Marital Status: Divorced
Boyfriend: Manek Contractor
Some lesser known facts about Pooja Bedi
- Pooja Bedi is a Bollywood actress, TV host and columnist who became popular for her bold career choices and personal life. She rose to fame in Bollywood for her supporting role in the 1992 film Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar.
- Pooja Bedi was the first child of her parents who got divorced in the 1970s. After this Pooja Bedi was sent to The Lawrence School which was a boarding school in Sanawar.
- She got into a relationship with Aditya Pancholi, which was kept secret by both of them. Aditya was already married at that time and that is why the two never talked about their relationship in public. They used to spend most of the time together at the house of worship. During that time, Pooja’s 15-year-old maid reveals that Aditya had sex with her and promised her that he would help her become an actress in Bollywood. Actress Pooja Bedi broke up with him and after this revelation, his affair was not hidden from anyone. Pooja and Aditya met at a party in 2013 and shared cordial moments after years of bitterness. After this, while talking to the media, Pancholi said,
So much time has passed since the allegations were made. I never said anything, never made any complaint against him. Last week we came face to face at a party. He hugged me, and that was it. Forget all the bitterness…..we both have grown up and hopefully wiser. He has kids, so do I. A lot is similar. We cannot afford to lose old friends at this stage of life.’
- In 1991, Pooja made her Bollywood debut with her film Vishkanya, she played the lead role in this film. However, she became famous for her second film Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar in which she played a supporting role for the lead actor Aamir Khan. For this film, he was nominated for the Filmfare Awards for Best Supporting Role. His third film was Lootere in which he again played a supporting role.
- In 1990, Pooja fell in love with Farhan Furniturewalla and started dating each other. The two dated for three years and got married on 6 May 1994. Pooja converted to Islam after marrying him and took the name Noor Jahan. However, he did not change his name on-screen or off-screen.
- In 1993, she acted in two Bollywood films as a supporting actress and these two films were Chittamma Mogudu and Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayi. In 1995, he was cast for a guest appearance in the film Terror Hi Atank.
- Pooja Bedi had her first child with Farhan on 28 November 1997 and they named him Alaya Ibrahim Furniturewala.
- In 2000, Pooja had her second child with Farhan and named him Umar Furniturewala. Their relationship turned upside down after the birth of their second child. She finally got divorced from Farhan on February 14, 2003, on Valentine’s Day. In 2007, she talked about her children and ex-husband, she said,
My children Alia and Umar are the center of my existence and they know it. I share a wonderful relationship with his father (Farhan Furniturewalla). There is no enmity. It makes my kids emotionally stable. The four of us go together for lunch and even for vacations.
- In 2006, she made her television debut with a dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, in which she appeared as a contestant.
- In 2007, Pooja participated in Nach Baliye 3 as a contestant and her choreographer was Hanif Hilal. The two danced together on the show and eventually fell in love. Their relationship did not last long after their separation in 2008.
- In 2008, she appeared in Bigg Boss Season 2 as a show host. That year, she also participated in Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi as a contestant on the show.
- In 2009, he began dating Dwiti Vikramaditya, a simpleton from Bhubaneswar, Orissa, who worked for the United Nations Development Programme. He was very close to Pooja and had gone to Goa to celebrate his 40th birthday with his kids. They both were planning to get engaged but Dwiti’s family refused to accept Pooja as their daughter-in-law. Due to this Dwiti ended her relationship with Pooja.
- In 2011, she participated in two reality shows. The first was the mother exchange in which he participated with his daughter Aaliya F and the second was the show Bigg Boss Season 5 in which he participated as a contestant. She met Akashdeep Sehgal (Sky) in the show and they both started liking each other.
She was kicked out of the show after 8 weeks but her bond with Skye continued to grow and they started dating each other. Skye got Pooja’s name tattooed on her biceps, which shows the seriousness of their relationship. But their relationship did not stand the test of time and they broke up in 2013. They remained good friends after the breakup and Skye showed off her bicep tattoo on Pooja’s 47th birthday.