Noah Nirmal Tom is an Indian athlete and a Junior Warrant Officer (JCO) in the Indian Air Force, who competes in the 400 m and 4 x 400 m relay categories. He represented India in the men’s 4x400m relay team at the 2019 World Championships in Doha amoz jacob, Mohammad Anas, and K Suresh Jeevan. Noah booked his place in the relay team for the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, England.
Noah Nirmal Tom was born on Sunday, November 13, 1994 (age 27 years; by 2021) in Chakkitpara, Kozhikode District, Kerala. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. Noah completed his schooling from Silver Hills Public School, Kozhikode. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from St. Joseph’s College, Devagiri, Kerala.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″ ((Birmingham 2022,
Weight (approx): 67 kg ((Birmingham 2022,
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
Noah Nirmal Tom belongs to a Christian family.
parents and siblings
Noah’s father’s name is Tomichant TJ. His mother’s name is Alicely Tom, a former national handball player and gold medalist.
Noah has three brothers, Aaron Ashish Tom, Joel Jyotish Tom, Abe John Tom, and a sister, Keziah Charis Tom.
Noah and his family are ardent followers of Jesus. In an interview, Noah revealed that he starts his day by spending time reading the Bible and praying.
Noah B3 lives in NGO Quarter Marikunnu PO Calicut 12.
Initially, Noah began his athletic career with the 100m and 200m dashes. In 2010, he enrolled at the Sports Authority of India (SAI) hostel in Kozhikode to train himself in a professional athletic setup. Noah spent four years at the SAI Academy in Kozhikode, and has participated in various sprint tournaments.
Junior Warrant Officer (JWO)
In 2014, based on his performance on the track, Noah Nirmal Tom was offered to serve the Indian Air Force (IAF) as a sergeant.
In March 2022, he was promoted to Junior Warrant Officer (JWO).
track and field athlete
Noah competed in the men’s 400 meters with a timing of 48.99 seconds at the 56th Kerala State Junior Athletics Championships in Kochi on 13 October 2012.
He participated in the men’s relay 4*400 at the Junior South Asian Athletic Championship in Ranchi in 2013.
In April 2018, Noah, along with his team members, amoz jacob, Mohammad Ajmal and Mohammad Anas Yahia reached the final of the men’s 4*400 relay at the Commonwealth Games held in Australia. In July 2019, Noah clocked 46.05 seconds in the men’s 200m event at the Czech Athletic Championship, Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic. In October 2019, Noah participated in the National Open Athletics Championships 2019 in the men’s 400m event, clocking a time of 45.88 seconds. In October 2019, Noah competed in the mixed 4x400m relay with Mohammad Anas, VK Vismaya and Jisna Mathew at the World Athletics Championships in Doha, but finished 7th in the final with a time of 3:03.09.
Noah competed in the men’s 4x400m relay at the Tokyo Olympics 2020 along with his teammates Mohd Anas Yahia, Arokia Rajeev and others. amoz jacob,
Noah completed the second stage with a time of 45.05 s. However, he broke the Asian record of men’s 4*400 relay, but could not qualify for the final.
A new Asian record for @Chelsea FC Pro Noah Nirmal in Tom 4x400m relay race
— Premier League India (@PLforIndia) August 6, 2021
In March 2022, Noah participated in the Indian Grand Prix-2 in Bhubaneswar, clocking a time of 46.19 seconds.
In April 2022, Noah participated in the 4x400m men’s relay at the National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championship 2022 along with Mohammad Anas Yahia, Amoz Jacob and Arokia Rajeev. Noah competed in the 25th AFI National Federation Cup Senior Athletics Championships in April 2022 in the men’s 400 meters with a time of 46.81 seconds. In June 2022, he competed in the men’s 400 meters at the 7th International Sprint and Relay Cup, Ataturk University Stadium, Erzurum with a time of 45.83 seconds. Noah participated in the National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championships in June 2022 at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Chennai in the men’s 400m category with a timing of 46.44 seconds. In June 2022, Noah competed in the Balkan Relay Cup 2022 in two categories, the 4x400m men’s relay and the men’s 400m.
- 2018: National Open Athletics Championships, Bhubaneswar (Men’s 4 x 400m Relay)
- 2018: Service Athletic Championship 2018, Karnataka
- 2019: National Open Athletics Championship, Ranchi (Men’s 400m)
- 2019: 5th International Balkan Relay Cup 2019 in Erzurum, Turkey (Men’s 4x 400m Relay)
- 2022: 7th International Sprint and Relay Cup (Men’s 400m) in Erzurum, Turkey
- 2022: Balkan Relay Cup, Erzurum, Turkey (Men’s 400m)
- 2013: Junior South Asian Athletic Championship, Ranchi
- 2019: Czech Athletic Championship, Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic
- 2022: Balkan Relay Cup, Erzurum, Turkey (Men’s 4 x 400 m relay)
- 2022: National Inter State Senior Athletics Championship at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai
- 2022: 25th AFI National Federation Cup Senior Athletics Championships, Thenipalem, Kerala
- 2012: State record in Under-18 Boys 400m with a time of 48.99 seconds at the 56th Kerala State Junior Athletics Championships in Kochi on 13 October 2012.
- 2020: Asian record of 3 minutes 25 seconds in 4*400 men’s relay at Tokyo Olympics 2020, breaking the previous record of 3:00.56 set by Qatar in Asian Games 2018.
- Play: football and basketball
- Footballer: Didier Drogba
- Citation: In Jesus………. for the country
Facts / Trivia
- Noah’s physical education teacher, José Sebastian, first noticed his talent at school. In an interview Noah talked about his coach and said,
It was my school coach, José Sebastian, who noticed my talent and insisted on pursuing a career in athletics and started teaching me. After that in 2010, I got myself enrolled in Sports Authority of India hostel Kozhikode.
- Noah considers Mohammad Anas, an Indian sprinter, as his inspiration. In an interview, Noah talked about her and said,
I consider Mohammad Anas, who comes in the same discipline as me, as my inspiration. I always take challenges according to him, it seems that if he can do it, so can I.
- During his school days, Noah was interested in sports, and he used to spend most of his time in the playground rather than inside the classroom. In an interview, talking about his interest in sports, Noah said,
During school days, I used to relax in the playground instead of in class. I used to play football and not athletics. In sixth grade, I started my athletics career.”
- While training at SAI (Sports Authority of India), he met coach George P Joseph, who advised him to run in the 400m category. In 2014, he joined the Indian Air Force (IAF) and began his training for 400 meters under the supervision of coach Raj Mohan MK. In an interview, talking about how he started running 400 meters, he said,
Coach George P Joseph changed my course to 400m, which was the biggest turning point of my career. And from there in 2014, I made my way into the Indian Air Force under coach Rajmohan MK and they fired a professional 400m sprinter from me and ran me in 45:96 seconds and I made it to the Indian camp on October 2018.
- Noah usually runs in the final stages during relay events.