Marital Status: Divorced
Age: 39 Years
Some lesser known facts about Rohit Bhardwaj
- Rohit Bhardwaj is an Indian actor who is popularly known for playing the role of Yudhishthira in Star Plus’ famous Indian mythological TV series “Mahabharat” (2013–2014).
- He attended school in Punjab, where he was one of the top scholars of his class. He always had a passion for acting and filmmaking, and often watched movies in secret. Later, she decided to pursue her acting dream and started applying for auditions. During an interview on the sets of Mahabharat, he shared,
I had plans to go abroad for higher studies after graduation. I never thought that one day I would act in a television serial and become a well-known face.
- Before starting his career as an actor, Rohit was in a long term relationship with Poonam Bhardwaj. They started dating each other during high school and got married in 2006 and were married for 16 years before filing for divorce in 2022. In an interview, he shared some updates about married life, and said,
I have been living alone for the last four-five years. There were differences from the beginning, which continued to grow, especially after I returned from Indonesia. I tried to sort things out with my wife, but could not save the marriage. It struggled with differences and compatibility issues. The divorce process is underway and is expected to be completed in two months.
- He worked in many TV shows like ‘Baat Hamari Pakki Hai’ (2010-2011), ‘Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha’ (2012), ‘Navya.. Naye Dhadkan Naye Saal’ (2011-2012), ‘Mahabharata’ did. (2013-2014), and ‘Laal Ishq’ (2018-2019).
- In 2013, he played the role of Hardeep in the Punjabi short film “Vapasi”. He has worked as a creative producer for the short film “Mombatti”.
- He worked as a creative director for a few episodes of the 2010 TV show “Adalat”.
- In 2020, he played the role of a detective named Omkar Upadhyay in the thriller web series “Myopia”. He also produced this web series, which is based on the famous historical monument Taj Mahal.
- “Mahabharata” gained such popularity that the entire cast traveled to Indonesia to participate in a play based on the show. Indonesian spectators turned up in large numbers to watch him perform on stage. Rohit’s Indonesian fans call him as Om Rohit Mulyono.
- Due to the popularity of the show “Mahabharat” abroad, Rohit and other cast members got a chance to appear in Indonesian TV shows. Rohit participated in the Indonesian television program “The New Eat Bulaga Indonesia” (2014–2015) as a judge and anchor. In 2015, he participated in Bolly Star Vaganza and acted as a judge. He did stand-up comedy and played the role of “Mr Bean” in Indonesia. He played the roles of almost all Indonesian kings of every region.
- In an interview, Rohit talked about the character of Yudhishthira, which he portrayed on screen, which made him famous in India and abroad. He also shared an incident when a fan sent him a letter written in blood. he said,
I am overwhelmed and happy that I am being appreciated as Yudhishthira, in the end, I feel that people can see Yudhishthira in me, I wanted it all to look as real and as convincing as possible and thankfully my appreciation and acceptance But at the same time, I don’t like my fans doing weird things for me like writing a letter with blood. My humble request to all my fans out there, please don’t ever hurt yourself.
- He lost his mother due to cardiac arrest in 2021. He mourned her death and said,
She had a cardiac arrest and I am still recovering from this loss. I am traveling between Mumbai and Delhi to spend time with my father, who is all alone now.
- In an interview, Rohit talked about his struggles to make a place in the entertainment industry. He shared his story of how he became an actor and said,
After my graduation, I had three months of free time for soul searching. I wanted some kind of change and joined theater after a friend advised me to act. Those three months turned into three years and now I am an actor! I think it was destined to happen. It was part of destiny’s plan.”
- In an interview, Rohit revealed that his father was not supportive of his decision to pursue a career in acting; However, his elder brother Mohit supported him. he said,
For me my father is everything. He never wanted me to get into acting career and because of this I used to go for auditions without informing him. On the other hand, my elder brother always supported me in my acting career.”
- He leads a healthy lifestyle and is highly concerned about his health. He consumes salads, sprouts, paneer and cooked vegetables and is a vegetarian. He enjoys protein shake as a drink. He is a sports enthusiast and enjoys playing cricket, swimming, going to the gym and jogging at night.