Hometown: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Age: 41 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts about Robert (Choreographer)
- Robert Raj is an Indian choreographer, director, producer and actor. He mainly works with various regional film industries in India. In films, he is often seen as a villain. In his choreographed songs, he usually makes cameo appearances. In 2022, Robert Raj came into limelight when he participated in the Indian reality show Bigg Boss Tamil Season 6 to be aired on Star Vijay channel.
- In 1991, Robert Raj began working as a child artist in the film Azhagan, in which he played Mammootty’s son. He then appeared as a dancer in Tamil films as a dancer in the song “Yamma Yamma” in 1996, as a dancer in the song “Anjaam Number,” Narasimham in 1997. Song “Pazhanimalai”.
- In 2002, Robert Raj appeared in the film Maran, which was directed by Sathyaraj, as an actor. In 2005, she acted in the film Dancer in which she played the role of a disabled student who tried to pursue a career in dance. The following year, Robert Raj won the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Villain for portraying the antagonist in the 2005 film Dancer. His performance in the film was critically acclaimed by several film critics.
- In 2003, Robert Raj appeared in the film Pavlakodi. His performance in the film was criticized by film critics. One of the film critics wrote,
The emotional struggles and even potentially funny dialogues tend to lose their impact because of their dialogue delivery.”
- In 2012, Robert Raj choreographed the songs of the film Poda Podi and won the Vijay Award for Best Choreographer for the film. In the same film, she appeared in “Love Panalamma?” Appeared in a cameo role in the video of the song. He then appeared in several cameo roles in films such as “Aasai Alai Poli,” “Padpadakkudhumaneme,” “Chennai City Gangster,” and “Onunrendu.”
- Her sister, Alphonsa, appeared as an item dancer in several Tamil films such as Rajinikanth’s Baasha and Vikram starrer Dil. In 2012, Robert and his sister faced several legal troubles after Alphonsa’s boyfriend Vinod committed suicide. Vinod was a budding Tamil actor and was in a live-in relationship with Alphonsa, who also tried to commit suicide but recovered. Later Vinod’s family members accused Alphonsa and his family members in Vinod’s suicide.
- In 2013, Robert Raj appeared in the television serial Nachthira Jannal, which was aired on Puthuyugam channel. His opposite Vanitha Vijayakumar appeared in the lead role in the show. Later, he confesses his feelings for Vanitha and proposes to her on the sets of MGR Sivaji Rajini Kamal’s film, which was produced by Vanitha Vijayakumar and directed by Robert. This film was his directorial debut. Reportedly, they were in a live-in relationship. Later, they appeared together in several television shows to promote their film. According to some media sources, Robert Raj inscribed Vanitha’s name on his arm. Later, they mutually broke up. In several media interactions, Robert denied his relationship with Vanitha. When asked about the tattoo, he said that the tattoo was a sign of respect for the producer of his first film as a director. Belvan Renganathan, a colleague of Robert, mentioned in a media interview that once, Robert told him that his relationship with Vanitha was only to promote his directorial debut MGR Sivaji Rajni Kamal.
- In 2017, Tinku, a South Indian actor, mentioned in one of his videos that he had posted on social media that composer Amresh Ganesh stole a song titled “Hara Har Mahadevki” before the release of the film Motta Shiva Ketta Shiva. Tinku said that he and Robert were working on a film called Thatha Kar-Ae Thodadhe and the song “Hara Har Mahadevki” was his composition. Tinku alleged that in 2015, he and Amresh were working on the song, but the film was delayed due to some production issues, and Amresh started working on another project and used the song on a different project. did. In February 2017, in a media conference, Amresh Ganesh rubbished all the blame leveled on him by Tinku and Robert. Amresh said that Tinku and Robert were trying to cheat her by depositing money for the film late. Amresh stated that the controversial song was composed by him in Bangkok at no cost and paid Tinku and Robert some amount to appear in the song’s video for the film, which was later declared unsuccessful. Amresh revealed in the same conversation that Robert agreed to play the controversial song to composer Srikant Deva and tried to cast the song in another delayed film minor Kunju Kanom. Amresh concluded that Tinku, Robert and Shrikant Dev were involved in the production of this stalled film minor Kunju Kanom.
- In 2020, Robert Raj appeared as an actor in the web series Mugilan as Saravanan. The series was streamed on ZEE5.