Wife: Marjoline Albers
Age: 52 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Peter Albers
- Peter Albers is the former chairman and CEO of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, the main carrier airline of the Netherlands. He is a businessman who started his career with KLM and worked there for more than 22 years. In May 2022, he resigned from KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and was appointed as the new CEO of IndiGo, an Indian airline carrier.
- After completing his education, he started his career in KLM in 1992. His first job in the company was as Schiphol Handling Executive, which he continued for three years. For the next six years, he held various executive roles in the company. In 2000, he was promoted to the rank of General Manager Mediterranean at KLM. In 2002, he was promoted to the position of General Manager of Japan and Korea, a position he held until 2005.
- In 2005, he was promoted to the rank of Senior Vice President of Networks and Alliances. His roles and responsibilities included handling the design and development of KLM Airline’s network for all of its routes. Expanding partnerships and joint ventures with existing partners and forging new alliances with potential businesses was also one of his responsibilities.
- He was promoted to the rank of Chief Operating Officer of KLM Airlines in January 2011. In October 2014, he was promoted to the position of CEO and chairman of the major carrier in the Amstelwein office.
In April 2019, at the end of his first term as CEO, there were rumors of him leaving the company. To prevent this from happening, around 25,000 employees (71% of the KLM workforce) signed a petition asking for a second term. This petition was accompanied by a letter in which an employee wrote,
If Peter Albers was forced to step down there would be a very real risk of unrest among employees and unclear and potentially unstable management.’
- Peter finally resigned as chairman and CEO of KLM Airlines in May 2022. Subsequently, he was appointed as the new CEO of IndiGo as former CEO Ronojoy Dutta was nearing retirement. IndiGo announced this and said,
- In May 2022, after working for 22 years and 5 months at KLM, he resigned from his position and was appointed as the CEO of Indogo. IndiGo announced the news and said,
The Board of Directors of the Company, in its meeting held today, 18th May, 2022, has approved the appointment of Mr. Peter Albers as Chief Executive Officer and as Whole-time Director of the Company, subject to necessary regulatory and shareholders . Approval.’
- Peter was appointed as the CEO of IndiGo, days after his close rival Air India was appointed CEO. Air India appointed Cambell Wilson as its new CEO and comparisons were made between the two new picks.