Raveena Arora, better known as Raveena, is an American singer and songwriter. She has specialized in jazz, R&B, and soul music genres. In 2022, Aurora became the first woman of Indian origin to perform at Coachella, an annual music and arts festival held at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California.
Raveena Arora was born on Friday, 30 September 1994.age 27 years; by 2021), Massachusetts, U.S. Their zodiac sign is Libra.
Her family’s roots were in Punjab, India. His parents immigrated to Queens, New York from India during the 1984 anti-Sikh riots. She grew up in Queens, New York and Stamford, Connecticut. Inclined towards music from a young age, Aurora started singing when she was in class 6; Raveena gave her first singing performance at the age of eleven on Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas. Gradually, she became obsessed with music and started learning R&B, Jazz, Soul and Folk music. While in middle school, Arora became involved with musical theatre, starting writing original music upon reaching high school. He studied recorded music at New York University Tisch School of the Arts, New York.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: brown
Raveena belongs to a traditional Sikh family.
parents and siblings
Raveena Arora is the daughter of Rajeev Mehta and Dimple Mehta. His mother is a fashion designer; He worked with Calvin Klein in the 90s. He has an elder sister Kareena and a brother Rajveer.
Raveena started her music career in 2015; Record producer working with Everett Orr. In December 2017, she released her debut EP ‘Peace’. Their first EP was a fusion of R&B, soul and jazz music and was based on themes of self-love and healing. It received huge appreciation from the audience. Thereafter, he started directing his own music videos.
— raveena (@raveena_aurora) December 6, 2017
His debut album “Lucid” was released on May 31, 2019. The album was distributed by Empire Distribution. His album received positive reviews. NPR’s Sidney Madden described the album as
Comfortable yet nuanced, balancing cultures old and new by mashing contemporary R&B with the traditions of the South Asian diaspora.”
Praising the track ‘Petal’ from the album, Vrinda Jagota from Pitchfork wrote,
Over the course of 12 songs, her voice becomes bolder and clearer, finding strength in everything from sunbathing to her mother’s own femininity and femininity. ,
NPR named Lucid as ‘Best Album of 2019’. The single ‘Stronger’ from the album was named one of the “100 Best Songs of 2019” by Noise.
On 11 February 2022, she released her sophomore album “Awakening of Hope”. In the album, Raveena embodies a space princess from the planet ‘Sanatan’. The aurora was decorated with ornate nose pins and depicted wearing traditional Indian jewelry. Avatar was his interpretation of a space Punjabi princess.
In 2018, Raveena became a part of ModCloth’s Say It Louder campaign. The campaign aims to celebrate individuality and strong female icons in music. It featured other vocal female musicians such as Lizzo, Awkwafina and Hayley Kiyoko. In November 2018, Raveena performed at Tyler, The Creators Camp Flog Gno Carnival. In March 2019, Aurora performed with HER and Toto at the Java Jazz Festival in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Raveena became the first woman of Indian origin to perform at Coachella in 2022. During the celebration, she did a surprise cover of “Dum Maaro Dum” from the Bollywood film Hare Krishna Hare Ram (1971).
After the incident, Raveena took to her Instagram page to thank her team. She wrote,
So wild for me that I am one of the first Indian women to play Coachella. Thanks to my beautiful band (Love You Ty, Kale, and Aaron) and the team who made this happen! There could be thousands more!!!…”
- sing: Raat Hamari Toh from the movie ‘Parineeta’ (2005)
- travel destination: Las Vegas
- fashion brand: Collina Strada, Eckhaus Latta
Facts / Trivia
- Raveena loves painting and playing guitar in her spare time.
- She has been featured several times in Vogue India magazine.
- She has got several tattoos on her body including a butterfly tattoo on her left arm, a tattoo on her right arm and a tattoo on the right side of her waist.
- He is often seen drinking alcohol on several occasions.
- In an interview, Raveena revealed that whenever she had a stomach ache as a child, her grandfather used to practice Reiki (a form of energy healing) on it.
- During an interview, Raveena shared her favorite childhood memory and said,
I don’t come from a family of musicians, but I do come from a family of talented bathroom singers. My favorite memories from my childhood include the warm feeling when my friend’s parents were gone, and they were sitting in the living room singing old Indian songs. I was always creative. Singing and writing was my escape, and a way I found a sense of security and meaning in the world, especially when I was experiencing sad or difficult moments. Compared to my classmates, whose parents have lived and settled here for generations, first-borns in America, or first-generation children of parents who survived and many came, it’s always easier. Does not happen. That environment can lead to a lot of pressure and confusion that you will have to navigate on your own. ,
- Raveena’s mother often collaborates with her to create colorful outfits for her videos and on stage performances. Talking about this in an interview, Raveena said,
It’s a big part of our relationship, now working on clothes for my music together. They were such a huge influence on the style of me growing up, and now I can come up with anything they want, really trendy or with new designers, or with this crazy ’70s Cher mood board I just made, And let’s see how we can translate it all in a way that feels relevant to what I do. She has a really beautiful concept with everything she makes. ,
- Raveena lost one of her maternal uncles during the 1984 Sikh massacre. His family business was also ruined during the riots.
- In a conversation with a leading news daily in New York, Raveena revealed that she was writing poetry from a very young age.
- As a child, Raveena grew up listening to songs by Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald. Talking about this in an interview, Arora said,
Once I heard his voice, I was shocked. There was no turning back. I really fell in love with the voice and learned how to use it and be as expressive as possible with it. ,
- Raveena has been quite open about her pansexuality. She once revealed that she was a survivor of sexual abuse.