Marital Status: Unmarried
Father: Mohammad Jameel Ahmed
Age: 25 Years
Some lesser known facts about Nikhat Zareen
- Nikhat Zareen is an Indian boxer who was the winner of the International Boxing Association (Amateur) Women’s Youth and Junior World Championships held in Antalya in 2011. In 2019, Nikhat Zareen won bronze in the 2nd India Open International Boxing Tournament held in Guwahati. Nikhat Zareen won the gold medal in the 52kg category at the Women’s World Championships held in Turkey in 2022.
- Soon after finishing his eighth grade final exams, Nikhat Zareen started taking boxing training for a year from his father. Once, she asked her father why the Urban Games had female participants in all other sports categories except boxing. He then replied,
Why doesn’t anyone have that much power?”
Soon after hearing his reply, Nikhat Zareen decided to take up boxing. In a conversation with a media house, he said,
Then I decided what to do and I told my father that I wanted to show people that a girl can also box. ,
- Nikhat Zareen’s father worked as a sales assistant in Saudi Arabia for 15 years before he decided to shift to Nizamabad, India, to help his daughters with sports and studies.
- In 2009, his father enrolled him in the Sports Authority of India (Visakhapatnam) and he started boxing training under Dronacharya awardee IV Rao. In 2010, he was declared as the ‘Golden Best Boxer’ at the Erode Nationals.
- His father believes that sports have no religion and that is why he inspired Nikhat to win gold in the Rio Olympics, which he had missed earlier. marie como, she told him,
There are restrictions in the Islamic religion. But, being a sportsperson myself, I believe that there is no religion in sports. I tell Nikhat that Mary Kom missed out on gold at the London Games, but I want you to emulate it in Rio as well.
- Nikhat Zareen won a gold medal at the 2011 AIBA Women’s Junior and Youth World Boxing Championships held in Turkey. He defeated his rival and Turkish boxer Ulku Demir.
- In 2014, she was the winner of silver medal at the Youth World Boxing Championships held in Bulgaria. On 12 January 2014, Nikhat Zareen won the gold medal in the third Nations Cup international boxing tournament in the 51 kg weight category held in Novi Sad, Serbia. She defeated her Russian rival Paltseva Ekaterina.
- In 2015, at the 16th Senior Women’s National Boxing Championship in Assam, she won a gold medal.
- In 2016, Nikhat Zareen won “The New Indian Express DEVI Award”, which was presented to her by Union Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu.
- In 2017, Nikhat Zareen suffered a shoulder injury, and was out of the national camp for a year.
- Zareen has been the brand ambassador of Adidas since 2018. The Welspun Group supports him in his boxing training sessions and, he is a part of the Sports Authority of India’s Lakshya Olympic Podium Scheme.
- In 2019, Nikhar Zareen won the silver medal in the Thailand Open International Boxing Tournament held in Bangkok. In the same year, she participated in the Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament held in Sofia, Bulgaria and won a gold medal.
- In 2019, Nikhat Zareen did MC. had objected to marie comoAutomatic selection for the World Championships.
- In 2020, Nikhat Zareen was awarded an electric scooter by Sports Minister V. Srinivasa Goud and Sports Authority of Telangana State (SATS) and a cash prize of Rs 10,000 for her contribution to Indian athletics.
- Nikhat Zareen’s two elder sisters are doctors and her younger sister is a national badminton player. When Nikhat told her family members that she wanted to join boxing, they were not hesitant to allow her to do so. In a conversation with a media house, Nikhat’s father told that his relatives were opposed to choosing a sport in which a girl had to wear shorts. He said,
But sometimes, relatives or friends tell us that a girl should not play a sport that requires her to wear shorts. But we knew that whatever Nikhat wants, we will support his dream.”
- On 19 June 2021, Nikhat Zareen was appointed as a Staff Officer in the Regional Office of Bank of India at AC Guards, Hyderabad.
- In 2022, she participated in the 73rd Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament in Sofia, Bulgaria and won gold by defeating her opponent from Ukraine’s Tetyana Kob, a three-time European Championships medalist. During the same championship, in the semi-finals, Nikhat Zareen defeated Tokyo Olympic silver medalist Busey Naz akroğlu.
- Nikhat Zareen won the gold medal in the 52kg category at the Women’s World Championships held in Istanbul, Turkey on 19 May 2022. She defeated her rival Jitpong Jutamas of Thailand in the flyweight category. By winning this event, Nikhat Zareen became the fifth Indian female boxer to win a gold medal at the World Championships. Mary Kom, Laishram Sarita Devi, Jenny RL, and Lekh KC are the other four Indian women boxers who are gold medalists at the World Championships.
- Nikhat Zareen is a fitness enthusiast. She often shares pictures of her workout sessions on various social media platforms.
- Nikhat Zareen’s father always accompanies her to her boxing tournaments. He takes care of her food and health. In an interview given to a media house, his father talked about his training. He said,
I watch her diet and most importantly want to see that she is training well. I want to point out his weaknesses after the bouts and discuss with him how to improve. She feels encouraged in my presence. It will be a ‘two-man-show’.”
- Nikhat Zareen is often featured on their covers by many renowned Indian magazines.
- Nikhat Zareen remains quite active on various social media platforms. after that over 69.5k people on instagram. She often shares her pictures and videos on social media. He has more than 22k followers on his Facebook page.
- Nikhat Zareen’s uncle Samsamuddin’s sons Eteshamuddin and Itishamuddin are national level boxers.