R. Parthiban is an Indian actor. Producer, and Director. He mainly works in Tamil Entertainment Industry. He is also a writer. He is the director and producer of over 26 Tamil films and appeared in over sixty films as an actor. R. Pathiban is the founder of a charitable trust named “R. Parthepan Manidha Neya Mandram”.
R. Parthiban was born on Friday, 15 November 1957 (age 65 years; by 2022) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. R. Parthiban is a college dropout.
Hair Color: salt and pepper
Eye Colour: black
parents and siblings
The names of his parents are not known. R. Parthiban has a brother named Babu.
wife and children
Radhakrishnan Parthiban married Sita in 1990.
The couple has three children together, two daughters named Abhinay and Keertan and an adopted son named Rakhi.
as an actor
R. Parthiban started appearing in Tamil films in 1981. His first film as an actor was Ranuva Veeran. His next successful film was Dhavani Kanavugal, released in 1984 in which he played a postman. In 1992, R. Parthiban was cast in the film Unnai Vazathi Padugiren alongside South Indian actresses Suman Ranganathan and Mohini. The 1999 film Tata Birla was his comedy film. As a supporting actor, R. Parthiban appeared in the film Irathil Oruvan in 2010. He was the winner of the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor – Tamil Award for this film. In 2015, he appeared in the comedy film Naanum Rowdy Padhaan, in which he played the role of a comedy villain. He also appeared in supporting roles in films like Maaviran Kittu (2016) and Koditta Idangalai Nirapuga (2017). In 2019, she starred in the film Oath Seruppu Size 7, which was directed and produced by her, and the film was the winner of the Special Jury Award at the 67th National Film Awards. Meanwhile, the film was awarded the Jury Award for Best Feature Film, the Jury Award for Best Feature Film Director and the Best Solo Act Award at the Toronto Tamil Film Festival. R. According to Parthiban, this film was his dream project, which he had been dreaming of directing for the past eighteen years. R. Parthiban was cast in the films Yutha Saatham and Ponniyin Selvan in 2022. Several movies like Bharathi Kannamma (1997), Azhaghi (2002), Ayrathil Oruvan (2010), Melvilasam (2011), and Otha Seruppu Size 7 (2019). He had successful hits.
as a director
In 1982 R. Parthiban Vedikkai Manidhargal was the assistant director of the film. In this film he played R. Also acted as a voice-over artist for Murthy’s character. In 1984, R. Parthiban directed Tamil films. Started helping Bhagyaraj. R. Parthiban and K. Bhagyaraj worked in more than twenty films simultaneously from 1984 to 1991. In 1989, he directed the film Pudhiya Padhai, which was critically acclaimed by the critics. The film was awarded the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Tamil, Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Film and Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Story Writer. In 1990, R. Parthiban directed and starred in the film Pondatti Thevai, which faced a box office failure. In 1999, his film Housefull was a superhit as a director. R. Parthiban directed the film Yello in 2001, and was an Indian music composer. AR Rahmani Composed four songs for this film. The release of this film got delayed due to some reasons. Some of his films, which were directed by him, such as Kartha, Rowdy and etc were never released.
as a singer
R. Parthiban sang the song “Hey Kala Kala” in the 1995 film Sarigmapadani. The song was composed by Deva. He lent his voice to the song “De Vasu” from the Kannada Pookal film in 2005.
as a narrator
Films like 2B (2001), Athiradi Vettai (2014), Time Anna Boss (2020; web series), and Koogle Kuttappa (2022) were helmed by R. Parthiban had narrated.
as a lyricist
The song “Aadiye Kiliye” for the film Kudaikul Mazai in 2004 was composed by R. Written by Parthiban. All songs for Vithagan movie by R. Parthiban wrote. The songs “Kilukilu Payai” and “Wife Love” in the 2017 film Koditta Idangalai Nirapuga. Composed and written by Parthiban.
Apart from being an accomplished actor, director and producer, R. Parthiban is an avid writer. He is the author of the book Kirukkalgal – Thamiz Kavithai Thoguppu, which was released by M. Karunanidhi,
Awards, Honors, Achievements
In 1989, R. Parthiban won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Tamil, Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Film and Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Story Writer for the film Pudhiya Padhai. In 1997, he was awarded the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Actor. In 2010, R. Parthiban earned the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor – Tamil Award. In 2019, he was the winner of the National Film Award – Special Jury Award for the film Otha Seruppu Size 7.
Facts / Trivia
- His full name is Radhakrishnan Parthiban.
- Early in his career as a voice-over artist, R. Parthiban used to earn six thousand rupees per month as remuneration.
- For the 1997 film Bharathi Kannamma, R. Parthiban won the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Actor.
- In 1980, in his twenties, R. Parthiban joined the drama company of the late SV Ramdas in Madras. Ramadas was a well-known artist of Tamil films, especially known for playing villainous roles in Tamil films.
- In 1989, R. Parthiban and South Indian actress Sita started dating each other while they were shooting for the film Pudhiya Padhai as lead actor and actress. The next year he got married. They have two daughters named Abinaya and Kirtan. In 2002, Keerthana was cast in the film ‘Kannathil Muthamittal’. Later they adopted a son named Rakhi. They separated in 2001.
- On 25 December 2018, R Parthiban was elected as the Vice President of the Tamil Film Producers Council. Earlier Gautam Vasudev Menon and Prakash Raj were jointly working in this post.
- In 2020, in an interview, R Parthiban said that his film OS7 was like his child. In this conversation, he said that he wants to do something in his life which no one has done before. They told,
if i have one crushing (Greed) In my life, to do something that no one has ever done before. ,
- On 1 May 2022, during the launch of a song from his film Irawin Nijal, R. Parthiban was sharing a stage with Indian musician AR Rahman in Tamil Nadu. While interacting with AR Rahman on stage, R Parthiban threw his mic at the audience and Robo Shankar said that it was not working. Later, he apologized for his behavior and explained that he was under pressure and lost his cool. The instant incident shook the audience and AR Rahman.
- R. Parthiban regularly posts his pictures and videos on various social media platforms. He is followed by more than 1.2 million people on Facebook and more than 95.3k people follow his Instagram account. He has a YouTube channel which has more than 67.8K subscribers.
- R. Parthiban is often featured in its articles by various renowned newspapers and magazines.