Age: 34 Years
Marital Status: Married
Some lesser known facts about Naimony Saikia
- Naymoni Saikia is an Indian Lawn Bowler athlete. She is ranked 14th in women’s triples and fourth in women’s fours in lawn bowling in India. In 2022, he represented India in the Commonwealth Games held in Birmingham, England and his team created history by reaching the semi-finals of Lawn Bowl matches on 1 August 2022.
Bharat Lawn Bowls
— bridge (@the_bridge_in) 1 August 2022
- In 2001, Nayanmoni Saikia was selected for weightlifting sport through talent hunt and became a part of SAI Golaghat Centre. Ajay Chetia, a weightlifting promoter in Assam, said in a media interaction that Lawn Bowles changed Nayanmoni’s life after representing Assam and India several times after 2007. They said,
Lawn bowls had not been heard of in this state prior to 2007. When NayanMoney saw this game, it changed his life. She took up the sport in the same year and since then she has represented both Assam and India several times.
- In 2011, Nayanmoni Saikia won gold medals at the National Games in individual and team events. In 2012, she won a gold medal in the girls’ under-25 category at the Asian Lawn Bowls Championship.
- In 2014 and 2018, Nayanmoni Saikia represented the country at the Commonwealth Games. In 2014, during the Commonwealth Games held in Glasgow, SCO, she participated in the Women’s Singles and Women’s Triple Lawn Bowls Championships and finished in the third pool in both events.
- Nayanmoni was appointed as a forest officer in Assam when he opted for lawn bowls after his weightlifting career was halted.
- Nayanmoni Saikia was born and brought up in a farmer family in Assam. In 2007, she shifted to lawn bowls and participated in the National Games, which were held in Assam.
- In 2015, Nayanmoni Saikia won a gold medal in the National Lawn Bowling Championship held in Kerala, India.
- In 2020, Nayanmoni Saikia received a cash prize after winning a medal at the South Asian Games.
- According to her husband, Nayanmoni Saikia injured her leg in a weightlifting event. In a media interaction, he said that the incident spoiled his weightlifting performance until he got lawn bowls, which later became his passion. he said,
Nayanmoni was earlier a very dedicated weightlifter, her whole life revolved around the sport. But a leg injury meant his performance continued to deteriorate until he found lawn bowls. After that it became his passion. He has faced many challenges in his life, but he never gave up the game.
- In 2020, Nayanmoni Saikia won the 3rd Khelo India Youth Games held in Guwahati, Assam.
- In 2022, during the Commonwealth Games in England, Nayanmoni Saikia along with her three teammates, Lovely ChoubeyPinky Singh, and Roopa Rani Tirkeycreated history by entering the final match of the event on 1 August 2022. They entered the final after defeating New Zealand in the semi-final match of the Lawn Bowl.
- According to her husband, Nayanmoni Saikia’s mother-in-law was also a national level player, and her family always supports her to participate in lawn bowl competitions.
- Nayanmoni Saikia is very active on Facebook. She often posts her pictures and videos on social media.
- Nayanmoni Saikia is a kind animal lover. He has a pet dog. She often shares pictures of her pet dog on social media.