Prachi Desai is an Indian actress who works in Bollywood films and television. In 2006, Prachi made her acting debut as Bani Walia. Ekta KapoorKasam Se, the daily soap with Ram Kapoor. In 2008, she made her Bollywood debut Farhan Akhtar In the superhit film Rock On directed by Abhishek Kapoor. She is the brand ambassador and face of Goa Tourism and Neutrogena products in India.
Prachi Desai was born on Monday, 12 September 1988.age 33 years; by 2021) Surat, Gujarat. Currently, she lives in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. Prachi studied at St. Joseph’s Convent School till class IX. Prachi actively participated in various dance and acting competitions during her school days. For her higher education she went to Sinhagad College in Kondhwa, Pune. Along with college, she attended small modeling workshops in Pune.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx): 53 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: dark brown
Body Measurements (Approx.): 34-26-33
Prachi Desai belongs to a Gujarati family.
parents and siblings
His father’s name is Niranjan Desai. He is a professor by profession. His mother’s name is Amita Desai. He has a sister Isha Desai.
husband and children
Prachi Desai is not married yet.
relationships / affairs
Reportedly, Prachi Desai and Rohit Shetty dated each other after meeting on the sets of their film Bol Bachchan. It is rumored that Rohit had a dispute with his wife Maya Shetty and then secretly started dating Prachi. However, Rohit’s wife refuses to divorce him and with time Prachi walks out of the relationship.
In 2008, Prachi Desai started her career with the blockbuster film Rock On.
In 2009, her next film was released with life partner Tusshar Kapoor co-starring her. In 2010, she appeared in the film Once Upon a Time opposite Emraan Hashmi, Prachi got the opposite lead role in 2012. Abhishek Bacchan In the movie Bol Bachchan. With a collection of 165 crores, it was Prachi’s highest-grossing film till date. In 2013, she was seen in the film Main, Main Aur Main, which was followed by Policegiri starring Sanjay Dutt in 2014. In 2016, he did another film Azhar, which was a biopic of former Indian cricketer Mohammad Azharuddin. Prachi played the role of Naureen, the wife of Mohammad Azharuddin. In 2016, she appeared in the sequel to Rock On, where she again played the role of Farhan Akhtar’s wife. Prachi made her OTT debut with a murder mystery, Silence… Can You Hear It? With Manoj Bajpayee in 2021.
Prachi will soon be seen in another OTT web series Dhootha starring Naga Chaitanya.
In 2006, Prachi Desai got her big break with Ekta Kapoor’s daily soap Kasam Se. Prachi was just 17 years old when she started working for her TV serial. The audience appreciated Prachi’s work a lot.
In 2007, she won a dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa with choreographer Deepak Singh.
Prachi appeared in a cameo role for the TV serial Kasautii Zindagii Kay.
Prachi Desai appeared in a detergent commercial opposite Salman Khan.
She also starred in other TV commercials like Neutrogena, Lyra, Nile Shampoo, Sophie etc.
Prachi Desai starred in Mr World 2016 with Rohit Khandelwal in a music video Rihahe. The song was released on 22 June 2021 and is sung by Yasir Desai.
She also appeared in an item number titled ‘Aawari’ for the film Ek Villain.
- in 2020, Ajay Devgn Posted a tweet to celebrate the 8th anniversary of Bol Bachchan but forgot to tag some other co-actors including Prachi Desai. He replied to her tweet for forgetting her and not calling her out. Soon Ajay Devgn’s fans reprimanded him and started a trend on Twitter “Hypocrisy Queen Prachi Desai”. They dig up old tweets where Prachi didn’t even tag Ajay Devgn while celebrating the film’s two-year anniversary.
- Prachi Desai opened up about casting couch and revealed an incident where she was asked to settle for a role in a big project. When Prachi was asked about this in an interview, she revealed,
I think I was also offered very direct offers to cast in a certain big film but I flat out declined. And even after saying no, the director called again. And I still said that I am not interested in your film. I think I am very honest and honest. I don’t like banging around the bush. ,
- In an interview, Prachi Desai admitted that nepotism has hindered her career and it is present in Bollywood. In an interview, he openly expressed his views and said,
Look, this is a reality best accepted; There is no point in denying it. It’s been there, it’s there, and it’s probably going to stay there. But today, I am loving the fact that the audience is deciding a lot. So, as long as the audience supports, there will be room for everyone. ,
Awards, Honors, Achievements
- In 2011, Prachi Desai won 4 Best Performance in a Supporting Role (Female) for Once Upon a Time in Mumbai at IIFA, Zee Cine Award, Star Guild Award and Stardust Award.
- In 2006, Prachi won Best Fresh New Face (Female) at the Indian Telly Awards for her TV serial Kasam Se.
- In 2006, Prachi won the Indian Telly Award for Best Onscreen Couple for her show Kasam Se opposite Ram Kapoor.
- In 2007, she won Best Actress in a Leading Role at the Indian Telly Awards for her show Kasam Se.
- In 2008, Prachi Won Telly Award for Special Recommendation.
- In 2009, he won the Dabur Vatika Anandalok Award for his best performance in Rock On.
Prachi Desai has a BMW 3 Series car. Apart from this, Prachi also owns a Tata Harrier.
- color: white, pink and blue
Facts / Trivia
- Prachi Desai is an animal lover and owns a pet cat Zorro.
- She worked in some magazine covers like Femina, Better Homes and Gardens India.
- Prachi Desai has walked for various designers at Lakme Fashion Week India.
- Prachi Desai has a tremendous fan following on social media. He has 8.2M followers on Facebook, 4M on Instagram and 1.4M on Twitter.
- Prachi revealed in an interview that she was dating someone and to surprise him, she flew to another country. Later, he finds out that he had lied to her and he was not there. In an interview given to Filmfare, he said-
I have flown across countries for someone. When I spoke to him on the phone, he said he was in a particular country. I believed him and flew away to surprise him. But when I reached there I realized that he had lied. he was not there! I made the most of it and went on holiday alone. That’s how you face it, you give yourself a good time.”