Ramachandran Raju is an Indian actor who has worked in many South Indian films. He is best known for playing the main antagonist Garuda in the film KGF: Chapter One. Apart from working in Kannada film industry, Ramachandran Raju has also worked in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam film industries.
Ramachandran Raju was born on Monday, 7 July 1980.age 42 years; by 2022) in Bangalore, Karnataka. Before making his big debut, Ramachandran Raju was working as a driver and a bodyguard for Yash, the main protagonist in the film KGF.
Height (approx.): 6′ 0″
Weight (approx): 75 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: dark brown
Body Measurements (Approximately): 46-32-16
Not much information is available regarding the name or profession of his parents.
parents and siblings
He has a younger brother named Madhu Gowda.
wife and children
His wife’s name is Suma Raju. He is a doctor by profession. The couple got married on 21 February 2014.
They have an elder son named Reyansh. He was born on 26 March 2016.
They have a younger daughter named Tyara. He was born on 21 November 2019.
Ramachandran Raju is a Hindu.
Ramachandran’s big debut as a villain
Ramachandran Raju made his debut as the main villain in the film KGF: Chapter One. Ramachandran Raju played the role of Garuda in the film. She was offered the role for the film in 2016, and the film released in 2018.
The director of the film, Prashanth Neel, on seeing him, chose Ramachandran for the negative role. Ramachandran Raju said during an interview,
I was there as Yash Boss’s bodyguard. I was standing beside Yash calmly when director Prashanth Neel came to his house to offer him the lead role for the film KGF. He looked at me, and took a big long look at me and asked Yash if I could come to his office for the audition. I had no idea what was really happening and I was completely confused. Yash Boss immediately agreed to send me to Prashanth Neel’s office, where I auditioned for the film in which I was later selected to debut.
Career growth after KGF by leaps and bounds
Ramachandran Raju instantly became a superhit in the film industry. Since 2018, he has received a lot of offers from various filmmakers. In 2021, she was offered a role to play the role of Jayaseelan in the Tamil film Sultan. The film was well received by Ramachandran’s fans. This was his first film in the Tamil film industry.
In the same year, he played the role of Peda Perumal in the Tamil blockbuster film Kodiyil Oruvan.
Ramachandran Raju was also awarded a role in the film AV33. In 2021, Ramachandran Raju received an offer from the Telugu film industry to play the role of Dhanunjaya in the Telugu film, Maha Samudram.
In 2021, he played the role of Tandava in the Kannada blockbuster film, Madhagaja.
In 2021, Ramachandra Raju played a character named JD in the Kannada film, Rider.
Ramachandran Raju, in 2021, was given the role of Anand Bali in the film Bhala Thandanana.
In 2022, he made his debut with the Malayalam film titled, Aarattu. He played the role of a character named Bada Raju.
In 2022, Ramachandran Raju made two cameo appearances. His first cameo appearance was in the title song of a blockbuster Telugu film, Bheemala Nayak, in which he played the role of a prisoner. His second cameo was as Garuda in the film KGF: Chapter Two, where he is featured in a flashback story of Garuda.
garuda upcoming movies
In 2021, Ramachandran Raju was offered a Tamil film titled Jana Gana Mana, and was offered a pivotal role in the upcoming film. In the same year, Ramachandran Raju was offered a role in a Malayalam film, Stambham 2. For the film, the actor was offered the lead role.
Awards, Honors, Achievements
- In 2019, Ramachandran Raju won the Zee Kannada Hemeya Kannadiga Award in the ‘Best Villain’ category.
- In 2019, Ramachandran Raju was nominated for the 8th South Indian International Film Awards (SIIMA) in the category ‘Best Actor in a Negative Role’.
- In 2019, Ramachandran Raju won the Chitra Santhe Award for Best Villain; For the movie KGF: Chapter One.
- Ramachandran Raju owns a Toyota Fortuner TRD.
- He also has a Hummer.
Facts / Trivia
- Ramachandran Raju is also known as Garuda Rama.
- Ramachandran Raju’s fans recognize him as Garuda. Across the country, there are many fan clubs named ‘Garuda Fan Club’, which have been created by his fanatical fans. During an interview, Ramachandran said,
I love it when people recognize me by my screen name Garuda. They look at me and say, this is Garuda. I never thought that so many people across the country would give me so much love.”
- Ramachandran Raju worked as a bodyguard and driver for Yash for almost a decade. In an interview he said,
I have known Yash from the days of Mogina Mansu. In fact, I have been friends with Yash and director Anil for so many years and we all wanted to work together someday. Nothing concrete came out. We were waiting for the right project to come out.”
- KGF actor Yash supported Ramachandran Raju’s dreams of becoming an actor. Ramachandran Raju while giving an interview said,
Yash Boss supported me when I needed him the most. He once told me that I should just focus on enhancing my acting skills. He also supported me financially. I can never forget this.”
- Yash Ramachandran is Raju’s idol. In an interview he said,
I have seen Yash rise to stardom in the film industry with hard work and determination. I have always considered him as my role model.”
- Ramachandran Raju always wanted to be an actor, and Yash was well aware of this fact, so when the director, Prashanth Neel wanted to cast Ramachandran as Garuda in KGF, Yash immediately agreed to it.
- To enhance his acting skills, Ramachandran Raju trained for 1.5 years in various acting workshops.
- Ramachandran Raju was not aware of the role that he would be offered in the film. While giving an interview, he said,
I didn’t know what role I was being cast for. Prashant Neel sir didn’t tell me anything. All I knew was that it was a pivotal role in the film, which I was working hard for. But had no idea that I had to be the main villain in the film itself. I did not expect that the film and my role would be so strong. It was only after the release of the film that I came to know about its success… That’s when I realized that KGF is really a huge project. We all knew it was a great film, but never thought it would become a pan-India hit.”
- Ramachandran Raju played the character of Garuda in such a way that it created fear in the mind of Sanjay Dutt himself. Raju said in an interview,
When I met Sanjay Dutt for the first time, he told me- Garuda ke roll mein first time dekh ke bahut dar laga (I was very scared when I saw you as Garuda for the first time).
- Ramachandran Raju visits the gym regularly and lays great emphasis on maintaining fitness.
- Ramachandran Raju believes that with the release of the film KGF, the Kannada film industry has got the respect of other film industries. In an interview he said,
This film is the pride of Kannada cinema. It gave the message that we are in no way inferior to other film industries. Even the attitude of the actors has changed drastically. People have realized that there are many new ways to look at a role or a story.”