Shahryar Munawwar Siddiqui, better known as Shahryar Munawwar, is a Pakistani actor, model, film producer and director. He is popularly known for playing the role of Shahryar in the 2019 comedy romantic film ‘Pare Hut Love’ directed by Asim Raza. For his performance in ‘Pare Hut Love’, he won the Pakistan International Screen Award in 2020 for Best Actor in a Leading Role, He started his acting career in 2012 with the TV show ‘Mere Dard Ko Jo Zubaan Mile’, in which He played this character. Why Arooj? His first film was ‘Ho Man Jahan’ which released in 2016.
Shahryar Munawwar was born on Tuesday, 9 August 1988.age 33 years; by 2022) in Karachi, Pakistan. His zodiac sign is Leo. He completed his A-Level studies at Southshore School, Karachi. He graduated in finance from the Institute of Business Administration in Karachi, Pakistan. He used to do theater in college, which increased his interest in acting.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx): 70 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: light brown
Body Measurements (Approx.): Chest: 40 Inches, Waist: 34 Inches, Biceps: 15 Inches
Shahryar Munawwar hails from a Muslim family in Karachi, Pakistan.
parents and siblings
His father, Munawwar Alam Siddiqui, was an Air Commodore in the Pakistan Air Force, an Air Officer rank. After retiring from the Air Force, he started his own business. His mother’s name is Safia Munawwar and she is a housewife. He has three siblings, a sister and two brothers. His sister Nadia has graduated in business. His elder brother Asfandyar was an investment banker who died in a car accident on 23 December 2012. In 2011, his younger brother Manoucher was injured when he was shot at a cafe.
In 2019, Shahryar got engaged to Hala Soomro, who is a doctor, but due to some reasons, the engagement broke down and they parted ways. In a statement regarding their engagement, Shaharyar shared a few updates and said,
I will not comment on the decision taken by my family. This is a private matter involving two families, and I would like to take this opportunity to request everyone to give our family, me and my ex-fiancée their fair share of privacy and time to deal with this new development in our lives .
I would like to thank my fans for all their love and understanding and members of the media for their continued support and request everyone to respect my need for privacy at this time. I will not comment further on this matter.”
Shahryar started his acting career in 2012 by playing the role of Aroj, a deaf and dumb man, in the TV serial ‘Mere Dard Ko Jo Zubaan Mile’, for which he received critical acclaim. He played the character of Jarak in the 2013 romantic drama ‘Tanhaiyan Naye Silsila’ which was directed by Marina Khan. In the same year, he acted in two more serials named ‘Kahi Unchi’ and ‘Zindagi Gulzar Hai’. In 2014, she was cast in the romantic drama ‘Aasmanon Pe Likha’ opposite Sajal Ali in the lead role. In 2021, Maya Ali and Shahryar were cast in the romantic drama series Pehli Si Muhabbat directed by Anjum Shehzad. Another series released in 2021 was ‘Sinf-e-Aahan’ in which he played the character of SSG commando Major Usama.
After debuting in the Pakistani film industry in 2016, she featured in the 2017 action comedy film ‘Kambakht’. Shahryar played the role of Tipu in the film ‘7 Din Mohabbat In’ opposite female lead actress Mahira Khan. In 2019, a sci-fi action film ‘Project Ghazi’ was released in which Shahryar was cast to play the role of Major Zain. In the 2021 film ‘Khel Khel Mein’ directed by Nabil Qureshi, he acted as a supporting character named Wajih Karmullah.
Shehayar has also acted in a crime fiction web series titled ‘Katil Haseeno Ke Naam’ in 2021 in which he played a supporting character named Bilal.
In 2016, he made his debut as an actor and producer in the same film, Ho Man Jahan. The second film that he produced was 2019’s Pare Hut Love. He has also directed a short film titled ‘Prince Charming’ in 2021. He has also directed some commercials.
Awards and nominations
- In 2013, he won the Hum Award for Best New Sensation Male for ‘Mere Dard Ko Jo Zubaan Mile’.
- In 2017, he won the Lux Style Award for Best Supporting Actor in ‘Ho Man Jahan’.
- In 2018, he won the Masala Award for Most Versatile Actor for the film ‘7 Din Mohabbat In’.
- In 2020, he won the Pakistan International Screen Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role in the film ‘Pare Hut Love’.
