Husband: Wesley Blake
Age: 30 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts about Sarah Lee
- Sarah Lee (1992–2022) was an American powerlifter, professional wrestler, and television personality. On August 25, 2015, she rose to fame when she emerged as the winner of the American professional wrestling reality television show “Tough Enough” on USA Network. Sara died on 6 October 2022 and the cause of her death has not been revealed.
- In an interview, when asked how he met Sarah Lee, his wife, Wesley Blake, said,
We met at the performance center. When Tough Enough was out, I used to go to a friend’s house and we would watch. I’ll never forget when they announced 11 Tough Enough People. When Sara came on screen, I said to people, ‘I don’t know what this is, but I think she is the most beautiful woman I’ve ever laid my eyes on.’ It was crazy, it was even a thing before the show. Just by luck, she wins it. I was so proud of her. When you are so beautiful inside and out, it is visible through the camera. I think that’s what helped him win. We started talking at NXT Combine. We were doing some weight room testing. We did the rower and I did so much that I threw up. I was in the weight room, head over a trash can, as the girls were about to begin, the first impression. She was so sweet that later that night she messaged me on Twitter saying ‘Hey I hope you feel better.’ And from there the bus took off.”
- Sarah earned a cash prize of $250,000 and a one-year contract with WWE when she won the wrestling reality show Tough Enough. Tough Enough, produced by WWE, was a wrestling competition in which 13 contestants (6 women and 7 men) competed against each other in a series of challenges.
- Sarah competed against Alicia Fox, a former American professional wrestler, in the final match of the wrestling competition Tough Enough. After winning the Rough Enough title, Sarah received professional wrestling training at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. On January 30, 2016, during a Six-Diva tag team match, he made his in-ring debut at a live event on WWE NXT, an American professional wrestling television program. In 2016, Sarah appeared in WWE NXT, and participated in eight live wrestling matches.
- Sarah was released from her one-year contract with WWE on 30 September 2016, when she announced her first pregnancy. Reportedly, the reason for her contract to be withdrawn was not her pregnancy but her declining performance in wrestling matches. Later, she chose to wrestle on the independent circuit.
- Two days before her death, Sara revealed through an Instagram post that she is suffering from sinus infection.
- Sara’s mother Teri Lee revealed about her daughter’s death through a post on her Facebook account, which read,
With a heavy heart we would like to state that all of our Weston has gone to live with Jesus. We are all in shock and arrangements are not complete. We want you to respectfully mourn our family. We all need prayers, especially for Corey and her kids.”
- Sarah’s ring name, Hope, was dedicated to her hometown, Hope Township.
- Sara was selected out of 11,000 people who sent their audition clips for selection in the Tough Enough wrestling competition.
- Bull James, one of Sarah’s friends and a professional wrestler, organized a funding event, “GoFundMe”, which was started to help Sarah’s husband, Wesley Blake, and members of his family.
- Sara was often seen drinking alcoholic beverages on various occasions with friends and family members.