Age: 31 Years
Wife: Manisha Sharma Aunty
Some lesser known facts about RJ Abhimanyu
- RJ Abhimanyu is an Indian radio jockey, best known for hosting the show ‘Swayamvar: Mika Di Vohti’ releasing on 8 May on Star Bharat.
- Abhimanyu started his journey with the media platform in 2005. His father taught him the concept of radio. When he was in high school, he was hired by All India Radio as an apprentice to do voiceovers for previously recorded shows on All India Radio.
- In 2008, while he was pursuing his graduation, he became an RJ in a prime-time morning segment on a radio station. When he was eighteen years old, he used to earn Rs. 30,000 per month.
- After completing his post-graduation, Abhimanyu went to Vancouver, Ontario and Canada to participate in international shows. In 2012, he came back to India and joined 94.3 MY FM in Chandigarh, where he used to host an RJ romantic show. In an interview, he said that he was not happy with his job and wanted to host a prime-time morning segment show.
- While he was working at 94.3 My FM, Chandigarh, he formed a rock band “By Chance Music Creators” (BCMC), which performed across Punjab. Later, he was offered a job at Delhi Radio City in Delhi, where he used to play guitar and sing love songs on the radio.
- In an interview, he said that he was still not happy with his job and decided to start his journey with television. He was selected for the show India’s Best Cinestars Ki Khoj 2014 and became a finalist in the show. In an interview, he talked about how he got kicked out of the show and said,
Styrofoam balls will float high in the air and the scene will be all set for a winter romance featuring white snowflakes. As I opened my hand to let these tiny particles fly, I felt a strange feeling in the back of my throat and within a second I fell to the floor. What happened was that one of these flying particles burrowed itself into my windpipe which caused me to fall. I was given CPR and there was panic at the spot. They said that they would call me back on the show using a wild card strategy. I waited for 18 days for him to come back to me. He didn’t. And they didn’t even air the episode on TV. I was kicked out of the show on the basis of this strange incident that happened in August 2014.”
- In 2014, he joined Chandigarh’s 92.7 BIG FM to host the morning prime-time segment.
- In 2017, she anchored the comedy show ‘Happy Hours’ on &TV.
- In 2020, he became the founder of Social 360 Media, a digital media management company.
- In 2020, he directed and sang various songs including Woh Raatein, Hai Tu Meri, and So High High. In an interview, he talked about singing those nights and said,
I’ve always wanted to sing in the indie space and this single couldn’t have come at a better time. The concept and lyrics will surely be loved by the audience and I hope they enjoy the track.
- In 2021 he did commentary for Vivo Pro Kabaddi.
- Abhimanyu has also hosted IPL Season 3 in 2010 at a cricket stadium in Mohali.
- He became ‘India’s youngest broadcast RJ’, and is also known as ‘India’s most versatile RJ’.
- In an interview, he said that he aspired to become a cricketer because when he was pursuing his graduation, he used to play cricket at the state level for sports clubs of Punjab and Chandigarh. He also said that he wanted to become a pilot, but he could not pass the flight test because he was wearing glasses.
- He is an avid dog lover and often posts their pictures on social media.
- He works out regularly and often posts pictures of his workouts on social media.
- He is often featured in various newspapers.