Revathi is an Indian actress and director. She works in Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu films. Revathi has been one of the top actresses of South-Indian cinema. She was awarded the Filmfare Best Actress Award for her performances in the films Mana Vasanai (1983), Thevar Magan (1992), Anjali (1990), Ankuram (1993), and Kakothi Kavil Aupan Thadigal (1988). In 1992, she was awarded the National Award for Best Actress for the film ‘Thevar Magan’.
Revathi was born as Asha Keelunni on Friday, 8 July 1966.age 55 years; by 2021) in Kochi. He completed his schooling in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Weight (approx): 67 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
Body Measurements (Approximately): 36-29-38
Revathi belongs to a Malayalam family.
parents and siblings
Revathi’s father’s name is Malank Keluni and mother’s name is Lalita Keelunni. His father was a Major in the Indian Army. She has a younger sister named Bindu and a cousin named Geeta Vijayan. Geeta is also an Indian actress who works in Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam films.
husband and children
Her husband was Suresh Chandra Menon, an Indian actor, cinematographer and film director in Tamil and Malayalam language films. Revathi married Suresh in 1986. They did not have any child. After facing some differences in their married life, they parted ways in 2002. Revathi and Suresh Menon then filed for mutual divorce before the court. In 2013, Revathi got divorced in a family court in Chennai. She revealed in an interview on her 48th birthday that she is the biological mother of her daughter and used IVF to conceive. Revathi named her beloved daughter Mahi.
Revathi’s debut film is a 1983 Indian Tamil-language romantic drama film titled Mana Vasanai. She also appeared in the 1983 Indian Malayalam-language drama film Kattathe Kilikkadu. Revathi was one of the leading actresses of South India from 1983 to 1986. In 1984, she acted in an Indian Telugu-language drama film Seethammma Pelli. The film was later dubbed into Malayalam language as Thenal Thedunna Poovu. In 1993, she worked with her husband in the Tamil language thriller film Pudhiya Mugam. Revathi’s upcoming film is Major, which will release in June 2022.
Revathi also played the role of a blind man in Kai Kodukkam Kai, an Indian Tamil language film.
In 2022, Revathi directed a Bollywood comedy-drama film starring actress Kajol in the lead role. Kajol became happy after hearing the story of the film The Last Hurray. he quoted,
I think it is a beautiful journey and it should be shared with all. And having Revathi direct me for this story gives me the strength to play the role of Sujata and show my strength. ,
Revathi is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer, and started learning dance at the age of seven. She made her stage debut as an alumnus of Indian classical dance and music in Chennai in 1979. His mother and Ranganayaki Jayaraman were his mentors. She made several appearances on stage even as she was developing as an actress. Revathi had to give up her passion for dancing for some reason. After a hiatus of 15 years, Revathi performed solo on the 80th anniversary of Sri Saraswati Gana Nilayam. When asked about dance in an interview, Revathi was quoted as saying,
Dance has always been my passion. I started dancing when I was seven years old; My Arangeram was in 1979… 40 years now!
Awards, Honors, Achievements
- His debut film, “Mann Vasnai” won the Filmfare Special Award – South in 1983.
- Revathi won the Cinema Express Award for Best Telugu Actress for her film “Seethammma Pelli”.
- She has won the Best Actress Award – Tamil for her films Thevar Magan, Marupadyum and Priyanka respectively for three consecutive years (1992 – 1994).
- Revathi earned the Filmfare Award for Best Actress – for the Malayalam film Kakkothikkaville Appupan Thadikal.
- She has won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film Thevar Magan.
- Revathi won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu for the Telugu-language drama film Ankuram.
- He has also won National Awards from Film Fans Association, Tamil Nadu State Government, Cinema Express and other organizations.
- His film Red Building Jahan Sun Sets won the National Film Award for Best Non-Feature Film on Family Welfare.
- In 1990, she won the Best Tamil Actress Award for the film Kizakku Vasal.
- In 1992, Revathi won the Best Malayalam Actress award for the film Kilukkam.
- In 1994, Revathi won the Cinema Express Award for Best Actress – Tamil for the film En Aasai Machan.
- In 1998, she won the Special Award for Best Actress for Thalaimurai, an Indian Tamil language film.
- In 2002, his film won the Best English Film of the Year award at the 49th National Film Awards.
- Revathi won the Best Supporting Actress award in 1992 for the film Thevar Magan.
Facts / Trivia
- Alia Bhatt developed a mother-daughter relationship with South Indian actress Revathi during the shooting of the film Two States in 2014. Alia said,
At the end of the film, I formed a mother-daughter relationship with Revathi ma’am. The way she held my head, touched my face, I could feel and feel that motherly warmth with her. I also realized that being with an actor like him made me a better actor.