Ritu Khanduri is an Indian political leader. She was the winner of the 2022 assembly elections from the Kotdwar constituency of Uttarakhand on a Bharatiya Janata Party ticket. At the same time, in March 2022, she was elected as the first woman speaker in the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly. She serves as the head of the Uttarakhand Mahila Morcha unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Ritu Khanduri was born on Friday, 29 January 1965.age 57 years; by 2022) Pauri, Uttarakhand. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. In 1986, she completed BA Honors from Raghunath Girls College, Meerut University. Later he did his post graduation from Rajasthan University.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Colour: Black
parents and siblings
Ritu Khanduri’s father’s name is Bhuvan Chandra Khanduri, a former Chief Minister of Uttarakhand and a retired Major General from the Indian Army. In 1982, he was awarded the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal. Bhuvan Chandra Khanduri was appointed as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand twice – from 2007 to 2009 and from 2011 to 2012. His mother’s name is Aruna Khanduri.
His grandfather’s name is Jai Ballabh Khanduri, and he was a journalist. Her grandmother’s name is Durga Devi Khanduri, and she was a social worker. Ritu Khanduri has two siblings, and one of her siblings is a politician named Manish Khanduri.
wife and children
Ritu Khanduri is married to an IAS officer named Rajesh Bhushan, who was appointed as the Union Health Secretary of India in 2022.
The couple has two children.
305, Som Vihar Apartment RKpuram, South West, Delhi 110022
Ritu Khanduri started working as a professor at Amity University in Noida in 2006. He taught there till 2017. In 2017, she joined politics at the behest of her father BC Khanduri. In a conversation with the media, one of his acquaintances told that Ritu Khanduri always wanted to become a teacher. He said,
She was a teacher and was very happy with her teaching work. He had initial hesitation in taking political steps but he did so at the behest of his father. The reluctance was initial, as she is now fully invested in politics. She was disappointed after being denied ticket (from Yamkeshwar) as she had nurtured this constituency really well.”
In 2012 assembly elections from Kotdwar seat, Bhuvan Chandra Khanduri was defeated by his rival Surendra Singh Negi. Since then he has not contested any election. The legacy of Bhuvan Chandra Khanduri was taken over by Ritu Khanduri in 2017. He defeated former minister Surendra Singh Negi from Yamkeshwar constituency in the 2017 assembly election and won the election for the first time. In 2022, he contested the assembly election from Kotdwar constituency on Bharatiya Janata Party ticket and won the election with a huge margin. In March 2022, he was nominated as the sixth Speaker of the Legislative Assembly of the state of Uttarakhand. The first Speaker of the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly was a BJP candidate named Prakash Pant.
property / properties
- Deposits in Banks : Rs. 24,50,515
- Bonds, Debentures and Shares: Rs. 13,51,772
- LIC or other insurance policies: Rs. 6,65,012
- Motor Vehicle: Rs. 8,20,000
- Jewellery: Rs. 24,00,000 Gross Net Worth: Rs. 70,72,317
- Agricultural land : Rs. 32,00,000
- Non agricultural land : Rs. 80,80,400
- Commercial Building: Rs. 20,00,000
- Residential Building : Rs. 1,35,00,000 Total: Rs. 2,67,80,400
- Loans from Banks: Rs. 1,50,345
As of 2017, Ritu Khanduri has a net worth of Rs. 33702372 crores.
Facts / Trivia
- Her full name is Ritu Khanduri Bhushan.
- Manish Khanduri, one of Ritu Khanduri’s siblings, is a leader of the Indian National Congress. In 2019, he lost the Lok Sabha elections from the Garhwal constituency.
- In March 2022, soon after winning the assembly election from Kotdwar constituency, Ritu Khanduri, while interacting with the media, promised the voters of Kotdwar that she would work hard to ensure development. He said,
First of all I would like to thank the party high command and the voters of Kotdwar for believing in me. This is exactly a decade when my father also contested from here and will work hard to ensure development and issues of local people will be taken up and resolved.
- Ritu Khanduri is very active on her Facebook page. She often posts pictures and videos of her political campaigns and rallies on it. More than 15 thousand people follow him on Facebook.