Age: 40 Years
Profession: Filmmaker, Producer
Some lesser known facts about Om Raut
- Om Raut is an Indian film producer, writer and producer. In 2020, he was the recipient of Best Popular Film at the 68th National Film Awards for his film Tanhaji. In 2015, he earned several awards and accolades for his film Lokmanya: Ek Yug Purush. In 2022, Om Raut came into limelight when the teaser of his Hindu mythological film Aadipurush, an adaptation of Ramayana, attracted controversy. Indian actor acted in the film Prabhasi In the lead role as Lord Rama.
- Om Raut acted as a child artist in several South Indian theater plays and ad films. In 1993, he appeared in the lead role in the film Karamati Kot. According to some media sources, he was introduced to the world of entertainment and cinema by his mother Neena Raut.
- Soon after completing his formal education, Om Raut started working as a writer and director at MTV Network in New York City. Later, he returned to India and started working as the Creative Head of DAR Motion Pictures. Thereafter, Om Raut served as the Vice President of Creative Business at Valuable Group, which is the promoter of UFO-movies.
- After this, Om Raut started producing Hindi films like City of Gold in 2010 and Haunted – 3D in 2011.
- In 2012, Om Raut co-founded a production company called Nina Raut Entertainment with his mother.
- In 2015, his directorial debut was in Marathi film Lokmanya: Ek Yug Purush. The film was produced under her mother’s production banner Nina Raut Entertainment in which her mother serves as a co-founder. Om Raut was awarded the Best Debut Director award for Lokmanya: Ek Yug Purush, a film based on the life of Indian social reformer and freedom fighter Bal Gangadhar Tilak.
- In 2020, Om Raut’s Hindi directorial debut was Tanhaji, which earned him several National Awards and accolades.
- In October 2022, it was announced that his film ‘Adipurush’ would release on 12 January 2023. the movie starred Prabhasi And Saif Ali Khan In the roles of Rama and Ravana respectively.
- Reportedly, in 2021, Om Raut was pursuing a PhD degree on the business of cinema.
- Om Raut likes to indulge in alcoholic beverages occasionally.
- In October 2022, his mythological play ‘Adipurush’ attracted controversy and faced objections for hurting Hindu religious sentiments by misrepresenting Hindu deities in the film. Several petitions were filed against him in the Delhi High Court demanding changes in the film. Some said that the film depicted Hindu deities “inappropriately” and “wrongly” in its teaser video. Om Raut in a media conference again rubbished all the allegations leveled against him and said that the makers of the film have not changed anything in the film, and it was just a translation from books to celluloid. Om said,
In today’s time, our Ravana is demonic, cruel. The one who has kidnapped our Goddess Sita is cruel. We have shown in today’s time what Ravana looks like. This is not a film or a project but a mission for us. Our film is a symbol of our devotion and for that we need everyone’s blessings.”
I don’t want anyone to misunderstand that we have changed it. This is to translate from books to celluloid. So this is not a film for us. It is a representation of our bhakti, shraddha (devotion and faith) and we stand for it. ,