Musa Askan Yamak was a Turkish-born, German boxer who came to the attention of the world after winning the prestigious World Boxing Federation Championship in 2021. Musa Yamak died in 2022 after suffering a heart attack while attending a boxing match in Munich, Germany.
Musa Askan Yamak was born in 1984.age 38 years; at the time of death) in Alucra, Girsan, Turkey. He started learning boxing at a very young age and also started participating in several local level boxing championships.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx): 85 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: light brown
Body Measurements (Approximately): 42-34-15
Musa Yamak belonged to a Turkish family.
parents and siblings
Not much information is available regarding the name or profession of his parents. He has a brother named Imra Yamak. He was the manager of Musa Yamak and is also the co-founder of BoxSport.
Musa Yamak’s marital status remains unknown.
Musa Yamak was a follower of Islam.
Musa Yamak took part in a total of 75 matches during his boxing career. In all the bouts that Musa Yamak took part in, he remained undefeated. Musa started his professional international boxing career in 2017. From 2017 to 2022, Musa appeared in 8 international matches. He holds the record for finishing all his eight matches with total knock outs (KOs) to opponents. In 2019, Musa Yamak fought Brazilian boxer Jackson Jr. in Ankara, Turkey.
In the same year, Musa Yamak faced many famous Turkish boxers such as Ilhami Aydemir and Sukru Altay in Turkey.
In 2020, during his fourth professional international boxing match, Musa Yamak fought against Iranian boxing champion Mahdi Sadafi. Musa won the boxing match.
In 2021, Musa Yamak faced Colombian boxer, Francisco Cordero El Vulcano.
a worthy claimant
Musa Yamak had won many awards in his boxing career. Musa Yamak won the championship of the Global Boxing Union in 2021. The championship was held at their home ground in Turkey. Later in 2021, Musa Yamak defeated Lightweight Asian-European Championship contender Christian Dalz, a German boxer. In 2021 Musa Yamak was declared the winner in the World Boxing Federation (WB Fed) Championships. Musa Yamak also became the International Boxing Champion.
Awards, Honors, Achievements
- In 2019, Musa Yamak became the Light Weight Asian-European Champion.
- In 2019, Musa Yamak became the Global Boxing Union Champion.
- In 2021 Musa Yamak became the World Boxing Federation Champion.
- Musa Yamak also won the title of International Boxing Champion.
On 15 May 2022, Musa Yamak suffered a massive cardiac arrest while participating in a boxing match against a Ugandan boxer named Hamza Wandera. During the second round of a boxing match, Musa Yamak suffered a heavy blow from Hamza, which was cited as one of the main causes of Musa’s heart failure. Moses fell in the third round while he was in the ring. Munich Police said in an interview,
Paramedics witnessed disturbing scenes of emotionally charged fans as well as family members present at the site. To ensure the safety of the paramedics, we sent a lot of patrols. We then set up a security corridor at the site so that paramedics can work safely and conscientiously. ,
Facts / Trivia
- Musa Yamak was also known as “The Bull”, for his fierceness.
- Musa Yamak was the co-owner of BoxSport, a boxing match promotion company.
- Whenever Moses promoted a boxing match through BoxSport, the event was often attended by celebrities. One such event was visited by a famous German minister, Christoph Tesch.
- Musa Yamak has been a part of more than 75 boxing fights during his boxing career. Musa remained undefeated in all his boxing matches.
- Musa often traveled to different parts of the world to participate in his boxing matches.
- Musa Yamak’s performance throughout his career was exceptional, as a result, he was once invited as a guest of honor to the Grand National Assembly of Turkey. In an interview, a Turkish official said,
I wish God’s mercy on the deceased player whom we met at the Grand National Assembly of Turkey when he came to Ankara to take part in a competition, and I also extend my condolences to his grieving and bereaved family and fans. I express my condolences.
- Musa Yamak, because of his performance, became a star in Turkey; Where he often met high-ranking ministers of Turkey.
- In 2019, Musa Yamak was nominated for Turkey’s Distinguished Athlete of the Year award.
- Musa Yamak was known for his generosity. He often visited old age homes in both Turkey and Germany.
- Apart from participating in boxing matches, Musa was also called upon to do commentary for several professional boxing matches.
- Musa Yamak had got many tattoos on his body. He had three tattoos on his upper body. He had a tattoo on his left arm, sleeve on his right hand and a Spanish, La Familia, tattooed on his chest.