Sneh Rana is an Indian cricketer, best known for being the first Indian woman to score a half-century and taking four wickets on her Test debut.
Sneh Rana was born on Friday, 18 February 1994.age 28 years; by 2022) at Sinola, Dehradun. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. He studied at Doon Valley Public School, Dehradun. She did her graduation from BBK DAV College for Women, Amritsar.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx): 65 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
Body Measurements (Approximately): 36-34-36
Sneh Rana belongs to a Rajput family.
parents and siblings
Sneh’s father’s name was Late. Bhagwan Singh Rana, who was a farmer. Her father died in 2021 before Sneh made his international debut. In an interview, he talked about his father and said,
I lost my father two months ago. It was a difficult and emotional moment for me as he wanted to see me play for India. But unfortunately, he could not. Whatever I do now, I will dedicate everything to him.
His mother’s name is Vimala Rana. He has an elder sister Ruchi Rana. In an interview, Sneh said that his family has supported him in his journey to become a cricketer.
Sneh made his ODI debut on 19 January 2014 against Sri Lanka at Visakhapatnam. He made his Test debut on 16 June 2021 against England in Bristol, where he scored 80 off 154 balls. He made his T20 debut on 26 January 2014 against Sri Lanka in Vizianagaram.
- thin crust: MS Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016)
- Vacation Destination: Dehradun
Facts / Trivia
- Her friends and relatives fondly call her as Charu.
- She is a right handed batsman and right arm off break bowler. His jersey number is #2 (India). She played cricket for Punjab women’s team and Railway women’s team.
- He is coached by Narinder Shah and his wife Kiran Shah.
- Her hobbies include traveling and painting.
- He has got a tattoo inked on his left arm.
- When she was a child, she used to play badminton, but later her interest shifted to cricket. In an interview, his sister Ruchi said that Sneh used to play cricket with boys and behave like a tomboy in childhood. When his father saw him playing cricket with the boys, he enrolled him in Little Master Academy, Dehradun.
- When Sneh practiced cricket on the field, she took English and maths books with her and taught other girls on the ground.
- Sneh used to play cricket in Uttarakhand in childhood, but there was no cricket association in Uttarakhand, so she went to play in Haryana. She played under-19 in Haryana and later became a part of Punjab cricket team.
- She played her first tournament in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, where she won the Women of the Series award at the tournament.
- In an interview, her coach had said that when Sneh joined the academy, she was too ashamed to play in front of her coaches.
- In 2016, she suffered a knee injury, and she was unfit to play international matches for five years. While she was undergoing treatment, she used to play domestic matches. He was treated under the physio of U Mumba Kabaddi team. He started playing cricket after two years of injury. In an interview, he talked about his comeback and said,
I found it difficult to deal with the injury. But I was hopeful and working hard and aiming for a comeback. A lot of people my age think they won’t be able to make a comeback, or that it gets harder day by day to come back to the highest level. So, I hope, I am able to inspire someone with this today. I don’t think anyone should ever give up.”
- Sneh bagged eighteen wickets in the Women’s Senior One Day Trophy 2020-21 when she played for Railways.
- In 2021, she was selected for the women’s team for international test debut, in an interview she talked about it and said,
An emotional moment for me, being selected for the national team after 5 years, I am very happy. I have never played here before, this innings will give me a lot of confidence to go into the white ball game.
- In 2021, Indian women’s team coach Ramesh Powar talked about affection in an interview and said,
Sneh Rana is the find of this series. The way she was bowling in the practice session in Southampton [India’s base prior to the start of the tour], we thought we should give him a chance. It was a difficult decision to play two off-spinners [Deepti Sharma is the other], but he has played his role seamlessly. I am really happy for him. Being an off-spinner myself, I can see the talent. She is someone who can play in tough conditions and that’s what we need right now. When big tournaments and big series come, we need capable players who can handle the pressure.
- On 3 April 2022, he met the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami at his residence and received much appreciation from him.
- Sneh talked about in an interview Jhulan Goswami and said,
See, she has reached a certain level and she knows very well how to handle her workload. I think we don’t need to tell him, he is a legend. There is a conversation between the management and the medical team and then they take care of it.”
- In 2022, he participated in ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ as a guest along with other cricketers including Jhulan Goswami and Harmanpreet Kaur.
- In an interview, Sneh revealed that when she was young her father had borrowed money from someone and she had to play in a tournament.
- In an interview, he had said that all the awards he receives are decorated at his home.
- She often posts pictures of sketches and paintings made by her on social media.
- She often advertises various products on social media.
- She regularly visits the gym and often posts pictures of her workouts on social media.
- She is an avid dog lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.