Nitesh Tiwari is an Indian film producer and screenwriter who works in the Indian entertainment industry. He forayed into Indian cinema in 2011 as a co-director of the Hindi film Chillar Party. He earned the National Film Award for Best Children’s Film ‘Chillar Party’ in the same year.
Nitesh Tiwari was born on Monday 22 May 1972.age 55 years; by 2020) in Itarsi, Madhya Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He completed his schooling from Friends English Medium School, Itarsi, Madhya Pradesh and Bharat Mata Convent School, Bahlot, Madhya Pradesh. In 1996, Nitesh Tiwari completed his bachelor’s degree in metallurgical and materials science engineering from IIT Bombay.
Hair Color: salt and pepper
Eye Colour: black
parents and siblings
Nitesh Tiwari’s father’s name is Dr BD Tiwari. He has a brother named Luna Tiwari and a sister.
wife and children
nitesh tiwari marriage Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari, a film producer and writer in the Indian entertainment industry. The couple has twin children. A son’s name is Amrisa Tiwari and a daughter’s name is Aaradhya Tiwari.
relationships / affairs
Nitesh Tiwari is in a relationship with Ashwiny Iyer before marriage.
Nitesh Tiwari lives in a unique bungalow in Chembur, East Mumbai.
Soon after finishing his college studies, Nitesh Tiwari started working as a creative director in Leo Burnett.
Later, Nitesh Tiwari left the corporate sector and ventured into Indian cinema in 2014 and directed a supernatural political drama film Bhoothnath Returns. In 2016, he directed and wrote the film Dangal starring Aamir Khan, Soon after the release of the film Dangal, it was screened at the Beijing International Film Festival in April 2017. In June 2017, Dangal was presented at the BRICS festival. During the same year, the film Dangal was considered the highest-grossing Indian film and the fifth-highest-grossing non-English film. In 2019, a comedy film starring Chhichhore Sushant Singh Rajput And Shraddha Kapoor It was directed by Nitesh Tiwari for which he was nominated for several awards and was acclaimed by critics. In 2018, Nitesh Tiwari and his wife Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari co-founded a production house called ‘The Earthsky Pictures’ and began directing and producing television commercials under their banner. Later, Nitesh Tiwari directed a documentary based on the life of famous tennis player Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes, A youth-adult comedy-drama “Just do it Auntie!” It was announced to release in May 2022 by Nitesh Tiwari and his wife. It was also announced that Ishwak Singh and Mahima Makwana would be in the lead roles. The film was based on Varun Agarwal’s bestselling book “How I Brave An Auntie and Co-Founded a Million Dollar Company”.
In 2016, he won the Best Director award for the film Dangal at the 62nd Filmfare Awards in Melbourne, and in 2017, he was awarded the Telstra People’s Choice Award for the film Dangal at the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne.
Facts / Trivia
- In his spare time, Nitesh Tiwari enjoys playing cricket, traveling to distant destinations and watching movies.
- According to Nitesh Tiwari, he worked as a software developer in an IT company soon after completing his studies at IIT Bombay. However, after four months, he quit to work as a copywriter at FCB Ulka, which was only hiring IIT graduates as there were two ex-IITians working as directors. In a conversation with the media, he said,
I wrote and directed plays for our Natya Samaj, as I was always inclined in that direction. Seeing the immediate reaction to my work from the audience encouraged me to express myself creatively. After working four months in a software company, I thought I should listen to my heart and give it a shot before I become too satisfied with the perks and salary. So I quit and started working as a copywriter at FCB Meteor which hired an IIT graduate just because two ex-IITians were directors there and they liked my passion.
- Nitesh Tiwari’s family belongs to a small town ‘Itarsi’ in Madhya Pradesh; However, he was raised in a town called Ganj Basoda.
- During his school days, Nitesh Tiwari gained immense popularity in his school soon after writing and directing a short play called “Tapori-Mughal-e-Azam” in a cultural program organized by his school.
- In a conversation with a media house, Nitesh Tiwari once revealed that when he came to Bombay to pursue his higher education, he never aspired to become a film director.
- Ashwiny Iyer TiwariNitesh Tiwari’s wife worked with him as a creative director with Leo Burnett as his co-worker.
- According to Nitesh Tiwari, the film Dangal directed by him in 2016 proved to be his best directorial venture.
- Nitesh Tiwari is followed by more than 73k people on Instagram where he remains very active. He regularly posts his pictures and videos on various social media platforms. More than 5 thousand people follow his Facebook page.