Sarita Choudhary is a British actress best known for her role as Meena in the film Mississippi Masala (1991).
Sarita Chowdhary was born as Sarita Katherine Louise Chowdhary on Sunday, 18 August 1966.age 56 years; by 2022) in Blackheath, London, England. His zodiac sign is Leo. He studied economics and film at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx): 58 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
Body Measurements (Approximately): 36-25-36
parents and siblings
Sarita was born to an Indian father, Prabhas Chandra Choudhary, who was a scientist, and an English mother, Julia Patricia.
He has two brothers, Kumar Michael Chowdhary and Chandra Paul Chowdhary.
husband and children
Sarita’s husband is a photographer and they have a daughter, Maria.
She is half Indian and half English.
Sarita made her acting debut with the film Mississippi Masala (1991) and played the role of Meena.
She has appeared in several films including The House of the Spirits (1993), Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love (1996), Just a Kiss (2002), She Hate Me (2004) and The Accidental Husband (2008).
Sarita made her television debut in 1995 with the show ‘Down Come a Blackbird’ and played the role of Myrna.
She has starred in other television shows including Subway Stories (1997), The Good Wife (2010), Homeland (2011–2017), The Path (2018), and Jessica Jones (2019).
Sarita first appeared as Rosie in the short film ‘Dinner Party’ in 1997.
She appeared in other short films including Lady in a Box (2006), Give into the Night (2013), Wake O Wake (2016), Human Terrain (2019), and Here Comes Frida (2020).
In 2022, she won the Best Supporting Actress award for the film ‘The Green Knight’.
Facts / Trivia
- Sarita’s hobbies include dancing and cycling.
- In an interview, she had said that as a child she used to notice the people around her and learn their tone. She also said that her brothers used to make fun of her for copying other people’s tone.
- He was interested in entertainment since childhood. She used to attend dance classes when she was four years old. She realized that she wanted to be an actress when she was sixteen.
- While she was studying acting at Queen’s University, she starred in films that her friends made as a part of their projects. In an interview, he said that his first job in the film industry was when his university professors gave him the job of translating scripts.
- When she was twenty three years old, she did her first film in Mississippi Masala. She wanted to pursue her further studies but didn’t get the chance as she got too many roles.
- She was often asked to play the role of girls belonging to different nationalities like South American and Bosnian.
- In 2010, in an interview, she said that she wanted to shift to India and work in Bollywood films. He added,
I want to [move to India], People think I don’t want to come back. They think I want to live in America because it’s been really cool for me. But I want something more culturally rich now. I would like to do it soon. I guess I should do it soon.”
- She learned classical Indian dance while she was shooting for the film Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love (1996). She has done many nude scenes in the film. In an interview, he had said that he did nude scenes in films only when he had faith in the director of the film.
- In an interview he talked about Indian cinema and said,
Thankfully, Indian cinema is no longer just about Bollywood, as that kind of cinema is not really my liking. But there are smaller films, more original and more real, which are being made and I want to be a part of such cinema. ,
- Sarita was fifty years old when she starred in the show ‘And Just Like That’ in 2021. In an interview, he talked about ageism and said,
When you turn 50, you’re told you’re done. In 2021, most marriages did not last until people were in their fifties. You were back on the dating scene. You’ve had some bad dates, maybe some good ones. A lot of things are happening. In your thirties, you go to discos or you go to cool bars. Where do you go in your fifties? What is the scene?’ He has done a good job in us trying to understand himself and making a lot of mistakes. ,
- In 2022, Sarita was criticized by the public as she referred to the lehenga as a saree in the Diwali episode of the series ‘And Just Like That’. In this episode, she went to a shop with her friend and suggested him to buy a lehenga, which she called Saree.