Rohit Ranjan is a famous Indian news anchor. She made headlines on 5 July 2022, four days after she was taken into custody by the Noida Police, four days after a misleading video of the Indian National Congress President was circulated. Rahul Gandhi In his news show on Zee news channel. Later, the organizers of Zee News channel and Rohit Ranjan apologized for their mistake.
Rohit Ranjan was born in Deoghar, Jharkhand, India. He attended Modern School and Yuvashakti Model School in Delhi to complete his schooling. Later, he joined Technia Institute of Advanced Studies, Delhi for further studies.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
parents and siblings
Not much is known about his parents. she has a brother.
wife and children
Rohit Ranjan is married to Archana Singh. He has a son and a daughter. His son’s name is Rudra.
Rohit Ranjan follows Hinduism.
According to some media sources, Rohit Ranjan studied journalism soon after completing his schooling. In September 2010, he started working as a news anchor with P7 news channel and held the position till May 2015.
Fake news video of Rahul Gandhi circulating
On 1 July 2022, Rohit Ranjan attracted controversy when he broadcast a fake news video of Congress President Rahul Gandhi on his news show aired on Zee News Channel. Prashant Agarwal, a senior superintendent of Raipur police, mentioned in a media conference that Congress MLA Devendra Yadav had registered a case against Rohit Ranjan on July 1, 2022. In the FIR, Devendra Yadav told that there is a fake and fake news video. Rahul Gandhi The show was broadcast by its anchor Rohit Ranjan on Zee News Channel. Yadav said the video was circulated with the intention of promoting enmity between different groups, and it also hurt the religious sentiments of Indian citizens. In the video, INC President Rahul Gandhi was seen pardoning those who ransacked his Wayanad office, calling him a child; However, Zee News channel manipulated the video as Rahul Gandhi was urging the killers of Udaipur tailor Kanhaiya Lal to be pardoned. Soon after the complaint was filed against Rohit Rajan, two police teams from Ghaziabad and Chhattisgarh reached Rohit Ranjan’s residence and started fighting for his custody. The local police did not intervene in the matter as stated by the Ghaziabad police officer. Meanwhile, soon after the news went viral on several media channels, Rohit Ranjan tweeted a post on his Twitter handle. He tagged Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in his post. Ranjan wrote,
Chhattisgarh Police is standing outside my house to arrest me without informing the local police. Is this legal?”
In response, Raipur Police tweeted,
There is no such rule to notify. Yet, now they are informed. The police team has shown you the arrest warrant of the court. You should really cooperate, join the investigation and defend yourself in court.”
Later, Rohit Ranjan was arrested by the Ghaziabad police from his residence, and the police announced in the media that Rohit was in the custody of the Noida Police. He was granted interim bail on the same day.
Rohit Ranjan and Zee News media channel apologized on 2 July 2022 on one of the social media platforms that they circulated the video of Rahul Gandhi wrongly linking it to the Udaipur massacre on 1 July 2022. The Udaipur massacre took place on 28 June 2022. Rohit Ranjan tweeted,
This was a human error for which our team apologizes. We apologize for that.”
In our show DNA the mistakes of Rahul Gandhi program incident were wrong, these were wrong, these were wrong Khiladi Khiladi, we are players making mistakes for setting. pic.twitter.com/YGs7kfbKKi
— Rohit Ranjan (@irohitr) 2 July 2022
Facts / Trivia
- Rohit Ranjan has got a tattoo of Namah Shivay on his right hand.
- In 2022, Rohit Ranjan started telecasting Zee News Channel’s prime-time show DNA after his previous anchor Sudhir Chaudhary left the organization.
- Some FIRs were registered against Rohit Ranjan in Raipur by some members of Congress party. These FIRs include 153A (promoting enmity between different groups), 295A (deliberate and malicious acts, intended to hurt the religious sentiments of any class), 467 (forgery), 469 (forgery to cause damage to reputation). , and 504 (intentional insult).
- Others who were accused by the complainant Congress MLA Devendra Yadav were the director and chairman of Zee News, its chief executive officer and its news anchor Rohit Ranjan. He accused him of spreading fake and fake news against Rahul Gandhi.
- A police team arrived to arrest Rohit Ranjan for the second time on 6 July 2022 after getting bail on 1 July 2022 after the first arrest. However, he was not found at his residence in Indirapuram in Ghaziabad and was declared absconding by the Chhattisgarh Police. On the same day, Rohit Ranjan filed a petition in the Supreme Court of India after several cases were registered against him for circulating fake news against Congress President Rahul Gandhi.
- Rohit Ranjan often posts pictures and videos on various social media platforms. His Facebook page is followed by more than 2k people and he is followed by more than 48.5k people on Twitter. His Instagram account is followed by more than 1k people.