Sandhya Shekhar is an Indian makeup artist. She is primarily known for her signature no-makeup look. He has created iconic looks for Deepika Padukone for various award and fashion shows like Met Gala and Cannes.
Sandhya Shekhar was born on Monday, 11 June 1984, (Age 38 years; by 2022) Udupi in Karnataka. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He is also called Sandy by his friends. He did his MBA in Finance and Marketing from the International School of Business and Media. After finding her interest in makeup and deciding to pursue it as a career, Shekhar did a professional course in makeup in Bangalore under the guidance of her hairstylist Prabhat and her dear friend Sitara Kudige, who is also a stylist. Later, she went to the London School of Beauty and Makeup and did a one-month course there. He did another professional course with Nahush Pise in Mumbai.
Height (Approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Color: Black
Eye Colour: Black
parents and siblings
Sandhya Shekhar lost her father to cancer. His sister’s name is Saumya Prashant.
She is married to Vikas Vasudev, an acclaimed portrait and fashion photographer.
Growing up in a village, she had no idea that makeup could be a massive career option. She thought it was limited to beauty parlor only. Later, when she moved to Bangalore, she came to know about career options in the field of makeup through her hairstylist Prabhat and her friend Sithara Kudige, who is a leading stylist in Bangalore. Before entering the field of makeup, Sandhya did a corporate job at Yes Bank in Bangalore for a year. Initially, she started her career as a makeup artist in Bangalore, but did not get a good response, after which she moved to Mumbai. At the beginning of her career, she got orders for bridal makeup and gradually she started getting offers for makeup of models. In 2005, she began her career in the industry professionally as a celebrity makeup artist and worked for MTV promos and did her first fashion editorial for Grazia magazine, which she considers the turning point of her career. Most of the popular magazines like Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Grazia, GQ, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan etc are Sandhya Shekhar’s clients. He has done makeup for many Bollywood actresses including Deepika Padukone, Katrina Kaif, Anushka Sharma, Jacqueline Fernandes, Aditi Rao Hydari, Parineeti Chopra and Kangana Ranaut.
She is known for portraying the iconic looks of Deepika Padukone at the Met Gala and Cannes Film Festival. She is feeling grateful for getting this opportunity. Talking about this in an interview given to Grazia Magazine, he said,
Deepika Padukone doing makeup for this year’s Met Gala. It’s every makeup artist’s dream to work at the Oscars or the Met Gala. And I am so lucky and grateful that I got this opportunity this year.
He also did Deepika Padukone’s wedding makeup.
- In 2016, she received the Elle Artist of the Year award.
- In 2018, she received the Vogue India Beauty Award for Best of Industry Makeup Artist.
- Eat: Tibetan food, fish, pizza and bacon
- make up artist: Deepa Verma, Anil Chinnapa and Billy B. Brassfield
Facts / Trivia
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Sandhya Shekhar strongly believes that a makeup artist should always be updated with the tools and technology used in the makeup industry. She often participates in short masterclasses, trade shows and exhibitions. In an interview he talked about this and said,
So even though I have been at it for 15 years, I still take 3-5 day masterclasses if I feel there is anything happening in Mumbai or anywhere else that I respect.
- In an interview with Grazia magazine, she revealed that she always has a Shu Uemura lash curler, Embryolis Late-Cream Concentrator Nourishing Moisturizer, Luma Cheek and Lip Tint, and a good eyebrow fixer in her makeup kit.
- She is so fond of make-up that as a child she used to steal her mother’s make-up kit and apply it on herself and when her mother stopped her from wearing make-up, she used to stain her lips and cheeks with beetroot.
- According to Sandhya, at the age of 32 she went into depression due to financial and family problems.
- Shekhar likes shopping, gardening and listening to classical music.
- She was trolled on social media for creating smokey eye makeup look for Deepika Padukone at various events, but the artist actively responded to the criticism and asked critics to feel free to do Deepika’s makeup.
- In 2015, Sandhya Shekhar participated in the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon and won a medal but could not complete the marathon due to ill health.
- She often endorses beauty products on her social media. In an Instagram post, she was seen promoting ‘Lovina Cleansing Balm’.
- She took to Instagram to promote the “Happy Hormones Blend” green tea by ‘Tree of Life Holistic Health’ to highlight the benefits of green tea for good skin. He also revealed his love for coffee through an Instagram post.
This post is auto generated. All Materials and trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your articles, please contact us.