Navika Kumar is a famous Indian news anchor and journalist. She works as a group editor for politics at the Times Network and hosts the primetime show “The Newshour” on the Times Now news channel.
Navika Kumar was born on Saturday 11 March 1978.age 44 years; by 2022) in Sindri, Jharkhand. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He did his schooling at Carmel School, Digwadih, Jharkhand. Later, he joined the Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics to pursue his masters in Arts (Political and Economics).
Navika has always been interested in business and economic subjects and since childhood she aspired to work as a research writer on the subject.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
Navika Kumar belongs to a Hindu Family.
parents and siblings
Navika Kumar’s mother’s name is Anju Chander.
He has an elder sister named Surina Kapila.
husband and children
Navika is married to Sunil Marwah, a member of Bharat Soka Gakkai.
The couple has two sons named Siddhant Kumar Marwah and Suchet Kumar Marwah.
Navika started her career as a business writer for the Economic Times newspaper. After working with the Economic Times for some time, she resigned from her position at The Economic Times and joined The Observer.
In 1995, Navika started working for The Indian Express in Chandigarh. However, after six months, she was shifted to Delhi, where her husband was transferred, and she started working for The Indian Express there.
Then, in 2005, he began working as a reporter for the Times network. He was promoted to the position of managing editor after 16 years of working with Times Network. She also hosts the popular primetime show “The Newshour” on the TimesNow news channel.
- On January 18, 2021, Navika Kumar was accused of being involved in the Republic TV TRP scam. According to Republic TV’s parent company ARG Outlier Media Pvt Ltd, he allegedly used the case sheet records of Mumbai Police to defame him. Arnab Goswami and Republic TV. Seeing her name rising in controversies, Navika replied,
It was difficult for me to fill his shoes, and I had to do The Newshour which had been associated with Arnab for 12 years. I wish Arnab had not forgotten the fundamentals of human value systems in his quest for business success. It’s an emotional moment for me, because this person, who has pursued business success and business profit to such an extent, is someone I don’t know at all. I worked with him for 12 years but this is the man I don’t know
- On September 29, 2021, Navika Kumar allegedly used a derogatory term for Congress leader Rahul Gandhi during a live political debate program on Times Now. The incident is of 29 September 2021, when Navika was hosting a live talk show soon after the former cricketer and politician Navjot Singh Sidhu announced his resignation from the Congress party. On Times Now, she was hosting a panel titled “Congress Comedy of Errors”, during which she mentioned Rahul Gandhi “Bloody…” as he had just returned from vacation, which she was referring to. “And the day he returns to the bloody…” he said, soon realizing that he had said something unacceptable on the live air.
Later on the night of Tuesday, 29 September, Navika Kumar took to Twitter to apologize for her abusive behavior. she wrote,
The momentary lapse in the flow of conversation in using an unparliamentary word in the air to describe the political situation in Punjab was in reference to what Mr. Rahul Gandhi thought was addressed before taking a break, but ironically at the time of his return. Remained. The reference was certainly not meant to describe a person as being incorrectly cited. As can be seen in the clip, this was done unintentionally and was immediately withdrawn. Sincerely sorry for the omission.”
- Reportedly, on October 13, 2020, four Bollywood industry associations and thirty four top Bollywood production houses filed a civil suit against Republic TV. Arnab Goswami and Pradeep Bhandari and Rahul Shivshankar and Navika Kumar of Times Now for their unethical reporting. The Producers Guild of India, The Film and TV Producers Council, Screenwriters Association, The Cine and TV Artistes Association, Dharma Productions, Aamir Khan Productions and Clean Slate Filmz are named in the list of accused.
The lawsuit accused Republic TV journalist Arnab Goswami and Times Now’s Rahul Shivshankar and Navika Kumari of using derogatory words and adjectives to refer to film actors and producers, such as “scum,” “dirt,” “drugs,” “Gird,” and others, such as “It’s Bollywood where the mess needs to be cleaned up.”
- As per reports, on June 14, 2022, Navika Kumar has been named in a First Information Report (FIR) filed in Maharashtra’s Parbhani district against the now suspended BJP spokesperson. Nupur Sharma, who allegedly made objectionable remarks about Prophet Mohammed during a news debate organized by Ms. An FIR was lodged at Nanalpeth police station on Monday after a Muslim cleric filed a complaint accusing Ms. Sharma and Ms. Kumar of attempting to incite religious sentiments. Police officials said,
Times Now anchors Navika Kumar and Nupur Sharma have been booked under Indian Penal Code (IPC) section 295-A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs). has been done.
Facts / Trivia
- His coverage of the Common Wealth Games and the IPL scam involving Lalit Modi became famous.
- In 2018, she interviewed Kuldeep Singh Sengar, an accused in the Unnao rape case.
- Navika talked about her political leanings in an interview. He said,
People may call me a BJP supporter because the party openly represents itself on my channel. I am very happy with my Congressional approach and you can ask anyone how many efforts have I made in the last four years since I am handling the calling card policy at TIMES NOW. How many attempts have I put in for him to bury the hat-trick and represent himself. I have offered him a one-on-one conversation, and I have requested him to come to the debate with his views. But if someone doesn’t want to communicate with me, can you blame me for that?”
- In 2021, during an interview with the Tokyo 2020 Olympic gold medalist, Neeraj Chopra, Navika asks Neeraj Chopra about their relationship status. Later his question became the subject of memes on social media.
- Navika is an avid dog lover. He also has a pet dog named Google Kumar.
- after the suicide of Sushant Singh Rajput In 2020, Navika said during a Times Now show that she had WhatsApp chats with various Bollywood actors and drug peddlers. Her statement later garnered trolls and became the subject of memes on social media.