Siri Narayan is an Indian rapper and songwriter. She is known for rapping in several languages including Kannada, Telugu, Hindi and English. He rose to fame after the release of the 2020 song “My Jam” produced by Say on the Beat. It got over 1 million views on YouTube in 2 years.
Siri was born in December 1992 (age 30 years; by 2022) in Bangalore. Siri is trained in Carnatic music. He studied at National Institute of Fashion Technology, Hyderabad. He developed an interest in rapping while studying at NIFT, Hyderabad. He began rapping in 2015 after hearing “Out of My Mind” by BoB featuring Nicki Minaj. She started performing at college events and festivals. She performed the song “Out of My Mind” at a college event, and the audience reaction after her first rap performance inspired her to pursue a career in rapping and create her own music.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx): 60 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
Body Measurements (Approx.): 32-28-34
Siri was born and brought up in a Hindu family in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
In 2016, Siri released her first song in collaboration with Row, “Anybody”, on her YouTube channel. In 2018, he released the song titled “Live It” in collaboration with Every Man. In 2019, she came out with the song “Gold” featuring Says on the Beat. In 2020, Siri released the song titled “Yaru” produced by Akash. In 2021, he wrote the song “SANTE” and featured it in his music video.
In 2019, she rapped in the song “Beauty Queen” from the Kannada language film “Yana”.
In 2017, Anoop collaborated with Siri on the Kannada song “Maale”, which means rain. In 2019, he worked on a project with DOSSMODE and composed an anthem for the IPL (Indian Premier League) cricket team Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) titled “RCB Anthem 646”. In 2019, SIRI and Sez on the Beat collaborated to produce a track for the multinational brand Nike’s “Project Nike”. In the same year, the Garlyapa YouTube channel and Whisper, which makes menstrual hygiene products, created a song called “Tu Bas Naach”, which was released on the Garlyapa YouTube channel. Siri, VS42, D MC, and Kaywa and Kriti collaborated to create the Girliapa Power Anthem. This song was created to empower women and break the stereotypes imposed on women.
In 2020, Siri starred in the song “Move Like a Lady”, which was released to celebrate International Women’s Day. On 21st June 2021, Raja Kumari put the song “Queen Cypher” on her YouTube channel; The song features Siri along with two other female rappers. meba offiliaAnd D MC, In 2021, Siri starred in the song “Namma Stories – The South Anthem”, which was released on Netflix India’s YouTube channel. He performed in this rap song with other South Indian hip-hop artists, including NJ, Arivu and Hanumankind; The song garnered over 7 million views on YouTube in one year.
- Won Best Electronic – Jury Choice Award for “Tu Bas Naach” at 6th Radio City India Freedom Awards 2019
- Won Best Indie Collaboration – Jury Choice Award for “Tu Bas Naach” at 6th Radio City India Freedom Awards 2019
- Rapper(s): Nicki Minaj, Missy Elliot, A Tribe Called Quest (hip-hop group)
Facts / Trivia
- Siri Narayan is better known by his stage name Siri.
- She has an interest in fine arts and studied design in college.
- She can play the harp instrument and upload a harp cover of The Weeknd’s “Starboy” song to her YouTube channel.
- Siri has performed on platforms such as Rider Mania, VH1 Supersonic and Echoes of Earth.
- Siri is related to Budweiser’s Be a King campaign. In 2019, Budweiser released a song called “Be a King”, which includes divine and Siri.
- In 2016, Siri released the first episode of her series titled “Straight Off the Desk”, in which she set her own lyrics to the music of Rihanna’s “Work” song. In 2017, she released the music video of her song “Soul” as the second episode of her series. In the third episode of the series, she rapped to the tune of Lil Pump’s song “Gucci Gang”.
- In an interview, when asked how his parents reacted to his hip-hop and rapping, and whether they supported him or not, he replied,
My mom still doesn’t understand what I do, dad is very understanding now and very helpful. Initially both of them never believed in me and it was very hard on me mentally. I’m glad things went well in the end. So I urge people to rebel against their parents as well because they will eventually understand, otherwise, both the parents and you will be unhappy for not pursuing what you want in life. The best thing to do is to go out and be alone. I did that, I live in the same city where my parents live. Things were never easy but in due course things will work out for everyone.”
- Siri is a multilingual rapper. When asked about his creative process of a song and the transition from one language to another, he said,
When I mix languages I make sure there is a smooth transition between them and both the languages are well balanced. Each project is handled differently. ,
- In an interview, talking about the challenges she faced as a female rapper in India. He replied,
The challenges are the same as in any industry, where the majority of the male population resides. Here, the audience is also mostly men, so I believe that people do not support you as much as they show men. But I think I am here to change that. Sexism is the same everywhere so I like to talk about what I do and how I do it more than my challenges because honestly, it’s exhausting. I should probably save it as material for my songs.”
- In an interview giving advice to those who want to get into the hip-hop industry and become a rapper, he said,
My advice would be – don’t listen to the advice just because you know what’s best for you. The internet will tell you whether you suck or that you’re good at rapping, that’s all! But always turn to some people and mentors you trust for advice. Make more mistakes and work harder, that’s not a bad thing!”