Sagar Narvat is an Indian boxer who competes in the men’s 72 kg category. In June 2022, he qualified for the Commonwealth Games. He is also known as ‘The Lion Narvat’.
Sagar Singh Narwat was born on Sunday 10 July 1994.age 28 years; by 2022) in Kheri Kalan village, Faridabad, Haryana. His zodiac sign is Cancer.
He did his schooling from Modern School Sector 17, Faridabad, Haryana and Vidya Mandir Public School, Sector-15A, Faridabad, Haryana. He then attended the Indian Institute of Planning and Management, New Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx): 72 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
Body Measurements (Approx.): Chest 46″ Waist 32 Biceps 16
Sagar was born in a Hindu Jat family.
parents and siblings
His father Aram Singh is working as ASI in Haryana Police. His mother’s name is Sushma. His brother Nitesh Narvat is a businessman.
In 2010, he joined Dronacharya Boxing Club in Faridabad, Haryana to start his training in kickboxing. However, his coaches Rajeev Godara and Jai Bhagwan advised him to continue his training in boxing instead of kickboxing.
Thereafter he started his training in boxing and won various medals in district level boxing competitions. Sagar won a bronze medal in the Haryana Professional Boxing Championship (2013) and won another bronze medal in the 48th Senior Men’s Haryana State Boxing Championship. In 2016, he received the best boxer award with a gold medal at the International Rural Boxing Championship. Sagar has won many boxing championships like The Punch Boxing Series, Pro Boxing Fight Night and Super Boxing League. He has also played for OPM Punjab Sultans in Super Boxing League Season 1 (2017).
On 13 October 2017, in his first international tournament, he was awarded the Iron Man title after defeating Filipino boxer Jun Mamo at the Bakbakan Sadalo San Calbayog International Championships in the Philippines. He won the WBC Asia Continental title at The Punch 7 Boxing Competition (2021). Talking about the fight during an interview, he said that it was the biggest fight of his life. On his win, The Punch Boxing owner Arif Khan said,
Sagar is very hardworking and disciplined. He has moved on in every fight and finally he is here.
Sagar has participated in various Super Boxing Leagues. In an interview, he shared his experience in the Super Boxing League saying,
During my stint with SBL, one of my fights was against a legendary army boxer who had won a lot of professional matches in the past, whereas I was a complete none at that time. After dodging his big swings and hitting timed punches, constantly trying to calm my nerves, I was finally able to beat him. That’s when I got the name ‘The Lion’. I love the name that the boxing brothers have given me and I hope to continue to do justice to it in future also.”
His stance in the sport is conservative, and he competes in super welterweight competitions.
medals / victories
- Won the 15th Fight World Boxing Council Asian Boxing Council Continental Super Welter title against Rahul Kumar by unanimous decision
- 14th battle won by unanimous decision against Manish
- TKO. Won 13th fight against Nigerian boxer Sunday Jeff Igbuye
- TKO. Won 12th fight against Harish Satbir
- Won 10th fight unanimously against Gulab Lohot
- 9th fight won by TKO against Amit Rawat in 2nd round
- 8th fight against Rahul Kumar won by unanimous decision
- 7th fight won by TKO against Nishant Singh in 3rd round
- RTD wins sixth fight against Tanzania’s Abdullah Luanza in the second round
- 5th battle won by unanimous decision against Mohammad Shadab Khan
- Won the fourth battle against Inderpal Singh by unanimous decision
- Won the second challenge fight against Ryan Manno
- Won the Bakbakan Sadlaw San Calbayog International Championship in Philippines on 13 October 2017
- Won against Haryana Warriors in Super Boxing League
- Challenge Boxing League won in MP
- Won Gold Medal in International Rural Boxing Championship
- Won Bronze Medal in Haryana Professional Boxing Competition in Gurugram in 2013
- Won bronze medal in 48th Senior Men’s Haryana State Boxing
- Won Bronze Medal in Dr. BR Ambedkar All India Senior Men’s Championship held in Visakhapatnam
- Won Gold Medal in Cadet & Senior National Kickboxing Championship 2014 in Faridabad
- Won Gold Medal in 17th Junior National Kickboxing Championship 2012 in Visakhapatnam
- Won Gold Medal in 4th North Zone Kickboxing Championship in Punjab in 2011
- Won Silver Medal at 4th Indian Open 2012 National Open Kickboxing Championship in New Delhi
- Won Silver Medal in 16th Junior National Kickboxing Championship held at Angul Stadium, Odisha
Outstanding sportsperson (during his tenure) by Haryana Governor Jagannath Pahadia
Facts / Trivia
- As a child, he became interested in kickboxing and boxing. After returning from school, he used to watch various boxing matches on YouTube.
- He got his surname “Narvat” tattooed on his right tricep.
- One of his favorite boxers is Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- He started Sagar Narvat Boxing & Fitness Club, a boxing training and fitness center in 2018. Talking about his boxing center during an interview, he said,
There is no proper vehicle in my village so going to other cities for learning is a problem. People may not have much facilities, but the talent here is immense.
- In 2021, she was featured in the Hindi music video ‘Changa’, which was released on the YouTube channel Big Bang Music.
- Every year on June 4, he pays tribute to the martyr Jawan Yashpal Singh Narwat. Yashpal was martyred in the terrorist attack on 4 June 2001 in Kupwara, Jammu and Kashmir.
- Sagar is sponsored by several Indian brands like Sarvodaya Healthcare, Faridabad, GL Tech Marketing, Sports Odds and Leopard Nutrition.
- During an interview, he shared that his social media fans have always encouraged him to perform better in his matches. he said,
I consider myself extremely fortunate to have got the support of so many boxing fans in India. While it puts a lot of pressure on me to do better in the ring, it gives me a lot of honor to represent my country in grand, international events. ,
- Sagar is an exclusive devotee of Lord Shiva.