- In 2021, he won the Filmfare Middle East Award for Best Debutante Filmmaker for the short film ‘Prince Charming’.
- In 2021, he won the International Pakistan Prestige Awards for Best On-Screen Film Duet – Maya Ali and Shahryar Munawwar in ‘Pare Hut Love’.
- actor: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
Facts / Trivia
- He also goes by the surname Sherry.
- In 2019, ‘Pare Hut Love’ was the film with the highest box office collection.
- If Shahryar had to wear only one piece of clothing every day, he would wear a white denim shirt.
- He has four tattoos on his body.
- He likes to take a bath while reading a book for about half an hour.
- Shahryar has also worked as the TV host of the game show ‘Khel Ke Jeet’.
- In the 2013 TV serial ‘Zindagi Gulzar Hai’, Shahryar shared the camera with famous Pakistani actor Fawad Khan. Shahryar had done theater in college but working in a TV drama was completely new and completely different for him. Shahryar is the nephew of Sultana Siddiqui, the director and producer of the show. Sultana was looking for a ‘good looking’ young man so she cast him. Sharing his experience in an interview, he said,
I used to struggle a lot with the actors around me. Rightly so, it was unfair to him that someone new was working with him. That whole experience was not good for me.”
I wish there was someone who could explain the scenes and dialogues to me. The script will be given to me two minutes before we roll, and it will only add to the trouble. That whole experience was really tough for me. ,
Talking about his work experience with Fawad, he shared that working with Fawad was not easy, he gave him a tough time and had a terrible experience.
Fawad was still out of Humsafar and must have thought that the director-producer’s nephew is here. He gave me a tough time.”
When asked whether Fawad had threatened him, Shahryar said,
It was a different kind, not the bullying we see on television. But yes, he was tough on me, and now that I think about it, the fear of being on the sets full time… it was a very difficult time for me.
- In October 2021, Shahryar went viral for being in a picture with actress Deepika Padukone. They met each other over dinner in Dubai. Later talking about the incident, he said
Nothing really, it was a casual conversation, it was a human interaction. We were together over dinner for two-three hours and I only talked to him on a human level. I didn’t want it to leak as a picture. However, it leaked and I had to take action.”
As soon as the picture started going viral on social media, he approached all the major social media blogging sites to remove the picture.
You must have seen it only for 20 minutes. I removed it as soon as possible. Obviously, I could not reach out to all the media outlets but thank you to all the journalists and my PR team for helping me remove this,” shared Shaharyar.
Talking about the viral incident, in an interview for a magazine, he said,
From our picture, I can also read in the issue and she can also read in the issue. Four things happen, and I didn’t want that because I had another human contact, on a human level. I was neither the actor nor the actor then.
- Shahryar is a fan of Indian actor Nawazuddin Siddiquiacting skills. He has seen all his movies. When he met them at the Filmfare Middle East Awards in Dubai, they talked to each other for 10-15 minutes. Shahryar tried to imitate one of his famous dialogues for fun. When actress Mahira Khan asked him to touch Nawazuddin’s feet and he bent down to do so, but Nawazuddin stopped him. The incident had a tendency to receive negative views, while talking about it in an interview for a magazine, he said,
The media publication shared that Shahryar Munawwar touched Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s feet. Everyone knows the time taken that this will create depression. This is very bad journalism because we are just thinking that if four of our views go extra unknown, someone else will see us tomorrow.”
- According to some media reports, the actress Priyanka Chopramother of Madhu Chopra Seeing Shahryar’s show ‘Kahi Uncha’ became his fan. He was stunned when Priyanka called him by his name. In an interview he said,
I died instantly when I realized she knew my name,” laughed Shahryar. “He then said, ‘My mother is a fan of yours’. And I was like ‘huh? He said yes, he is proud, will you go there with me for a while? She wants a picture with you.”
I was very surprised when this was happening but Priyanka was very sweet about it. He said Shahryar. Obviously I know you, my mother is a fan, come with me to the vanity,” he said.
- Talking about the most daring thing he has ever done in an interview, he said,
The most daring thing I have done is telling my mother that once I tried on your call, and you ended it yourself, but this time, I will choose the girl I want to marry. ,
- Shahryar was trolled and referred to as the ‘Bradley Cooper of the Gharebs’ on Facebook, to which he replied,
Poor is not a stigma. Thank you for associating me with a group that works day and night to earn for themselves and their families. Much respect.”