are at play during the college weeks. He told me don’t feel bad if I wasn’t taken in
Pradip Goswami, her husband, was her biggest supporter. She was the one who started her career as an actor after her marriage while other Bollywood actresses had to break their ties with cameras and films after their marriage. Moloya Goswami made his acting debut with the film Agnisnan (1985). Rabindranath Saikia, a novelist and director from Assam, approached Moloya’s husband with a proposal that Moloya should play the role of Maneka. Pradeep quickly agreed to his suggestion, and Moloya eventually agreed to appear in the film as well. Thereafter, Bhabendranath trained him to play the role of
Moloya’s filmography includes Sarbajan (1985), Siraj (1988), Uttarkaal (1990), and Phiringotti (The Spark) (1992). Moloya Goswami was also awarded for his outstanding performance in the film Phiringoti (1992). Apart from films, she has also acted in a few serials like Ritu Ahe Ritu Jai and Jeevanar Baat.
Apart from acting, Moloya Goswami continues to teach at Jagiroad University.
- Moloya Goswami was awarded the prestigious National ‘Silver Kamal’ Award for Best Actress in the year 1992.
- She also won “Joymoti Award” and “Best TV Actress” for the TV serial ‘Ritu Ahe Ritu Jai’.
- game): yoga and meditation
Facts / Trivia
- Moloya is the first Assamese actress to win the National Film Award for Best Actress.
- Apart from acting in films, Moloya’s strong voice attracted All India Radio to cast him in over 40 radio plays produced by Yuva Vani.
- Moloya Goswami likes to do volunteer work. She is the founder and secretary of Arpita, a Delhi-based non-governmental organization that helps mothers and children in need. She is also a member of the Literacy and Development Media Management Group. This Delhi-based NGO promotes human resource development, social progress and environmental concerns. She is a trustee of the children’s trust of the late Bhabhendra Nath Saikia and a board member of Montessori Training Academy. She has also joined the TeachAds team as the voice of a female doctor in the Xomia language version. Describing his work towards the society, he said
This is a great opportunity for me to be a part of this project because as we all know, this is a very sensitive issue and there is a lot of stigma around HIV and AIDS in our society. As a teacher and an artist, I feel that I have an obligation towards the society, especially towards the younger generation. It is my duty to educate them properly, to provide them with the necessary information. I am very honored to be a part of this project,
- Moloya’s father Kailash Rajkhowa was not in support of seeing his daughter enter an acting career. She said that neither she was keen on her acting career nor did she have time for her daughter’s extra-curricular aspirations.