Seerat Kaur Mann is the daughter of famous Punjabi comedian turned politician. Bhagwant MannuWho became the 17th Chief Minister of Punjab in 2022.
Seerat Kaur Mann was born on Monday 21 May 2001.age 21 years; by 2021) in Canada. Once, in a Facebook post, Bhagwant Mann shared an anecdote in which he revealed that an instrument hit him in the head during an operation, just after Seerat was born. After this she remained in critical care for about ten days. After spending her early childhood in Chandigarh, India, she moved to Auburn, Washington with her mother and brother after her parents divorced. From 2015 to 2018, she did her schooling at Auburn Mountainview High School, Auburn, Washington. From 2018 t0 2022, he holds a Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Washington, Seattle, majoring in Public Health-Global Health and Mining in Law, Society and Justice (LSJ). At university, she was also part of the Title IX Sex and Gender-Based Violence Prevention Program. She has also earned the AP Capstone Diploma.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
hair color: black
Eye Colour: Black
In March 2015, Seerat Kaur’s parents filed for divorce in the SAS Nagar Court. The application was filed under Section 13-B of the Hindu Marriage Act, decree of divorce by mutual consent. Reportedly, Inderpreet was not in favor of Bhagwant Mann pursuing a career in politics. As a result, Bhagwant Mann and Inderpreet Kaur started living separately. After separation, Seerat and Dilshan moved with their mother to California, USA, meanwhile Bhagwant Mann split his time between Delhi and Mohali in India. Later, Bhagwant Mann publicly claimed that he chose Punjab over his family. Mann, known for using poetry in his political campaigns, posted a poem on his Facebook account to express his feelings about divorce, which read,
Jo latkeya si chiran ton o hal ho gaya,
The court’s decision was taken yesterday,
One close family, another close family,
Main tan yaaro punjab de wal ho gaya.”
(A long pending issue has been resolved. Yesterday the court gave its verdict. I had to choose between one family and another. I decided to go with Punjab)
Many believed that Bhagwant Mann was trying to get political mileage out of his divorce case.
2014 Indian general election in Punjab
During the 2014 Indian general elections in Punjab, Bhagwant Mannu Contested on Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) ticket from Sangrur Lok Sabha constituency of Punjab. At that time, Indrapreet actively participated in her husband’s political journey and gave speeches in favor of AAP in the villages of Sangrur to help him win. Bhagwant Mann won the election by defeating Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa by a margin of 2,11,721 votes.
religion and caste
She belonged to a Jat Sikh family
2022 Punjab Assembly Elections
Seerat Kaur Mann gained media attention when Bhagwant Mann became the 17th Chief Minister of Punjab in 2022. Seerat and Dilshan attended their father’s swearing-in ceremony, which was held on 16 March 2022 at Khatkar Kalan village, India’s birthplace. Revolutionary Bhagat Singh. At the venue, while addressing the media, Seerat revealed that before 2022, she had gone to meet her father in 2017, when he contested the Punjab Assembly elections from Jalalabad assembly constituency. He also said,
My father will work on the issue of unemployment in Punjab. I have high hopes from him and I know he will fulfill all his promises.
Experience and Certificates
During her studies in healthcare, Seurat worked as a student research assistant at Seattle Children’s, a children’s hospital in the Laurelhurst neighborhood of Seattle. She worked there for five months and joined The University of Washington Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity (OMA&D) in September 2021 as a student associate. She was also a part of the Washington State Opportunity Scholarship.She has earned certification from the Northwest Center for Public Health Practice in the programs “Safe at Every Stage: Injury and Violence Prevention and the Developing Brain” and “COVID-19 Information Navigator”. He has also earned certification in the web-based curriculum of the CITI program in Human Subject Research (HSR).
Awards, Honors, Achievements
Facts / Trivia
- A promising student in America, Seerat Kaur Mann once received a letter of appreciation from former US President Barack Obama.
- She is actively involved with the Rivkin Center, a non-profit organization in Seattle, Washington, that funds ovarian cancer research programs aimed at spreading free health education to women. She is the campus ambassador of Rivkin EDU, an educational outreach program that educates students on breast and ovarian health at Pac 12 universities.
- The Rivkin Center website states that Seerat wants to pursue a career as a health care administrator. They aim to improve the quality of health systems and services and increase access to health facilities across the United States.
- A women’s rights activist, Seerat strives to reduce the stigma towards women’s bodies, especially in the South Asian community.
- In her spare time, Seerat enjoys watching films, reading and painting. She is also fond of food and likes to eat spicy food.
- On the arrival of Seerat and Dilshan to Punjab in 2022, Punjabi comedian, actor and singer Karamjit Anmol A private cake cutting ceremony was organized at the residence of the CM to welcome the children.
- Apart from being a scholar, Seerat is also fond of adventure sports and in 2017 took up skydiving in Montreal, and did a tandem jump from 13,500 feet.
- She is a general board member and marketing director of Sher-e-Punjab Society UW, a club at the University of Washington that celebrates and promotes Punjabi identity and culture through community events.
- During his Bachelor of Arts studies, he learned the Italian language for one semester.