Profession: Actor, writer, comedian
Age: 31 Years
Date of Birth: 15/01/1991
Some lesser known facts about Rahul Ramakrishna
- Rahul Ramakrishna is an Indian Actor, who has worked predominantly in Bollywood .
- Apart from being an actor, he is also a comedian, journalist and writer.
- Before his college days, Rahul worked backstage with small theater groups, but he never got the opportunity to be on stage.
- After dropping out in the final year of his degree, Rahul took to various tasks such as data entry and writing reviews for websites. In an interview he said,
I was not selected for engineering. I gave up after dragging it out for four years. I started working for myself and did odd jobs like data entry operations and writing reviews for websites. I worked in a few newspapers and joined an NGO where I got an opportunity to work with Dalits, Adivasis and marginalized farmers. Later I was introduced to Forum Theater and it was during one such workshop that my acting debut took place.”
- In an interview, he revealed that he was made his acting debut during a workshop he attended at the Forum Theatre.
- He started his career as an actor with a short film titled ‘Sainma’ which was directed by Tharun Bhaskar Dhasyam.
- She made her Tollywood debut in 2016 with ‘Jayamu Nishchamu Ra’. Apart from being an actor, he was also the dialogue writer of the film.
- He rose to fame in 2017 for his acclaimed role of Vijay’s friend Shiva in the film Arjun Reddy.
- He acted in various films like Chi La So (2018), Brochevarevura (2019), Pressure Cooker (2020), and Jaathi Ratnalu (2021).
- He also acted in the Telugu blockbuster RRR, which earned Rs. 900 crores worldwide collection.
- Rahul Ramakrishna is also a dialogue writer and lyricist. According to him, he started writing to supplement his income.
- He wrote the song ‘Mary’s Mary’s’ in Sainma and three songs ‘Pelli Chopulu’ for the film.
- Rahul is also a TV presenter and has hosted the Telugu cooking show, Wah Amy Ruchi.
- In 2018, Ramakrishna announced his plans to marry the love of his life, Bindu, on 15 January 2019; However, during the promotion of one of his films, he clarified that his wedding plans have been postponed due to his busy shooting schedule.
- In 2019, when Ramakrishna’s film, Mithai, was poorly received by both critics and audiences, he deleted his Twitter account for almost 2 months.
- In 2020, Rahul Ramakrishna tweeted about the trauma he was subjected to as a child of sexual abuse. His fans and industry colleagues praised him for his courage and remarkable resilience.
- In 2022, Rahul Ramakrishna tweeted to announce his retirement from the film industry, causing a stir among his fans.
However, he later clarified that it was a prank, and that those who thought he was leaving his high-paying job were fools. He tweeted,
It’s a joke, idiots, why would I throw away a high paying, luxurious life full of so much profit? I can’t believe my friends are calling me to congratulate me on my retirement.
He deleted both the tweets after some time.
- According to Ramakrishna, he is a fictional bassist, has a short temper, and can make good sambar.