Ruhi Chaturvedi is an Indian model and actress. She is known for playing the role of Sherlyn Chopra in Zee TV show Kundali Bhagya.
Ruhi Chaturvedi was born on Monday, 29 April 1991.age 31 years; by 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Taurus. She has completed her schooling from Divine Child, Mumbai. Later, he completed his studies in History from Bhawan College, Mumbai.
Ruhi was fond of acting since childhood. In an interview, Roohi shared her childhood memories,
I always wanted to be an actor because Madhuri Dixit lived in my building. As a kid, I used to watch a lot of his movies and loved his acting. In fact, I have accompanied him on different sets as well and that is how I got into acting. I would never be anything else. This was the last thing. ,
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: brown
Ruhi Chaturvedi belongs to a Marwari family.
parents and siblings
Ruhi Chaturvedi’s brother Atit Chaturvedi is an entrepreneur.
On 2 December 2019, Ruhi Chaturvedi married her best friend Shivendra Sainiyol, an actor. In an interview, Ruhi Chaturvedi talked about their relationship and said,
Shivendra and I have been friends for 13 years, but the idea of marrying each other didn’t come to our mind until our families suggested it. My father met his father and things went well. That’s why we are doing arranged marriages despite knowing each other for so long.”
Ruhi Chaturvedi follows Hinduism.
Ruhi Chaturvedi started her modeling career by participating in the Miss Mumbai beauty pageant. However, she could not win it. In 2010, she won the Miss India Worldwide pageant. Thereafter, she walked the ramp for many famous Indian fashion designers like Swapnil Shinde, Rocky S, Ritu Kumar, Ritu Beri and Narendra Kumar. She has walked the ramp for fashion weeks like Lakme Fashion Week, Bangalore Fashion Week, Wills Lifestyle Fashion Week and MIT Graduation Show.
Later, in 2017, Ruhi Chaturvedi decided to switch her career from modeling to acting. He talked about this in an interview and said,
The whole journey has been absolutely incredible. If I can be honest, I haven’t really faced so many struggles while finding my way on television. I still remember that my last fashion show was in Jaipur on 17th January 2017. After that I came back and told my parents that I don’t want to do fashion shows anymore and want to be a part of television.
In 2017, Ruhi Chaturvedi made her debut with the Zee television show Kundali Bhagya in which she played the role of Sherlyn Khurrana. Ekta Kapoor is producing this television show. In an interview, he talked about his TV show and said,
I have participated in Femina Miss India and walked the ramp for many fashion shows. Getting a call from Ekta Kapoor’s production house for Kundali Bhagya was like a dream come true for me. After giving my look test for the character of Sherlyn, I could not sleep for 15 days. I was not sure whether I would be selected or not. I was overjoyed when I got the final confirmation from the production team. I am glad that I am playing Sherlyn.”
- In 2016, she was awarded the Maharani Gayatri Devi Award for Best Upcoming Face.
- In 2017, she was awarded the Rajasthan International Film Award for Best First Lady for the Rajasthani film Kangana (2016).
- In 2018, he was awarded the Zee Rishtey Award for the television show Kumkum Bhagya (2017).
- In 2021, she was awarded the International Prestigious Award for Best Television Villain Actress for the television show Kumkum Bhagya (2017).
- book: The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari By Robin Sharma
Facts / Trivia
- According to Roohi, initially, her father was skeptical of her decision to play a negative character in the Hindi television show Kumkum Bhagya (2017). In an interview, Roohi said,
I remember when I got the offer, my father was skeptical about me taking up this role. Since it was a negative role, he thought I would be typecast and immediately said no. It took me a while to convince him by saying that it was just a cameo for two months and at the end of the first month, the character would turn into a positive role before he was kicked out of the show. That’s when he agreed to let me take the offer.”
- Ruhi Chaturvedi talked about her home state Rajasthan during an interview and said,
No matter where you were born, you always feel connected to your roots. Rajasthan is my home state and it feels great to be here. While everyone thinks about the rising temperatures, I just experience nostalgia. I have lived in Mumbai my whole life, but during my holidays I used to visit my father’s family house in Mukundgarh in Jhunjhunu district.
- In an interview, Roohi shared that her dream role is Vidya Bagchi from the Hindi film Kahaani (2012).
- In an interview, Roohi shared that her family has supported her career. he quoted,
I feel that my whole family supported me to get into this field. I come from a Marwari family, and a lot of girls are not allowed to come to this area. They are narrow-minded, but my mother, father, grandfather, grandmother, brother, were all super-supportive. You know there were times when I wanted to give up, but they always are. He kept reminding me why I started out first and always pushing me.
- According to Roohi, playing the role of Sherlyn Khurana in the television show Kumkum Bhagya has been her most challenging task. He further explained,
Seriously, I want to tell you that Sherlyn has been the most challenging role for me as I am not a smart person in life. One day I cried on the sets, I told my director that I don’t know how to play Sherlyn. I don’t know how to make faces, raise my eyebrows, etc. Everyone on the set got worried and scared; They started wondering if I could ever play this role.
- She is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog named Sky Chaturvedi.
- He is often seen drinking alcohol on several occasions.