Pooja Gehlot is an Indian freestyle wrestler who competes in the women’s wrestling events of 50kg and 53kg. In 2018, he got the title of Bharat Kesari in a freestyle wrestling competition.
Pooja Gehlot aka Pooja Gehlawat was born on Saturday, 15 March 1997.age 25 years; by 2022) at Narela, New Delhi. She hails from Farmana, Haryana. His zodiac sign is Pisces.
He did his graduation in Physical Education from Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Weight (approx): 55 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
parents and siblings
His father, Vijender Singh, works as a laboratory assistant at Sarvodaya Bal Vidyalaya, Delhi. His mother’s name is Jagwanti Devi. He has two brothers named Ankit Gehlawat and Pushpendra Gehlawat and a sister named Priyanka Gehlawat.
In 2016, Pooja made her wrestling debut in the under 48 kg category at the National Junior Wrestling Championships in Ranchi. Won gold medal in championship. During his practice session, he suffered a major injury and the doctors asked him to take rest for a year. In 2017, she resumed her practice sessions, and in 2018, she participated in a freestyle wrestling event. The competition was organized by the Haryana Sports and Youth Affairs Department on the occasion of martyrdom day of Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev. In the competition, he received the title of Bharat Kesari with a cash prize of Rs 10 lakh.
Pooja participated in various wrestling competitions like Junior Asian Championships and World Wrestling Championships. His coach is his uncle Dharamvir Singh.
- 2016: Gold Medal in Junior National Championship, Ranchi
- 2017: Gold Medal at Junior Asian Championships, Taiwan
- 2019: Silver medal at the World U23 Wrestling Championships, Budapest, Hungary
Facts / Trivia
- Pooja started learning wrestling techniques at the age of 6. His uncle Dharamvir Singh was a wrestler, and she used to accompany him to his matches as a child. There, she would watch the moves of the wrestlers and practiced the moves at home.
- His father did not want him to pursue a career as a wrestler. Then he started playing sports like volleyball in his school. She has played volleyball at the national level.
- He redeveloped his interest in wrestling after watching Indian wrestlers match Geeta Phogat And Babita Phogat At the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
- She considers Indian wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt as her inspiration.
- Pooja eats vegetarian food.
- During an interview, Pooja talked about her strength in wrestling. He said,
Initially, I was reluctant when I knew I had to train with the boys. But I wanted to be a wrestler and my father always encouraged me not to think about such things. Training with Greco-Roman wrestlers helped make the defense rock-solid. ,
- Pooja endorses Guardian GNC which is a health supplement brand.