Age: 58 Years
Husband: Harminder Singh Kohli
Some lesser known facts about Neelu Kohli
- Neelu got her first offer of acting in a dental clinic when her daughter lost her tooth and Neelu took her to the dentist. He was cast to star in a TV commercial. Later, she made her debut with the Punjabi TV serial ‘Nimmo Te Vimmo’. He started his acting career at the age of 35.
- While in school and college, he acted in theater plays.
- She played the role of Nanda Kukku Chhabra in the Star Plus show ‘Bhabhi’ (2000–2008), which proved to be a success for her. She became a household name and was the only actress on the show to appear in all 1400 episodes of the show.
- He has an episodic role in the TV series ‘Aahat’ (1995) and ‘CID’ (1998).
- Later, she appeared in several TV shows including ‘Mit’ (2002), ‘Khushiyan’ (2003), ‘Yeh Meri Life Hai’ (2004), ‘Pyaar Ki Kashti Mein’ (2004), ‘Jab Love Hua’ (2006). worked in ), even more.
- He has acted in many Bollywood movies, such as ‘Taapish’ (2000), ‘Tere Liye’ (2001), ‘Style’ (2001), ‘Run’ (2004), ‘Khanna Aur Iyer’ (2007), and many more. some. ,
- She loves to practice meditation and yoga.
- She considers Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth Guru of the Sikhs, as the hero of her life.
- For more than 10 years, she ate a cup of coffee and a toast for her breakfast.
- She likes to drink black tea in between while working on the sets of a movie or TV show.
- He has a collection of different types of tea and toothpicks.
- Whenever she visits a foreign country, she buys souvenirs and fridge magnets.
- He has one regret in his life that he is not getting a chance to act in the same frame as an actor. irrfan khan While working in the 2017 film ‘Hindi Medium’.
- Apart from acting in movies, television shows and TV commercials, she enjoys working in TV commercials the most. She has worked for various brands such as Pepsi, Rin, SBI Bank, Cream Bell, and more.
- In 2007, she played the role of Parminder Kaur ‘Pammi’ Singh in the romantic film ‘MP3: Mera Pehla Pehla Pyar’. She played the role of Neelu Kohli in the 2009 film ‘Luck By Chance’ starring Farhan Akhtar. She played the role of Rhea in the 2010 film ‘Hum Tum Aur Bhoot’. In 2011, he acted in two films titled ‘Patiala House’ and ‘Jana Pehchan’.
- He was featured in the 2009 comedy-drama short film ‘Aiyo Paaji!’. She was selected to play the role of Mrs. Kohli in
- He played the role of Rano Mehta in Sahara One’s 2011 TV show ‘Piya Ka Ghar Pyaar Lage’. She appeared as Harjeet Kaur in the 2012 TV serial ‘Madhubala: Ek Ishq Ek Junoon’. She played the role of Mintakshi Surinder Sareen in the 2014 TV series ‘Shastri Sisters’. In 2022, she appeared in Star Plus’ TV show ‘Yeh Jhuki Jhuki Si Nazar’ as Anjali Brijmohan Mathur.
- In 2017, she appeared in a documentary film based on Pragash, an all-female Kashmiri rock band.
- She was seen in the Punjabi film ‘Kitty Party’ in 2019.
- In 2019, she played the role of Mrs Sethi in Amazon Prime Video’s web series ‘Made in Heaven’.
- In 2020, he did a thriller short film titled ‘Work from Home’ directed by Gautam Chaturvedi. In 2021, he did another short film titled ‘House Husband’.
- In 2022, she appeared in a TV mini-series titled ‘Ghar Set Hai’.
- She is popular for playing the role of mother in various films, TV series and short films including ‘Romeo Idiot Desi Juliet’ (2020), ‘House Husband’ (2021), ‘Kya Meri Sonam Gupta Bewafa Hai’ (2021). , ‘Organize’ (2022), and more.
- She was roped in to play actor Diljit Dosanjh’s mother in Netflix’s 2022 film ‘Jogi’.
- In an interview, talking about the film ‘Jogi’, he shared his memories of the 1984 anti-Sikh riots. They said,
I have very vivid memories about 1984 as my family was really affected. I was in Chandigarh at that time but in Ranchi my parents were riot victims and my father lost everything in the riots. After retirement he had some money to start a construction business with his brother and he lost everything. After that he never recovered and later he passed away. I felt that after the riots, he was sad and had taken a lot on his heart. ,
- In an interview, he talked about how it has been successful for actors like him to work on the OOT platform. He said,
I am doing a new exploration myself on OTT. I look forward to and enjoy every moment of this phase of my life. This medium is like a dream come true for me. I am an actor greedy for better and better roles. I also want to reach out to the producers and tell them that I am a very dependable actor and I take my work very seriously.”