Renuka Singh Thakur is an Indian cricketer who plays for the Himachal Pradesh women’s cricket team. She is a right handed batsman and bowls medium and fast pace with her right hand. Renuka Singh Thakur is best known for taking 23 wickets for the opposing team in the 2019-20 Senior Women’s One Day League. Renuka Singh Thakur made her T20 debut on 7 October 2021 against the Australian cricket team. Renuka Singh Thakur represented the Indian cricket team in 2022, at the Women’s Cricket World Cup in New Zealand.
Renuka Singh Thakur was born on Sunday, 1 February 1996.age 26 years; by 2022) in village Parsa, District Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. In 2000, Renuka Singh Thakur completed her secondary schooling from GSS School, Dharamsala, HP. Later, he did his senior secondary schooling from JAV Senior Secondary School, Kangra, HP. She then went to Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar to pursue her graduation. Later, Renuka Singh Thakur completed her further education at Khalsa College and Government College Dharamsala in Amritsar (Punjab).
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx): 50 kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Colour: Black
parents and siblings
His father’s name is Kehar Singh Thakur. He died in 1999. He was an employee in the Himachal Pradesh Irrigation and Public Health Department in Rohru. His mother’s name is Sunita Thakur. He is a Class IV employee in the same department.
He has an elder brother named Vinod Thakur.
she is not married.
Renuka Singh Thakur joined the Women’s Residential Academy of Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association in Dharamsala in 2009. His uncle Bhupendra Singh Thakur was then a physical education teacher at the Government College, Shimla and he inspired him to play cricket. Himachal Pradesh Under 16 and Under 19 teams were later represented by Renuka Singh Thakur. She was then selected by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for a Women’s ODI in 2019. In this match, he took 23 wickets of the rival team. Thereafter, she was selected for the women’s team to tour Australia. Later, he played teams against Bangladesh, Thailand and India B in which he took three wickets in four matches. After this, Renuka Singh Thakur took three wickets for the Karnataka team in the Under-19 Himachal team match against Karnataka. Renuka Singh Thakur played the BCCI Senior Women’s One Day Trophy match and took nine wickets for the opposing team in March 2020.
Renuka Singh Thakur got an opportunity to serve Indian Railways in 2021 under sports quota. Renuka made her T20 debut against Australia in August 2021 and played a cricket series for the Indian women’s cricket team. In January 2022, at the Women’s Cricket World Cup in New Zealand, Renuka Singh Thakur played for the Indian cricket team and made her Women’s One Day International (WODI) debut.
Facts / Trivia
- In her spare time, Renuka Singh Thakur enjoys traveling to far-flung places, cooking, watching movies and playing video games.
- In 1999, Renuka Singh Thakur’s father died, and her mother, Sunita Thakur started working as a Class IV employee in the Irrigation and Public Health Department of Himachal Pradesh in 2000. In an interview with a media house, Sunita Thakur said that Renuka started showing up. Interested in playing cricket when she was very young and used to play in her village ground near Kundi Nallah in Rohru. Sunita Thakur said,
My husband wanted both his children to play sports and watch them make the country proud. After his death due to illness, it was a difficult period for the family. But I never stopped my son and daughter to play any sport. When I worked in Rohru, Renuka used to spend her time playing cricket with her elder brother Vinod and his friends in the village grounds. Sometimes, she used to go to other villages to play cricket.”
- Renuka Singh has a tattoo on her right hand.
- According to Renuka Singh Thakur, his father was a big fan of cricket, and his father named his elder brother after his favorite cricketer Vinod Kambli. Renuka Singh Thakur said,
It’s an emotional day for me and I can’t describe the feeling of being chosen. My father loved cricket and named my elder brother Vinod after his favorite cricketer Vinod Kambli.
Renuka Singh Thakur said that after her father’s death, the responsibility of her family was taken over by her mother, who got a government job in her father’s place. Renuka Singh Thakur said,
His father reportedly worked in the Himachal Pradesh Irrigation and Public Health Department in Rohru before his death in 1999. After that Singh’s mother Sunita became the breadwinner for the family.
- Pawan Sen and Veena Pandey are his coaches.
- According to Renuka Singh Thakur, she follows the playing style of former Indian cricketer Zaheer Khan and Punjab cricketer Harpreet Dhillon.
- Renuka Singh Thakur regularly posts her pictures and videos on various social media platforms. His Instagram account is followed by more than 22k people. She remains very active on her Facebook account.