Wife: Manjiri Oki
Age: 47 Years
Hometown: Pune, Maharashtra
Some Lesser Known Facts about Prasad Oak
- Prasad Oak is an Indian actor, director, writer, singer, anchor, poet and film producer, best known for directing the Marathi drama film Kachcha Limbu (2017).
- Prasad Oak belongs to a Maharashtrian Hindu family.
- In 1996, Prasad started his career as an assistant director in the Marathi drama Premachi Gosht. Later, he acted in several Marathi plays including Adhantar, Nandi, Magna Talyakathi, Ranagan, Abhas and Altan Paltan.
- Prasad has sung in Marathi films like Doghat Tisar Ata Sagal Vista (2008) and Joshi’s Kamble (2008).
- Prasad likes to watch movies and read books in his spare time.
- In an interview, Prasad Oak revealed that he always wanted to be a director. They said that,
I did not come to Mumbai to become an actor. I had come to the city to become a director. I never wanted to be an actor, I always wanted to be a director. And that dream of directing has lagged behind. I came to Mumbai in 1996 and directed my first film in 2009 (with Hey Ke Ne Ke). My next (direction) Kachha Limbu was in 2017. Now I want to direct more films.
- Prasad has a pet dog named Maskara.
- According to Prasad Oak, the Marathi film Chandramukhi which was his dream film to direct, became his best directorial film in April 2022. They said that,
I would always tell my little ones – you should have started directing long ago. It was my dream to make my directorial debut with Chandramukhi, it took me 15 years to hand over the remake rights of my novel to Vishwas Patil. He knew me as an actor but he was not sure of my directing abilities. He was in doubt. After Hirkani (also directed a film Oak), he gave me the rights in December 2019. Chandramukhi has been my passion for 18 years and my biggest ‘dream come true’.
- Prasad Oak has appeared in more than 80 television serials and 39 films in his acting career.
- In 2007, Prasad won the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Competition a singing competition and also won the title of Ajinkyatara which was a competition among Marathi celebrities.
- In 2000, Prasad was a judge on the reality show Dhinka Chika, and in 2020 he judged the Marathi comedy show Maharashtrachi Hasya Jatra.
- In 2017, Marathi film Kachha Limbu directed by Prasad Oak received the National Film Award.