Rashmirekha Ojha (1999–2022) was an Indian television actress, known for her appearances in Odia television shows. On 18 June 2022, she was found dead in her rented apartment in Gada Shahi, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Rashmirekha Ojha was born in the year 1999 (age 23 years; at the time of death) in Jagatsinghpur, Odisha, India. Reportedly, she was 12th pass.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: brown
parents and siblings
Not much information is available about Rashmirekha Ojha’s parents. Rashmirekha has three younger brothers.
relationships / affairs
Rashmirekha Ojha was in a live-in relationship with her boyfriend Santosh Patra.
In 2022, Rashmirekha Ojha was seen in the show Kemiti Kahin Kaha along with Supriya Nayak and Siddhant Mohapatra on Zee Sarthak. She had appeared in cameo roles in some Odia television serials.
Rashmirekha Ojha appeared in around 15 music videos.
Rashmirekha Ojha allegedly committed suicide and was found hanging in her rented apartment in Gada Shahi, Bhubaneswar, Odisha on 18 June 2022. Later, a suicide note was recovered from her diary at the place of the incident in which she said that no one should be there. held responsible for his death.
Facts / Trivia
- Rashmirekha Ojha used to make lip-sync videos on her Instagram account.
- Rashmirekha Ojha’s father accused her live-in partner Santosh Patra of being involved in his daughter’s death. In an interview he said,
Our calls to him on Saturday remained unanswered. Later, Santosh informed us about the news. We came to know from the landlord of the house that Santosh and Rashmi lived as husband and wife. We had no idea about it.”
- In an interview, while talking to reporters, the senior police officer said,
The 23-year-old actress was found hanging from the ceiling of her rented house on the night of 18 June. Police is waiting for his post-mortem report to come. Prima facie, it appears to be a case of suicide as he has left behind a note saying that no one is responsible for his death.
- Rashmirekha Ojha’s landlord said that Rashmirekha and Santosh had rented the apartment for two months and told him that they were a married couple.
- In an interview, Bhubaneshwar DCP Prateek Singh said,
We had recovered a mobile, laptop and a handwritten note. As per the note, she was going through severe mental depression. He has not blamed anyone for taking such a big step. Even we have not received any complaint from the victim’s family in this regard. We are probing it from every angle. According to the landlord, he had rented the house with his male friend for two months. The landlord has not shared any other information or filed any complaint yet.”
- On 21 June 2022, an audio clip of Rashmirekha and Santosh was recovered, in which they had a conversation about a boy named Raja, speculating a relationship between Rashmirekha Ojha and Raja.