Sakshi Malik is a famous Indian freestyle female wrestler. She came into limelight in 2016 after winning a bronze medal in the 58kg category at the 2016 Summer Olympics. In 2014, she won a silver medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, and in 2015, she was the winner of a bronze medal at the Asian Wrestling Championships in Doha. In August 2016, she became the first Indian female wrestler and the fourth Indian female athlete to win an Olympic medal, after winning bronze in the 58 kg category at the Rio Olympics.
Sachin Tendulkar was born on Thursday 3rd September 1992.age 29 years; by 2022) in Rohtak, Haryana, India. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. He did his primary schooling at Vaish Public School, Rohtak, Haryana and secondary schooling at DAV Centenary Public School, Rohtak, Haryana. Soon after completing his schooling, he joined Maharishi Dayanand University (MDU), Rohtak, Haryana to pursue a master’s degree in physical education.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Weight (approx): 65 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
parents and siblings
Her father’s name is Sukhbir Malik, and he is a DTC bus conductor. Her mother’s name is Sudesh, and she works in the Anganwadi.
He has a brother named Sachin Malik.
husband and children
Sakshi Malik married Satyawart Kadian who is an Indian wrestler on 2 April 2017.
In 2010, Sakshi Malik won bronze at the Junior World Championships in the 59kg category. In 2014, she participated in the Dave Schultz International Wrestling Tournament and won a gold medal. In August 2014, he won a silver medal at the Commonwealth Games. In 2015, she participated in the Senior Asian Wrestling Championships in Doha and won a bronze medal. In May 2016, she defeated her rival Zhang Lan of China in the Olympic World Qualifying Tournament and qualified for the Rio Olympics. In August 2016, Sakshi Malik won a bronze medal at the Rio Olympics in the 58 kg category by defeating Aisulu Tynybekova of Kazakhstan. In 2022, he won a bronze medal in the Tunis Ranking Series event held in Tunis, Tunisia.
— Olympic Games (@OlympicKhel) 10 June 2022
In 2016, Sakshi Malik was appointed to the Indian Railways in the Commercial Department of its Delhi Division by the Government of India. Later, after winning a bronze medal in Rio, he was promoted from senior clerk to gazetted officer rank. Sakshi Malik was appointed as the Director of Wrestling of Maharishi Dayanand University (MDU) in September 2016.
Awards, Honors, Achievements
In 2016, Sakshi Malik was awarded the Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award. In 2017, he was awarded the Padma Shri.
After winning several medals in wrestling, Sakshi Malik was awarded a cash prize of over ₹5.7 crore (US$750,000) from Indian Railways, Indian Olympic Association, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of Delhi, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh . , Uttar Pradesh, and from the political party Indian National Lok Dal. Haryana Government 500 yd. Gave the permission to2 The land was named after him soon after he won several medals in the sport of wrestling.
Facts / Trivia
- Sakshi started practicing wrestling at the age of twelve. His grandfather Badlu Ram was a wrestler. His father inspired him to practice wrestling.
- In the 2016 Summer Olympics, Sakshi Malik became the first Indian female wrestler to win a medal, after winning a bronze medal in the 58 kg wrestling category.
- In a conversation with the media, once Sakshi Malik told that her coach Ishwar Dahiya used to pick her up from home and take her to the coaching stadium during training. He said that for this he also had to face opposition from the local people.
- Sakshi Malik has also walked the ramp in many events.
- Sakshi Malik is coached by her personal Ishwar Dahiya, who started wrestling training at an akhara at the Chhotu Ram Stadium in Rohtak when she was 12 years old. Later, he trained under Indian wrestler Mandeep Singh.
- According to Sakshi Malik, she had to fight with boys during her wrestling training period, as girls from her area were not allowed to participate in the sport.
- In her spare time, Sakshi Malik loves to practice yoga, and traveling to distant places is her favorite recreational activity.
- In an interview with a media house, Sakshi once revealed that her personal favorite medal was the silver medal, which she won in the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
- He is often featured on their covers by famous Indian magazines and tabloids.
- Sakshi Malik remains quite active on various social media platforms. She often posts her pictures and videos on social media. His Twitter handle is followed by more than 573k people.