Prerna Arora is an Indian film financier. She came into limelight in July 2022 when the Enforcement Directorate (ED) booked her in a money laundering case of Rs 31 crore in Mumbai.
Prerna Arora was born on Wednesday, 9 December 1987.age 34 years; by 2022) in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. Their zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He was brought up in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx): 55 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
parents and siblings
His father’s name is Virendra Arora, and he is an Indian film producer.
His mother’s name is Mandira. He has a sister named Kusum Arora.
she is not married.
Prerna Arora started her career in Indian cinema in 2016 after producing Rustom starrer Akshay Kumar, The film garnered many accolades soon after its release.
Later, he went on to produce several award-winning films including ‘Toilet Ek Prem Katha (2017),’ ‘Padman (2018),’ ‘Kedarnath (2018),’ ‘Fanney Khan (2018),’ and Taluk (2021). famous indian actress Anushka Sharma Worked in the film Pari with Prerna Arora in 2018.
Later, he produced several Bollywood music videos such as Ruk (2022) and Musafir (2022).
In July 2022, he attracted controversy when he was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in a Rs 31 crore money laundering case. He was charged under IPC sections 420 (cheating) and 120B (criminal conspiracy). Earlier, he was arrested in 2018 by the Economic Offenses Wing (EOW) on a complaint of fraud of Rs 31.6 crore by Indian film financier Vashu Bhagnani.
Facts / Trivia
- Her full name is Prerna V Arora.
- in 2016. Prerna Arora founded KriArj Entertainment (a production house) with her father and a family friend Arjun N Kapoor, who is her business partner. However, this production house closed its operations in 2018. Later, he launched another production house named Mandira Entertainment.
- Once, Prerna Arora’s family owned the famous Great Kamala Circus, which was named after her late grandmother. Later, this circus venture was sold to Apollo Circus, but his family still has a small partnership in it.
- In 2018, he received the Best Film Award for the film Toilet – Ek Prem Katha, which released in 2017.
- According to Prerna, although her mother was from Mumbai, Prerna was brought up in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. In a conversation with a media house, Prerna said that she does not have any film background. During the discussion he remembered that it was his mother who introduced him to Indian films which eventually attracted him to Bollywood. He said,
I come from a small town. My mother introduced me to movies like this Brahmachari, Mr. Indiabimal roy movies, sujata… I got attracted towards cinema and started watching more and more.
In the same conversation, she said that she was not interested in acting in films, but wanted to produce films. He also credited his family friend Arjun N Kapoor for helping him fulfill his ambition.
- Prerna Arora regularly shares pictures and videos on various social media platforms. His Instagram account is followed by more than 11.7k people. She is also active on Twitter.
- In a conversation with a media reporter, Prerna once revealed that she likes to travel to far-flung places in her spare time and in the same interview she mentioned shopping as her favorite pastime activity. He said,
I am a compulsive shopper. I have rooms and rooms full of it. I love dior! When I was younger, I had the whole point of growing up and buying Dior and wearing them. I want more!”
- According to Prerna Arora, she is one of the top three customers of Dior in India. Once, she told a major media house that she was one of the guests of the label’s creative director Maria Grazia Chiuri, who invited her to Chiuri’s Winterfall collection in 2017.