Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 28 Years
Hometown: Hisar, Haryana
Some lesser known facts about Pooja Dhanda
- Pooja Dhanda is an Indian freestyle wrestler. In 2018, she won a bronze medal in the 57kg category at the World Championships. He has also been awarded ‘Bharat Kesari’ four times.
- She grew up in the village of Budana in Narnaund, Hisar, Haryana, India.
- In 2004, he started training in Judo and Wrestling at the Mahavir Stadium in Hisar under coach Subhash Chander Soni. In Judo, she has won four gold medals at the Junior Nationals. In 2007, she won a bronze medal at the Asian Cadet Judo Championship.
- In 2008, he participated in the Asian Cadet Judo Championship and won a gold medal.
- During a national camp in Aurangabad, she met Kripa Shankar Patel Bishnoi, who suggested that she focus on either judo or wrestling and not both and told her that her body was more suitable for wrestling than judo. . Pooja accepted his suggestion and decided to take up wrestling. He talked about this in an interview and said,
I wanted to become a wrestler since childhood but due to my age, I joined Judo in 2007 and won medals for the country. But later when I was 16 years old, I was advised to choose a sport and I joined wrestling.
- In 2010, she won a silver medal at the Summer Youth Olympics held in Singapore.
- In 2013, she won a gold medal at the Senior Wrestling Nationals. In the same year, she participated in the World Wrestling Championship; However, she was eliminated after the first round.
- In 2014, she won a bronze medal at the Asian Wrestling Championships.
- In 2015, she was injured during training at the Sports Authority of India Center in Lucknow, after which she could not participate in wrestling competitions for two years. In 2016, she recovered after two surgeries.
- In 2016, he was offered the role of Babita Phogat In Aamir Khanthe movie Dangal; However, he could not get the role due to a knee injury. He talked about this in an interview and said,
Being an actor it was fine (in the Dangal casting trial). But I prefer to write my own story.”
- In 2017, she won a bronze medal in the 58 kg category at the Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Championships.
- In 2018, he won the silver medal in the Commonwealth Games. Prior to Pooja, Alka Tomar (2006), Geeta (2012), and Babita Phogat (2012) had won bronze medals for India at the Commonwealth Games.
- In 2018, she participated in the Pro Wrestling League in which she defeated world and Olympic champion Helen Maroulis. Recalling this match, Pooja said in an interview,
After the final match, Helen told me ‘I am your fan now’. I was over the moon. I have always admired Helen’s wrestling and defeating her twice was a dream come true.”
- Many prominent personalities including the Prime Minister Narendra Modi Often praises Divya for her achievements.