Prashant Kishor is an Indian politician, political strategist and strategist. He is known to have rejected an offer made by the Indian National Congress party to join the Empowered Action Group 2024, made in 2022.
Prashant Kishor was born in 1978 (age 44 years; by 2022) in Quran Village, Rohtas District, Bihar. His hometown is Buxar, Bihar. He studied in a government school in Bihar. He completed his graduation from Patna Science College, Bihar.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
parents and siblings
Prashant’s father’s name is Shrikant Pandey, who is a doctor.
wife and children
Prashant is married to Jhanvi Das, who is a doctor. They have a son, Daibik.
Prashant is a Brahmin.
Prashant started his career in Indian politics in 2011, when he strategized for Narendra Modi In the 2012 Gujarat Assembly elections, which led to Modi being appointed as the Chief Minister of Gujarat. He continued to work for Narendra Modi and in 2014 started an election-campaign group called Citizens for Accountable Governance (CAG), which also worked for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the 2014 Lok Sabha election. The campaigns he did for the BJP in the elections included Chai Pe Charcha Charcha, 3D rallies, Run for Unity and Manthan. After Modi worked hard to win two elections, Prashant was offered the post of Minister of State in the PMO by Narendra Modi, but he refused to accept the offer. Due to some problems he stopped working for BJP Amit Shah,
In 2015, he changed the name of his group from Citizens for Accountable Governance (CAG) to Indian Political Action Committee (I-PAC). In 2015, Prashant started working for Nitish Kumar JD(U), and he won the seat in the 2015 Bihar Legislative Assembly election. Nitish offered Prashant to be the party’s advisor, and he joined the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) on 16 September 2018 as the party’s vice-president. He left the party on 29 January 2020 after being expelled from JD. (u) For statements made against Nitish Kumar, the Chief Minister of Bihar.
In 2016, Prashant was a political strategist for Amarinder Singh of the Indian National Congress in the 2017 Punjab Assembly elections. It was reported by several news channels that Amarinder Singh won the election because of the campaign done by Prashant and his team. After winning the election, Amarinder Singh tweeted,
As I have said many times before, PK and his team and their work were very important to our victory in Punjab!
In 2016, Prashant worked for the Indian National Congress in the 2017 Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly election, but the Congress party could not win the election. Many politicians commented about Prashant and said that he should have worked for BJP instead of Congress as BJP won elections in Uttar Pradesh for twenty seven years. In 2017, he was political advisor to Yuvajan Shramik Rythu Congress Party, which won 151 out of 175 seats in the 2019 Andhra Pradesh Assembly elections. In 2020, Prashant became the election strategist for the Aam Aadmi Party in the 2020 Delhi Assembly. Election.
In 2020, he did not campaign for any party, but took part in the campaign of Bihar. On 3 February 2020, Prashanth was a political strategist for the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam party in the 2021 Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly election. In 2021, he campaigned for the All India Trinamool Congress in the 2021 West Bengal Legislative Assembly election.
In March 2021, Prashant became the principal advisor to former Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh and resigned on 5 August 2021. In his resignation letter he wrote,
As you are aware, in view of my decision to take a temporary leave from an active role in public life, I am not able to handle the responsibilities as your Principal Advisor. Since I am yet to decide on my future course of action, I request you to kindly relieve me of this responsibility.”
Prashant resigned as political strategist in 2021. In an interview he talked about it and said,
I don’t want to continue what I’m doing. I’ve done enough. It’s time for me to take a break and do something else in life. I want to leave this place.”
- Question on Prashant’s loyalty: In 2019, Prashant was the JD(U) political strategist, but at the same time, he offered services to the Trinamool Congress for the 2021 assembly elections. Many politicians criticized Prashant for not being loyal to one party. in an interview, Nitish KumarThe Chief Minister of Bihar who belongs to JD(U) said,
We have nothing to do with his activities in West Bengal. We also do not know what kind of services will be provided to his company in the neighboring state.
- Support for Narendra Modi: In 2021, Prashant attracted controversy when he was heard praising Narendra Modi in an audio clip shared by BJP IT cell chief Amit Malviya. In the audio clip, he said that PM Narendra Modi and CM Mamata Banerjee are equally popular. This audio was released by BJP when Prashant was Trinamool Congress’s political strategist for the 2021 assembly elections. Responding to this in an interview, Prashant said,
I am glad that BJP is taking my conversation more seriously than the words of its own leaders!? They should show courage and share the whole chat instead of getting excited by selective use of parts of it. I have said the same thing before and am repeating it again – BJP will not cross 100 in West Bengal. period. I also said that BJP will not go beyond 100, why are they not playing like this? I was fully aware that this is a public forum.”
Facts / Trivia
- Many media houses use Prashant’s name as PK.
- After working for BJP and JD(U) as a political strategist, he decided to expand his services to all other political parties in India.
- Prashant was a public health specialist at the United Nations, United States of America for eight years before starting working as a political strategist in Indian politics in 2012.
- Reportedly, in 2018, Prashant was expected to contest in the 2020 Bihar general election. In an interview, a JD(U) leader said,
If all he had to do was prepare and help with election management, there was absolutely no need to subscribe to the party. The fact that he has joined our party gives a clear indication of his chances of contesting elections. However, Nitish has left it to him.”
- In 2022, South Indian actor, Thalapathy Vijay Secretly met Prashant and discussed his interest in politics.
- In 2022, Prashant was offered by Congress President Sonia Gandhi to join the Congress party as part of the Empowered Action Group (EAG) for the 2024 general elections. He wrote in a Twitter post,
I rejected the liberal offer of #Congress to join the party as part of the EAG and take responsibility for the elections. In my humble opinion, the party needs more leadership and collective will than me to fix the deeply rooted structural problems through transformational reforms. ,