Hometown: Alipurduar, West Bengal
Height: 5′ 5″
Age: 18 Years
Some lesser known facts about Nilanjana Rai
- Nilanjana Ray is an Indian singer. She became popular after becoming the winner of the singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2022 (Season 30). She has participated in many other singing reality shows including Voice India Kids Season 2.
- Nilanjana was inclined towards music since childhood. She started practicing singing at a very young age.
- In 2017, she appeared as a contestant in Voice of India Kids Season 2, a singing reality competition television series for children. Aired on 11th November 2017 on StarPlus and judges for the contest papon, Shano, Palak Muchhali, and Niti Mohan. All the contestants were divided over tea under the mentorship of each judge. Nilanjana competed as a member of Shaan’s team to win the ‘Voice of India Kids’ title, but ended up as the runner-up for the show. He won a rupee. 10 lakh as the runner-up of the show.
- In 2018, Nilanjana participated in Sony Entertainment Television’s singing reality show Indian Idol Junior Season 10, judged by Javed Ali, Neha Kakkar and Vishal Dadlani and hosted by Maniesh Paul. She was the second runner up of the show and was given a reward of Rs 1 lakh. During her time on the show, singer and Indian Idol Junior judge Vishal Dadlani praised her melodious voice and singing skills, comparing her to legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar.
- Apart from singing, Nilanjana is also interested in composing music and writing songs. He released his first original song ‘Thank You So Much’ on 3 October 2019 which was completely dedicated to his parents for all their love and support.
- Nilanjana Ray auditioned for Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2021, an Indian Hindi-language reality singing television show that aired on Zee TV in 2021. The show is being judged by Vishal Dadlani, Himesh Reshammiya and Shankar Mahadevan and hosted by Aditya Narayan. She managed to impress the judges with her melodious voice and cemented her place in the show and later, became one of the judges’ favorite contestants on the show. His great understanding of music became the unique factor for him.
- The Sa Re Ga Ma Pa winner has lent his voice for the promo song of Sony Entertainment Television’s Hindu mythological drama series ‘Vighnaharta Ganesh’ along with Salman Ali, Nitin Kumar and Ankush.
- During an interaction with the media, she was asked about her experience in the Zee TV show, to which she replied,
Of course, I will miss the extensive training and rehearsal sessions we used to have regularly. But, above all, I will cherish all the precious moments that I spent with my fellow contestants, bonding with them and encouraging them. Everyone on our sets has been like a family member to me, and would love to thank Zee TV for giving me this wonderful opportunity.”
- Nilanjana Ray has performed in various stage shows with many Bollywood stars in India as well as internationally.
- Ray has a huge fan following on social media. He has more than 288k followers on Instagram and 123k followers on Facebook. She actively runs her own YouTube channel named ‘Neelanjana Re’ where she posts original and cover music videos of her singing. He has more than 35k followers on his channel.
- The Sa Re Ga Ma Pa winning singer is also proficient in playing various musical instruments including guitar, piano and harmonium.
- According to Nilanjana Ray, her inspiration for singing is her parents and she also admires Lata Mangeshkar. Talking about this he said,
It is my parents who have supported me unconditionally. He guided me in my career. He used to take trouble and take me to my classes where my teachers used to coach me. Both my parents are music lovers. After them I admire Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar and Mohammad Rafi. He founded music and defined music.”
- Nilanjana Ray, in 2019, received the Duaar Ratna from the DUARS committee of Alipurduar.